Give me your take on Brian Brohm #4

What you all said and I think Trent #1 Fitz #2 Brohm #3 and yea Brown PS (although I didn't get to see his part of the game last night). Drohm didn't change my opinion about him last night he looked ok on a bad team, so did Fitz and at times Trent in the past. They have more experience though so they stay where they are in the pecking.

I can understand Brohm's frustrations w/ the 2nd and 3rd stringers but what can you do? Chan did what a coach has to and that is the way it went. He has to give the #1 reps with the #1s and evaluate the 2s and 3s with the others. The other teams are doing the same so the playing field does have some levelness. The line and wrs we have beyond the 1s looked really questionable last night.

So, we are a team with little depth, I mean if you watched Meredith playing w/ the 1s last night you have to worry. They are young and barring bad injuries again (plz god), they will start to learn and pick up towards the mid season.

I trust Chan to make decisions that make sense (and man that is a nice feeling after preseason for a change). If he is as good a coach as he has been showing up to now they might even do good early.

In general I have an ok feeling about the season, they seem to be moving in the right direction. Brohm will stay IMO, but they could go 0/16 too. Because my opinion is just that.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ball looked under thrown to me, I don't know, maybe I'm being to critical. Given Evans size(I know he's a play maker),its just not the kind of throw I would advise.

I am however one of TE's biggest fans

I agree that was an ugly underthrown ball, when I saw that leave his hands I was cringing. The bright side is that Trent is taking chances and trusting his receivers. After Trent watches the tape and sees the great play Lee made to come away with the ball it will all but give him more confidence to do that more often.

I felt bad for Brohm because he played hard. He even ran down field to throw a block. Unfortunately he didn't get much help from his teammates. Too many dropped passes, receivers running the wrong routes and horrible play from the offensive line has most likely cost him a roster spot. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else.

He got little to no help from his teammates, that's for sure. I believe he played much better than his stats for this game show. When he wasn't running for his life and had time to through, he seemed to be reading the defense well and making good decisions on where to throw the ball. The coaching staff will take into consideration the poor play by the receivers and o-line. They will be looking at his decision making,leadership, how well he read the defense, etc.. I don't know if he'll make the roster or not but I still believe it's a toss up between Brohm and Fitz for the #2 spot.

What you all said and I think Trent #1 Fitz #2 Brohm #3 and yea Brown PS (although I didn't get to see his part of the game last night). Drohm didn't change my opinion about him last night he looked ok on a bad team, so did Fitz and at times Trent in the past. They have more experience though so they stay where they are in the pecking.

I can understand Brohm's frustrations w/ the 2nd and 3rd stringers but what can you do? Chan did what a coach has to and that is the way it went. He has to give the #1 reps with the #1s and evaluate the 2s and 3s with the others. The other teams are doing the same so the playing field does have some levelness. The line and wrs we have beyond the 1s looked really questionable last night.

So, we are a team with little depth, I mean if you watched Meredith playing w/ the 1s last night you have to worry. They are young and barring bad injuries again (plz god), they will start to learn and pick up towards the mid season.

I trust Chan to make decisions that make sense (and man that is a nice feeling after preseason for a change). If he is as good a coach as he has been showing up to now they might even do good early.

In general I have an ok feeling about the season, they seem to be moving in the right direction. Brohm will stay IMO, but they could go 0/16 too. Because my opinion is just that.

Here is my opinion, Brohm was claimed by Buddy Nix and hardly played last season. The reported problem was confidence. Buddy has more patience then most. I believe he made the roster before the season even started!

Dog, I swear to you I still don't think he made that mistake.

I truly think he is covering up for his receiver running the wrong route, and if that is the case that shows some damn fine leadership in putting it on his own shoulders.

It looked to me like Naaman Roosevelt ran an in route and Levi expected him to do the out.

I agree that Fitz and Brohm are pretty even. Personally I'd put Brohm ahead but I think the coaches have it the other way around because Fitz has been around the league longer and can basically be the QB coach for Levi and Trent.

I give him a passing grade. Nothing great but his passes were for the most part on the money, scrambled better then I though, did a nice job reading the defense.

I did count 3 times when the receiver ran the wrong route or just plain fell down.

Grade C+ :flirt:

I think it is hard to evaluate him when he was running for his life back there. The line did him no favors, C

Edwards A- B+

Fitz B-

I truly think he is covering up for his receiver running the wrong route, and if that is the case that shows some damn fine leadership in putting it on his own shoulders.

And a good reason to cut Hardy,

EDIT>I thought it was Hardy I looked at it 5 times but on the net it is really hard to tell :blush: If it was Roosy then......well, cut Hardy, I really want NR to make the team :ph34r:

Edited by bowery4

There's a reason GB let him go for nothing. He's a career backup with very little upside. I would like to keep him though because he's cheap and he has a good knowledge of the passing game (under Patrino and Gaily). He might be a good mentor once The Bills draft their QB of the future.

I'm no huge Brohm fan, he looks adequate to me but this "the Packers gave him away" nonsense isn't true. He was placed on practice squad by the Pack and had to go through waivers where he was claimed by Buffalo. GB matched the Bills offer but Brohm chose to come to Buffalo because he felt he had a better chance of being a starter here.

There's a reason GB let him go for nothing. He's a career backup with very little upside. I would like to keep him though because he's cheap and he has a good knowledge of the passing game (under Patrino and Gaily). He might be a good mentor once The Bills draft their QB of the future.

He was a top talent prospect. GB offered him a new deal to stay but he picked Buffalo.

Why draft, you may already have the guy! :flirt:

I'm no huge Brohm fan, he looks adequate to me but this "the Packers gave him away" nonsense isn't true. He was placed on practice squad by the Pack and had to go through waivers where he was claimed by Buffalo. GB matched the Bills offer but Brohm chose to come to Buffalo because he felt he had a better chance of being a starter here.

What did GB get in return for their 2nd round pick? Nothing! A team that places any value in a player, especially a QB, does not leave him susceptable to being picked up for nothing. Because they matched his 300K salary? How about that they didn't have a 3rd QB on the roster who knew the system and didn't want to bring in another guy midseason who has to learn the offense. They saw nothing in him bottom line. The Packers know QB's and they were willing to let another team take without anything in return....and now we see why.

Edited by John Cocktosten

What did GB get in return for their 2nd round pick? Nothing! A team that places any value in a player, especially a QB, does not leave him susceptable to being picked up for nothing. Because they matched his 300K salary? How about that they didn't have a 3rd QB on the roster who knew the system and didn't want to bring in another guy midseason who has to learn the offense. They saw nothing in him bottom line. The Packers know QB's and they were willing to let another team take without anything in return....and now we see why.

Are we NOW trusting GB judgement? You think they don't screw up?

This guy is still a young man, they don't all make it in the NFL in 2 years.

How about trusting Buddy Nix's judgement, he grabed him pretty quick.

Edited by Another Point of View

I am with you Buddy! :thumbsup:

[/quote

I think in the end the 3 QB's on the Bills will be Edwards, Brohm and Brown... Fitz will be traded or cut... They will not go with 2 of the last regimes QB's they need to change culture and Fitz is off man out.. Brohm while he was picked late off Green Bay Practice Squad Last year, Maybe Buddy Nix had his hand in that a bit, So I think it will be Edwards, Brohm and Brown

I'm still not a big fan of TE. His preseason #'s were very good but he had a lot of time to throw and im not sold on his mechanics nor arm strength. As far as Brohm, tough to tell since he's never really had a chance to run with the 1st team O. (realize he had 1 start last year) IMHO, Brohm's mechanics and arm strength look much better than TE. Fitz... NO THANK-YOU!

I felt bad for Brohm because he played hard. He even ran down field to throw a block. Unfortunately he didn't get much help from his teammates. Too many dropped passes, receivers running the wrong routes and horrible play from the offensive line has most likely cost him a roster spot. Hopefully he'll catch on somewhere else.

I can't disagree more with the bolded statement. One thing the coaches do, unlike many of the fans who just review stats, is evaluate with their own eyes and look at films carefully in player evaluation. If a WR causes an incompletion, they are not going to hold it against the QB in their evaluation. Same thing goes for horrible OL play. The Brohm interception on the stat page looks bad, in reality, it was all on the receiver & the coaches know that. Brohm is 50-50 to make it, but the evaluation will come after a careful review of how HE has played in practice & games and not how his teamates have failed him.

He has had a GOLDEN opportunity this year, with a new regime and crappy returning QBs for his competition. I think if he was really had any potential, he would taken charge and won the job outright. That being said, I don't really care if he stays or goes, this year looks to be a wash.

Gailey said that "Levi made a couple of horrendous throws." Plural. And he emphasized the word horrendous. One of them had to be that particular play. It was a 10-14 point swing. The announcers said it was high and wide. Levi said it was really bad. Take it to the bank he just missed the pass.

I wasn't particularly happy with Brohm or the whole teams performance for that matter, TE played O.K. I suppose, but the long ball to Evans could have went either way and just as easily INT.

But that's the throw Trent has to make if he is going to be decent in the NFL. BALL UP and make the throw. Trust the WR to make the play.

There was no game thread, so I must have missed all the Evans bashers saying Lee doesn't help the QB out and doesn't fight for the ball. :rolleyes: