Best Special Teamer Ever = Worst Announcer Ever

eschej13

I'm glad the preseason is over just so that I don't have to listen to Steve Tasker anymore. The guy was a great player and I respect his contributions as he was maybe my favorite player from the 1990s Bills teams. He might be the worst announcer in LEAGUE HISTORY!

He makes mistakes on down and distance, calls players by the wrong name, his analysis is flat-out incorrect at times, its endless. Travis Brown hasn't played for the Bills in 6 years. Kevin Hardy used to be an outside linebacker in jacksonville, not a wide receiver in Buffalo. At one point tonight, I actually asked my wife if she thinks he's drunk. Darby the Dinosaur isn't any better. How does a former player in the 3-4 defense not know basic terminology of the system? He called Poz the "Mike" middle linebacker in the 3-4 tonight. I thought they were the same! WTF!

Why do they have to get some guy to tell me what I am watching just because he used to play? I would rather be entertained by somebody who knows the basics but can articulate himself and not make mistakes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes mistakes on down and distance, calls players by the wrong name, his analysis is flat-out incorrect at times, its endless.

He is usually wrong. Whatever he says, it is usually wrong.

Too bad. He was a great Bill.

One of the announcers sounded like a young Paul McGuire to me. It's not Tasker is it? Didn't catch the name of the other announcer.

The other announcer is Kelso, I think. He's good.

Thanks Dean

I saw the worst blunder on live TV ever about 10 years ago by a rookie announcer covering sprints. I can't find a link for it but wow i felt for the guy.

Anyway, found this. This is also a bit painful to watch. This guy is making his case for one of the worst announcers. He was probably new and nervous as hellz. But wow :0

Thanks Dean

I saw the worst blunder on live TV ever about 10 years ago by a rookie announcer covering sprints. I can't find a link for it but wow i felt for the guy.

Anyway, found this. This is also a bit painful to watch. This guy is making his case for one of the worst announcers. He was probably new and nervous as hellz. But wow :0

youtube.com/watch?v=flih6x1NKmM

:lol:

What language was that guy speaking?

:lol:

What language was that guy speaking?

Haha I don't know. I have a buddy who I work with who moved from England. He's fairly adept at most of the English accents. I'll have to run this by him. Well I'm also assuming this announcer is from England. I had to listen to this vid Several times to make out 1/3 of what he was saying. But calling the head announcer all those wrong names was a boo boo :doh:

Ok sorry guys just one more. I couldn't help it. This one is just too good to pass up

Didn't mean to take over your thread eschej13. I hope you guys get a good laugh out of this one that I did. Poor Emmit.

Edited by Pilsner

The TV announcers this preseason was Steve Tasker and Ray Bentley. I was thinking something similar from last weeks' broadcast- Bentley really has a classic announcer's voice. If he can ever figure out what down it is, he could go places in that business.

Even better if he would wear that Alice Cooper eye-black in the booth sometime.

Edited by bobblehead

The TV announcers this preseason was Steve Tasker and Ray Bentley. I was thinking something similar from last weeks' broadcast- Bentley really has a classic announcer's voice. If he can ever figure out what down it is, he could go places in that business.

Even better if he would wear that Alice Cooper eye-black in the booth sometime.

Thanks for the correction. I even saw a post about it earlier. :doh:

To tell the truth, the audio was pretty bad on my feed and the radio audio was WAY out of sync (by more than a minute I think) with the video, so I didn't really get the full experience. I know the head referee (with the microphone) sounded a little like Mitch Hedberg (RIP) on my feed.

I remember thinking Kelso did a good job as an announcer, though

To tell the truth I kind of enjoyed listening to Steve Tasker and Ray Bentley these last two weeks. I guess my ears have been completely numbed by 27 years of listening to local announcers for the games played by the Washington football club with the racist nickname. These guys (Sonny Jurgenson and Sam Huff) are the worst in the world. My only question about them is do they spit or swallow.

To tell the truth I kind of enjoyed listening to Steve Tasker and Ray Bentley these last two weeks. I guess my ears have been completely numbed by 27 years of listening to local announcers for the games played by the Washington football club with the racist nickname. These guys (Sonny Jurgenson and Sam Huff) are the worst in the world. My only question about them is do they spit or swallow.

I think most (if not all) local preseason announcing teams are asswipe homers.

I think most (if not all) local preseason announcing teams are asswipe homers.

No, Sonny and Sam are regular-season announcers, although I've usually heard them on the radio in my car. I try to avoid local team broadcasts like the plague. The level of homerism in Washington DC is both alarming and depressing.

idk what kinda drugs you guys are on but i think steve tasker is a very good announcer! At least we know he is gonna talk about the bills because he is a bills fan so we dont gotta here some bs aboout some other team we dont care about like some other announcers. And if he sucks so much then why was he chosen to be a sideline reporter at the superbowl this year? Stop hating!!! And for those who are happy that preseason is over so that they dont gotta hear him no more he did a bunch of bills games last year so chances are its gonna be the same this year and im glad :)

Tasker is a CBS announcer, albeit on the relatively low end of the totem pole. Preseason games are more difficult for announcers, because there are so many more players to correctly name "on the fly". When you factor in that the Bills are probably paying him a pretty modest salary compared to what he gets from CBS, it's not like he's expected to spend hours trying to memorize the roster before the game. IMO he does a decent job given the circumstances.

IIRC Bentley used to do college play-by-play for some network, can't remember which one.

I'm glad the preseason is over just so that I don't have to listen to Steve Tasker anymore. The guy was a great player and I respect his contributions as he was maybe my favorite player from the 1990s Bills teams. He might be the worst announcer in LEAGUE HISTORY!

He makes mistakes on down and distance, calls players by the wrong name, his analysis is flat-out incorrect at times, its endless. Travis Brown hasn't played for the Bills in 6 years. Kevin Hardy used to be an outside linebacker in jacksonville, not a wide receiver in Buffalo. At one point tonight, I actually asked my wife if she thinks he's drunk. Darby the Dinosaur isn't any better. How does a former player in the 3-4 defense not know basic terminology of the system? He called Poz the "Mike" middle linebacker in the 3-4 tonight. I thought they were the same! WTF!

Why do they have to get some guy to tell me what I am watching just because he used to play? I would rather be entertained by somebody who knows the basics but can articulate himself and not make mistakes.

:worthy:

At one point I yelled to to Tasker out loud: "Would you stop calling him Travis freakin' Brown already?" But the funniest Tasker-ism was one most young fans watching would not have even gotten. He and Bentley were babbling on about the possibility of an on-sides kick towards the end of the game, and Tasker mentioned how Bud Wilkinson of the Vikings would try them in the preseason all the time. That's funny, I always thought Wilkinson was a great college coach from Oklahoma, and Bud Grant was the long-time Vikings coach? But all those "Bud's" looked alike anyway, right?