Houshmanzadeh to be cut

Chilly

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5529209

Wonder how much he'd cost.

I think your answer is in the article

His Seahawks contract includes offset language that makes Seattle liable to pay Houshmanzadeh whatever his new team doesn't.

So if Houshmanzadeh were to sign a veteran minimum deal of $850,000, the Seahawks would be liable for the remaining $6.15 million balance.

I would be interested in him, if I were the Bills...then again, I am not the Bills. He was really a fine receiver in Cincinnati...the inevitable comments to follow, that he is "over the hill" are going to be made by people who don't realize what a bad situation Houshmanzadeh was in, last year, with the Seahawks. To me, he is the poor man's Anquan Boldin. The Bills are a poor man...someone of his abilities could really help to stabilize the Bills passing game. More so than Terrell Owens did last year.

Agreed, Buftex. I'd love to see a 2 or 3-year deal with him, and let the young guys develop behind him (and hopefully pass him in a year or two). He's a possession receiver, so even once he starts to decline, he'll be useful in a more limited role.

Edited by BlueFire

The Bills won't go after him. They apperantly feel who they have is better than anyone else in the NFL.

Yep! There's a flashing sign of Great Upper management on this Team. Def makes you feel like a contender... :thumbdown:

Edited by mattsox

The Bills won't go after him. They apperantly feel who they have is better than anyone else in the NFL.

You need two hands to clap. Why would Hous want to play in Buffalo, when he could be catching for Brett Favre or Donovan McNabb. Look for the Redskins to deal for them. Their WRs are terrible at this point of time.

And former Lions' bust Mike Williams is going to replace him as a starter?? Wow.

Right?

Thats the most amazing thing about that article IMO, that Mike Williams had his career six feet under and was a mere footnote in NFL history until this offseason. Crazy.

By the way, props to you for the Crow avatar. You know you love him.

The end of the article suggests they're going to sign Patrick Ramsey as well and will be cutting a quarterback. I wonder if that means JP Losman will be cut as well.

How fitting it would be for Patrick Ramsey to replace Losman as Seattle's third QB.

Thus, pushing Losman out of the NFL.