Marshawn Lynch - could he get cut?

SouthernMan

Just watched Marshawn's 1st quarter performance from Detroit game. Just more of the same crap that put him behind Freddie on the depth chart.

He is not a good running back. Let me repeat.....NOT A GOOD RUNNING BACK. No vision, terrible change of direction ability, rarely breaks a tackle.

Seriously folks....if you didn't know who he was, or that he was a 1st rounder, would you want that player seen last night on your team?

If he were only a FA signee, would you for a second think he could make the team?

I just wonder if there's any chance he might be cut. I know it sounds out of the question, but why? I think they'd trade him if any team would offer up something as much as a 4th round pick, because that may be about all he's worth. Probably less.

Edited by DML2005

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Marshawn's 1st quarter performance from Detroit game. Just more of the same crap that put him behind Freddie on the depth chart.

He is not a good running back. Let me repeat.....NOT A GOOD RUNNING BACK. No vision, terrible change of direction ability, rarely breaks a tackle.

Seriously folks....if you didn't know who he was, or that he was a 1st rounder, would you want that player seen last night on your team?

If he were only a FA signee, would you for a second think he could make the team?

I just wonder if there's any chance he might be cut. I know it sounds out of the question, but why? I think they'd trade him if any team would offer up something as much as a 4th round pick, because that may be about all he's worth. Probably less.

Coming off an ankle injury, playing in his 2nd preseason game and 1st in three weeks and he wasn't sharp. Duh!

I'd love to see him traded too. Get what we can, but if the Bills can't get better than a 4th rounder for him, why make the trade? He is a decent RB. The 3rd best on the Bills right now, but injuries do happen (see preseason game 1) and I'd rather have Marshawn Lynch who is getting back up to speed, running the ball, rather than Bell or Simpson. Bell's stock took a hit against the Lions. I'm not sure he'll make the cut now.

It is preseason, he is coming off an injury, he has be practicing for only 3 days before the game, and line was getting swallowed up. I do not think cutting him likely or a wise move. He will turn on the "beast mode" again and carries 6 tackles to the end-zone and will get a similar thread after week one talking about cutting Fred.

Go Bills! Time to squish some fish.

Not a chance, with all the injuries to running backs last night around the league, there has to be a market for him if the Bills want rid of him, which up to now they have'nt indicated to be the case.

Edited by dewey

He hasn't looked good but he has been hurt so if he was healthy I could see this happening also beyond his draft status his play in the past has shown me enough that if he had a bad camp he would still be worth keeping around. All in all Lynch needs to show what he can do healthy before I think about writing him off.