The Bills Should Trade for Giants Backup Rhett Bomar***

Dr. Zaius

I've been watching Bomar on the NFL channel vs. the Patriots. Midway through the third quarter he's 6 for 12 for 73 yards and 3 points. It's possible he's having an off night, but based on these stats, I'd be hard-pressed to call him an upgrade.

He also appears to throw sidearm. In a world of 6'5" behemoths on the defensive line, I'd be concerned about that if I were his coach. As for trading for him? No way would I give up a warm body or a draft choice. If he's available in the off-season, it might be worth taking a flyer on the guy, signing him for the minimum and seeing what he does in training camp.

LOL. Do you really form opinions on potential QBs based on one meaningless half of a preseason game???????!!! No doubt you believe that Trent Edwards, an all pro in preseason (while a complete bust when the games count), is a future HOFer. LOL.

Nope, and beware of new members with names of country and western singers. Kind of a multiposter/personality deal going on with this guy.

Not sure the reason for your personal attack, but I am certain that it is against forum rules. Button it please.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a regular poster here, but as an Oklahoma fan I thought I'd share a few thoughts on Bomar.

I saw all his games his freshman year at Oklahoma. While it's fair to say he was raw and probably wasn't ready to take over the team, he never showed he was the No.4 prospect in the country, either. He was fast and could run, but he was a 50 percent passer most of the year. He was a complete numbskull at protecting the ball--he fumbled four times at UCLA, for instance--and was so bad early in the season, Stoops didn't dare let him throw a ball in the entire second half of his second game against a patsy Tulsa team.

The big knock on Bomar as the year wore on was that he wasn't all that committed to the film room or listening to instruction. Stoops had to turn off the aerial circus that year because Bomar, otherwise, would have thrown away several more games (he almost lost to Baylor in OT, at Norman). Bomar was such a disappointment not because he got booted off the team, but because the guy wasted all the blue-chip talent he had around him: Adrian Petersen, Malcolm Kelly, Manuel Johnson and Juaqin Iglesias.

His last game was a perfect ending to his career as a Sooner: while running out the clock on Oregon in the Holiday Bowl, Bomar got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by spiking the ball after the kneel-down. OU had to hike it one more time from their half-yard line. Stoops was so pissed he almost made Bomar walk home to Norman.

So you're saying that he had a rough time as a Freshman. OK.

Maybe Stoops didn't make him walk home to Norman because he was the MVP of that Holiday Bowl game...

jealous of what, exactly?

Nuthin man, just trying to yank your chain a little since we are obviously college rivals from the looks of our avatars. I'm actually not your typical rabid OU fan, nor am I very good at smack talk, so don't feel like I was attacking you. I pull for all my home teams, and will even root for the Longhorns, so long as their not playing us. And I will root for anyone playing any Florida/California teams!!!

Regarding the OP, Bomar looked pretty bad last night. We sure don't need him in Buffalo.

Edited by Buffalokie

I get it now, Dr Zaius is thebowmanbody and Merle is TheProphet, both banned from the main Bills forums. At least you learned to change to new names after getting banned from multiple forums for using multiple accounts to agree with yourself. But you still have all the same old habits that make you a dead giveaway.

I'm not a regular poster here, but as an Oklahoma fan I thought I'd share a few thoughts on Bomar.

I saw all his games his freshman year at Oklahoma. While it's fair to say he was raw and probably wasn't ready to take over the team, he never showed he was the No.4 prospect in the country, either. He was fast and could run, but he was a 50 percent passer most of the year. He was a complete numbskull at protecting the ball--he fumbled four times at UCLA, for instance--and was so bad early in the season, Stoops didn't dare let him throw a ball in the entire second half of his second game against a patsy Tulsa team.

The big knock on Bomar as the year wore on was that he wasn't all that committed to the film room or listening to instruction. Stoops had to turn off the aerial circus that year because Bomar, otherwise, would have thrown away several more games (he almost lost to Baylor in OT, at Norman). Bomar was such a disappointment not because he got booted off the team, but because the guy wasted all the blue-chip talent he had around him: Adrian Petersen, Malcolm Kelly, Manuel Johnson and Juaqin Iglesias.

His last game was a perfect ending to his career as a Sooner: while running out the clock on Oregon in the Holiday Bowl, Bomar got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by spiking the ball after the kneel-down. OU had to hike it one more time from their half-yard line. Stoops was so pissed he almost made Bomar walk home to Norman.

First, that's all I needed to hear.

Second, some of you guys are really going to have to come to grips with the fact that Edwards is playing some pretty good ball lately.

I am not trying to judge anybody, but come on, the guy hasn't been "OK" during the preseason he actually has been "pretty good" so lets see how he does this season, because if he doesn't work out this year, we know what we are doing in the draft next year.

So you're saying that he had a rough time as a Freshman. OK.

Maybe Stoops didn't make him walk home to Norman because he was the MVP of that Holiday Bowl game...

Just correcting some loony posts earlier claiming Bomar was a stud at OU, or would have been better than Bradford. Obviously not. (Bradford's second game as a redshirt frosh? He put 51 on the board against Miami).

Bomar WAS probably the greatest QB in the history of Sam Houston State...or so I heard. Here's the extent of his immortal SHS career available on Youtube:

As for the Holiday Bowl, he was chosen by absolute default (barely 200 yards passing, a TD and a pick). You're welcome to check for yourself how happy Stoops was at the end of that game.My link

Guys, the more you respond to TheProphet/thebowmanbody's threads, the more the thinks his crackpot ideas are valid, and you'll never get rid of him. Next thing you know he'll be preaching about Ricky Ray, and building a new stadium on the Niagara Falls. I'm surprised he hasn't suggested we trade for Bradford, since he literally made no less than 18 threads about getting him pre-draft.

LOL. Do you really form opinions on potential QBs based on one meaningless half of a preseason game???????!!! No doubt you believe that Trent Edwards, an all pro in preseason (while a complete bust when the games count), is a future HOFer. LOL.

Not sure the reason for your personal attack, but I am certain that it is against forum rules. Button it please.

Man, you're going to have to grow some bigger balls if you wanna hang on this site.

EastRoch, he would always preach about how its a personal attack and against the code of conduct whenever someone would imply his characters were the same person on the main Bills forums too.

I'm waiting for his famous "Fact." and telling people to "pound sand" or else they will "eat crow".

Our QBs are horrid and would not start on any other team in the NFL according to the outcome of a poll I ran on this board.

So no doubt every major sports writer out there should wait with breathless anticipation for the results of every Merle Haggard poll so that they have some inspiration for their next story? :blink:

So no doubt every major sports writer out there should wait with breathless anticipation for the results of every Merle Haggard poll so that they have some inspiration for their next story? :blink:

That would be sound advice to them. LOL. Make it a great day.

I get it now, Dr Zaius is thebowmanbody and Merle is TheProphet, both banned from the main Bills forums. At least you learned to change to new names after getting banned from multiple forums for using multiple accounts to agree with yourself. But you still have all the same old habits that make you a dead giveaway.

Huh??? Sorry guy, you are way out there on this one. I'm just here to talk ball. I'll leave the kooky conspiracy theories to you. Oh, BTW, welcome to my ignore list. LOL.

Edited by Merle Haggard

Just correcting some loony posts earlier claiming Bomar was a stud at OU, or would have been better than Bradford. Obviously not. (Bradford's second game as a redshirt frosh? He put 51 on the board against Miami).

Bomar WAS probably the greatest QB in the history of Sam Houston State...or so I heard. Here's the extent of his immortal SHS career available on Youtube:

As for the Holiday Bowl, he was chosen by absolute default (barely 200 yards passing, a TD and a pick). You're welcome to check for yourself how happy Stoops was at the end of that game.My link

Don't know who is comparing Bradford to Bowmar. Not me. Just think he will be a decent backup and that the Giants will likely keep him.

Stoops hasn't been happy at the end of a Bowl game for 10 years............

Nuthin man, just trying to yank your chain a little since we are obviously college rivals from the looks of our avatars. I'm actually not your typical rabid OU fan, nor am I very good at smack talk, so don't feel like I was attacking you. I pull for all my home teams, and will even root for the Longhorns, so long as their not playing us. And I will root for anyone playing any Florida/California teams!!!

Regarding the OP, Bomar looked pretty bad last night. We sure don't need him in Buffalo.

Doh! i was posting from my phone last night while waiting waiting for people to show up to watch college football, and avatars don't work on the mobile site!

Really??!! Huh, I could have sworn that OU's win last year over Stanford in the Sun Bowl would be classified as a "Bowl Game" win.

No, I'd have to agree it's been about 10 years. He, and OU fans, are not happy with Sun Bowl or Cotton

Bowl wins.

You and your doppleganger Dr. Zaius were talking up Bomar like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I thought I'd take a look at him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt -- I said he could have been having a bad day -- but based on his performance he did not look like the "upgrade."

On another note, I get the Merle Haggard/Okie from Muskogee/Rhett Bomar/Oklahoma connection, but I can't figure out how Dr. Zaius from the Planet of the Apes figures in the equation. Can you enlighten us?