I'm glad we didn't hire Mike Shanahan

major

Mike Shanahan simply brought in over-priced veterans into Washington, made his son the OC, and has been involved in a much too publicized exchange with Albert Haynesworth. All that to say, I'm glad we didn't bring him to the B-LO. His veterans won't last the year healthy- see Larry Johnson, nepotism will kill him if the offense doesn't click- never hire someone you can't fire, and the Haynesworth drama has already made Shanahan look like a poor leader. All that being said, I'm glad we hired Gailey.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Shanahan simply brought in over-priced veterans into Washington, made his son the OC, and has been involved in a much too publicized exchange with Albert Haynesworth. All that to say, I'm glad we didn't bring him to the B-LO. His veterans won't last the year healthy- see Larry Johnson, nepotism will kill him if the offense doesn't click- never hire someone you can't fire, and the Haynesworth drama has already made Shanahan look like a poor leader. All that being said, I'm glad we hired Gailey.

Let's revisit this post after the season..

There is no comparison between Shanahan and Gailey. Shanahan is better in all counts and has the record to prove it. Shanahan inheritated a mess in DC, as did Gailey here. My guess is Shanahan will turn his mess around before Gailey is able to do so. I could be wrong on this, but I'm not.

(This one time, I wish I was wrong. LOL.)

Oh, and for the record, I would take Shanahan over Gailey in a NY minute.

Let's revisit this post after the season..

Okay by me. B-)

Sorry most of the personnel brought in (Haynesworth) were done prior to Shanahan. I will say though that the situation with Big Al was handled poorly.

Sounds like your just hating on Shanahan which is your right. I do believe he is slightly overrated. Nevertheless he's a solid, experienced, and proven NFL coach. A super bowl winner too. I think Mr. Elway had a lot to do with that. I would have loved to have him here in Buffalo. I would find it quite hard to believe that most of us wouldn't share a similar vantage point. I am sure a few of you will tell me otherwise. The rest of your post and pretty much opinion based without any real facts to back them up. Of course there will be injuries and who knows about his son as a OC. Maybe he will be awesome for years to come.

With all that said it does appear that Gailey has things going in the right direction. However, I still contend that the Bills should have addressed the OL and QB positions.

There is no comparison between Shanahan and Gailey. Shanahan is better in all counts and has the record to prove it. Shanahan inheritated a mess in DC, as did Gailey here. My guess is Shanahan will turn his mess around before Gailey is able to do so. I could be wrong on this, but I'm not.

Okay by me. B-)

Bull. The comparison is invalid as Shanahan has been a HC much longer than Gailey. Also, what was Shanahan in Denver without John Elway? I'll take my chances with Gailey.

Shanahan is one of the best coaches ever! He knows how to win. He's one 2 Super Bowls. Leave Shanahan alone. I def wish he was our coach.

I'm not saying Shanahan isn't a good coach, but some guy named Elway might have had something to do with those Superbowls. After Elway retired Shanahan had some good teams and some average teams. He was 500 his last three years in Denver (7-9, 9-7, 8-8). Maybe he needed a change of scenery to recharge his batteries -- or maybe he needs to find another Elway.

Whether Shanahan is head and shoulders above Gailey is something we won't be able to figure out for some time, however.

I'm content with Gailey -- but time will tell.

Sounds like your just hating on Shanahan which is your right. I do believe he is slightly overrated. Nevertheless he's a solid, experienced, and proven NFL coach. A super bowl winner too. I think Mr. Elway had a lot to do with that. I would have loved to have him here in Buffalo. I would find it quite hard to believe that most of us wouldn't share a similar vantage point. I am sure a few of you will tell me otherwise. The rest of your post and pretty much opinion based without any real facts to back them up. Of course there will be injuries and who knows about his son as a OC. Maybe he will be awesome for years to come.

With all that said it does appear that Gailey has things going in the right direction. However, I still contend that the Bills should have addressed the OL and QB positions.

I totally concur with your sentiments above - particularly the last sentence. Outstanding post. Thank you. :thumbsup:

I love it. That reminds me of someone from Bermuda telling me that it was Bermeautiful (if that is the way you spell it) in Bermuda.

Day by Day....Oh Lord Things things I pray...Let's just go day by day. That being said, today has been CHAN-TASTIC!!!

Okay by me. B-)

Don't steal my lines, guy. Of course, I stole that one from the Eagles (band). LOL. "Victim of Love".

Bull. The comparison is invalid as Shanahan has been a HC much longer than Gailey. Also, what was Shanahan in Denver without John Elway? I'll take my chances with Gailey.

LOL. Why do you suppose he was a HC much longer than Gailey? Hmmm??? Answer - because he won. Simple as that. Gailey did not win, hence his HC resume is quite thin. Can Gailey somehow miraculously morph into the next Levy? Perhaps.

Using your logic, Marv Levy was nothing without Jim Kelly. Give me a fricken break.

Again, I'd take the proven Shanahan over Gailey in a NY minute.

LOL. Why do you suppose he was a HC much longer than Gailey? Hmmm??? Answer - because he won. Simple as that. Gailey did not win, hence his HC resume is quite thin. Can Gailey somehow miraculously morph into the next Levy? Perhaps.

Using your logic, Marv Levy was nothing without Jim Kelly. Give me a fricken break.

Again, I'd take the proven Shanahan over Gailey in a NY minute.

Gailey MADE THE PLAYOFFS in both his years in Dallas with an aging team. Gailey's no Jimmy Johnson or Barry Switzer, but he's a good coach.

Well, had Shanny come to Buffalo he probably wouldn't be bringing in all those over-priced veterans. That really isn't the way Ralph likes it and it's hard to get some of those guys to come to Buffalo. So that's probably one reason Shanny isn't here.

But if he did come, and was GM/HC, I think the Bill may have had a better shot at getting SOME FAs, something they have a hard time with, now.

Yes he handled the Haynesworth thing poorly, IMO. But that wouldn't have been an issue here. But that aside, Shanny is a terrific NFL coach with a proven track record. I wouldn't have minded that, at all. It may have signaled a different direction for the future of Buffalo football. But, since we couldn't get Shanny or Cowher, I'm glad we got Chan. He's the kind of guy who can do more with less...which is the way things are with the Buffalo Bills.

Gailey MADE THE PLAYOFFS in both his years in Dallas with an aging team. Gailey's no Jimmy Johnson or Barry Switzer, but he's a good coach.

I understand this ace, but that was many moons ago. LOL. Look, we all are hoping Gailey is a huge success, my point is that his resume is nowhere close to Shanahan's. This is beyond dispute unless one is just plain silly.

Well, had Shanny come to Buffalo he probably wouldn't be bringing in all those over-priced veterans. That really isn't the way Ralph likes it and it's hard to get some of those guys to come to Buffalo. So that's probably one reason Shanny isn't here.

But if he did come, and was GM/HC, I think the Bill may have had a better shot at getting SOME FAs, something they have a hard time with, now.

Yes he handled the Haynesworth thing poorly, IMO. But that wouldn't have been an issue here. But that aside, Shanny is a terrific NFL coach with a proven track record. I wouldn't have minded that, at all. It may have signaled a different direction for the future of Buffalo football. But, since we couldn't get Shanny or Cowher, I'm glad we got Chan. He's the kind of guy who can do more with less...which is the way things are with the Buffalo Bills.

Solid logic. Although, I personally liked the way he handled Haynesworth - the big guy has to step up and do his part just like everyone else. Prima donnas need not apply. LOL.