Biggest Reason our Offense will improve

Stussy109

Any handicapper or serious Bills fan knows Trent struggled vs any 3-4 defense. IMO that should be the biggest improvement this year for the Off, simply that they will be prepared to face a 3-4. Word on the street was that the scout team D rarely ran the 3-4, and didn't start doing it until fewell took over as head coach IIRC. This little change alone should account for a couple of extra wins this season. I predict 8 wins. If our D plays as dominantly as they can, maybe a 9 win season. As Trent goes, the team goes. In Gailey I trust.

For what its worth, last time Edwards played Miami last October, he was sacked 6 times, and threw 3 picks, talk about not being able to pick apart the defense.

Many reasons for possible improvement of the offense.

1. Injured starters are back. The Bills had 11 different OL combinations last season.

2. Addition of CJ Spiller to the offense.

3. Much better play calling from Gailey compared to Alex Van Pelt

4. Getting rid of the No-Huddle offense, for which we never had the personnel.

The keys are going to be

1. Convert 3rd downs and sustain drives

2. Score TDs in the Redzone

3. Protect the football and the signal caller.

The bills were horrible in both those areas (see my other post). If the Bills improve in those areas, the offense will be better.

Any handicapper or serious Bills fan knows Trent struggled vs any 3-4 defense. IMO that should be the biggest improvement this year for the Off, simply that they will be prepared to face a 3-4. Word on the street was that the scout team D rarely ran the 3-4, and didn't start doing it until fewell took over as head coach IIRC. This little change alone should account for a couple of extra wins this season. I predict 8 wins. If our D plays as dominantly as they can, maybe a 9 win season. As Trent goes, the team goes. In Gailey I trust.

For what its worth, last time Edwards played Miami last October, he was sacked 6 times, and threw 3 picks, talk about not being able to pick apart the defense.

Doubt it. I think ifthe offense improvs its due to 3 hings:

1 Better coaching

2 Healthy O-Line

3 CJ Spiller

Well we all know it can't get worse, and based on preseason they looked more like an engine that just had an oil change and tune up. However we have to be level headed here, no one really knows what will happen once teams start game planning us. We can say this or say that but until the helmets start flying who really knows..! Yes Trent should be better, Yes the run game should be our bread and butter, and yes the play calling and overall offense should be better, We ALL know this, because we all follow the Bills year round and read every article this is under the sky...Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the offense can move the ball and score points, and the defense can pick off some passes and keep the run game some what under control...

I predict the Bills finish between 8-8 and 10-6 just for the record...!

I don't know if practicing against the 3-4 is the biggest reason, but it can't hurt. I think as other posters have already noted the obvious reasons, this is another reason I hadn't thought of. He has struggled against 3-4 defenses. Remember Peyton Manning did for a while also. I'm not saying Trent is ever reaching that level I am saying it appears to give opposing offenses some problems.

The Bills offense HAS improved. The outstanding matter is merely the question of how much.

The cynics still refute that the new coaching staff, new game planning strategy, new offense, new formations, new playbook, better use of existing talent (Parrish), addition of spiller vs. loss of TO, experience for 3 young linemen who are now healthy, availablity of lynch to start the season, Stability of OC going into season, tougher practices and training camp are all pieces of significant collective improvement beyond what was there last year.

But...

No one can compare last preseason to this preseason and say that this offensive team right now, today, is not better than the unit that was ready to take the field one year ago. Anyone who feels they can make that argument is blinded by their own negativity.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Biggest Reason our Offense will improve

-It can't get any worse can it? It almost has to improve if not for the fact, we haven't had all of the injuries on the O-Line (fingers crossed).

+ 1

Also, having an O.C. that has actually called a few games in the NFL might help?