4 to the practice squad

wil1226

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Bell not on the 53 man roster? He looked pretty good to me in the preseason..a total bruiser. Is it strictly because we didn't want 4 rbs? Or am I missing something?

Yes, I'd say it is strictly because we didn't want 4 rbs on our roster. They only think they'll need Bell this year if someone gets hurt, and they like Bell the 4th best of the available RBs, which is why they put him on the PS.

looks like one naked fat guy with a computer (not me) said someplace on the internet that bell was claimed by the bucs, people started repeating it, and now its accepted as fact

Yeah, that could be. A few different people said they saw it on WIVB news but that often means one guy mistook what was being said or is just making crap up, and a few other guys are lying that they saw it, too. No confirmation at all yet, so i'm figuring it may be another hoax.

According to Wikipedia the minimum practice squad salary is $5,200 per week for 17 weeks, or $88,400 per season compared to the NFL minimum rookie salary of $285,000. It's probably another reason they kept Nelson and Jones over Jackson and Hardy. All about the bottom line......

Edited by wil1226

Hit the nail on the head. It can't possibly be that they are still targeting and negotiating with players, or the fact that most teams take a few days to fill their PS rosters. No-sir-ee, you of all people on Planet Earth figured it out. They are trying to save $400K. Brilliant. I wanna pin a medal on you.

Agreed, except for the last line. I'd choose something other than a medal to pin on this guy. Not just 100% negative, but 100% unthinkingly negative.

There's nothing about Bell to the Bucs on Rotoworld.

They just reprint from other sources. It's certainly not official yet or it would be actual reported in a few different places. Allegedly Peck says he was told they offered Bell a spot on their active roster and he is headed to Tampa Bay right now, probably to sign. So until he signs it wouldn't be official. Still seems strange that none of the bigger reporters have said anything, and the Bucs already signed a RB earlier today.

They just reprint from other sources. It's certainly not official yet or it would be actual reported in a few different places. Allegedly Peck says he was told they offered Bell a spot on their active roster and he is headed to Tampa Bay right now, probably to sign. So until he signs it wouldn't be official. Still seems strange that none of the bigger reporters have said anything, and the Bucs already signed a RB earlier today.

It doesn't sound like it...

http://twitter.com/BellShow:

aye bruh i feel u...stay positive...something will jump off 4 ya @LeviBrown10

3 minutes ago via web .

-----------

goodnite world...J5 out...

5 minutes ago via web .

-----------

Just went grocery shoppn..lol yea me goin grocery shoppn..I don't kno wut I'm doin I just got sweet baby rays bbq, ranch and ketchup..lol

about 5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®