Jake Long watch

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I didn't get the Promo reference in this thread, either.

Read his posts. If you don't love everything the Bills do and hate each and every sports writer/broadcaster, you will be the victim of sarcasm if not scorn.

My point was that he is the "other" extreme from the ridiculous response to KTFBD's post. And btw, this is sudden. I think he was always a good poster and have enjoyed talking football with him for more than a decade.

You actually defending this no talent waste of space? A no talent, one trick pony whiner that btches about money before he even sees the field and can't back it up. Sorry if I don't get excited about that.

this makes me giggle... he's saying enough is enough on maybin and i couldnt agree more... should maybin have been drafted 1? no ... but he was and now the 22 year old is doing everything he can to get on the field... so stfu already and get some xp before being the millionth person to make a maybin sux comment

Doesn't really matter since we have no pass rush threats anyways. This may be an even bigger weakness than our OT situation. Stay tuned...........

Miami has no pass rush threats either. They had just 4 sacks in pre-season, which was worse than the Bills' 6. Miami's further problem is their secondary is horrible.

BTW, Jeff Ireland now is in full control of the Dols. Parcells is now a daily consultant.

No matter how good your team is, if it's a SB contender and or oozing with talent, you always take into account injuries your opponents have. You never under estimate an opponent no matter how much weaker they are. You always keep an eye on their injuries to take the biggest advantage of it possible. Any team that doesn't do this will eventually let their guard down and get bitten in the ass.

From: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/09/08/miami-dolphins-notes-jake-long-returns-clifton-smith-signs-bill-parcells-watches-practice/

A few Miami Dolphins notes to jump-start your Wednesday:

* Breathe easy, Dolfans — offensive tackle Jake Long (left knee) returned to practice Wednesday after missing sitting out Monday. The media is not allowed to watch the team portions of practice, so it is unknown how fully Long will participate today, but Richie Incognito said on 790-AM radio yesterday that Long will play against Buffalo.

* The Dolphins officially signed former Pro Bowl kickoff returner Clifton Smith, which we first told you about yesterday. Smith, 25, chose the Dolphins over the Packers after being cut by the Bucs over the weekend.

Smith, entering his third season out of Fresno State, was placed on injured reserve last December after suffering his second concussion of the season. He missed the Bucs’ first two pre-season games last month because of knee pain related to gout.

When healthy, Smith has been one of the league’s best kick returners. He was an undrafted free agent in 2008 who didn’t make the Bucs’ final roster, but was placed on the practice squad and eventually earned a promotion. He played in nine games in 2008, and starred at kick returns, taking one 97 yards for a touchdown and earning a berth to the Pro Bowl. Last year his 29.1-yard average was the highest in the NFL among players with 20-plus returns.

To make room for Smith, the Dolphins waived offensive lineman Joe Reitz, who was just picked up this weekend.

* Bill Parcells, who took a step back from the Dolphins yesterday, hasn’t stepped back too far, yet. He was back in his usual spot at Wednesday’s practice, sitting right next to Jeff Ireland on the sidelines of the Dolphins’ practice bubble.

* LB Channing Crowder once again did not participate in practice.