Leinert Rumor Untrue - YAY

Coach55

Shefter reporting something not true? I find that hard to believe. dry.gif

PTR

Adam Schefter reported this morning on his twitter account that he is, in fact, a useless tool box. It's a big step for him. Admitting it is the hardest part. Now he can move past it.

Edited by tbonestake

Adam Schefter reported this morning on his twitter account that he is, in fact, a useless tool box. It's a big step for him. Admitting it is the hardest part. Now he can move past it.

Schefter getting a little catty

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Bills are adamant they are not trading for Matt Leinart, despite discussions they did have this summer with the Cardinals for the QB.

Schefter getting a little catty

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Bills are adamant they are not trading for Matt Leinart, despite discussions they did have this summer with the Cardinals for the QB.

Probably the same source he's citing now...Leinert's agent. No agenda there, no-sir-ee.

PTR

For whats it worth, the Bills haven't said it's not true, they just said that they haven't spoken to the cards about it. They could be talking about it internally, or speak to outside source about this guy. The Bills haven't denied that. I personally think it's a bad move if they bring this guy in. I just remember reading an article 2 or 3 days ago about how Trent is more confident. What would it do to his confidents if they bring in Lienart. If this guy was going to get it done it would have been with the cards.

Edited by clearwater cadet

For whats it worth, the Bills haven't said it's not true, they just sais that they haven't spoken to the cards about it. They could be talking about it internally, or speak to outside source about this guy. The Bills haven't denied that. I personally think it's a bad move if they bring this guy in. I just remember reading an article 2 or 3 days ago about how Trent is more confident. What would it do to his confidents if they bring in Lienart. If this guy was going to get it done it would have been with the cards.

AMEN! If he can't get it done in the PERFECT football weather of AZ, what would make anyone think he could even attempt to throw the ball effectively in the swirling winds and snow of a December/January game at the Ralph? This is ludicrous garbage that Schefter feels he has to report. Leinart :thumbdown:

AMEN! If he can't get it done in the PERFECT football weather of AZ, what would make anyone think he could even attempt to throw the ball effectively in the swirling winds and snow of a December/January game at the Ralph? This is ludicrous garbage that Schefter feels he has to report. Leinart :thumbdown:

Why do you blame Schefter for doing his job?

He does this for a living & he's pretty damn good at it.

Shefter reporting something not true? I find that hard to believe. <_<

PTR

Weren't you the one on the Sal's after hours show last night saying that a National Football Post report that Marcus Easley wasn't injured as bad as suspected should be taken lightly because it wasn't reported by someone the caliber of Adam Schefter? :P

Teasing, but really -- can't have it both ways.

So you say he does a good job because he reports on every single possible rumor? He is throwing darts at a board most of the time.

No, not true.

That would be Eklund on Hockeybuzz.com He truly throws anything on God's green earth out there as a rumor.

Schefter was well respected on NFL network and has continued the same at ESPN.

He's right way more than he's wrong...

No, not true.

That would be Eklund on Hockeybuzz.com He truly throws anything on God's green earth out there as a rumor.

Schefter was well respected on NFL network and has continued the same at ESPN.

He's right way more than he's wrong...

:unsure: you're avatar is disturbing and i lost my train of thought....

I think we'd have to ask ourselves, Why would the Bills be interested in Leinhart in the first place? Obviously I'm not a "football man" anywhere near the level of a Buddy Nix. But even at my level of insight, it's clear that Leinhart's no upgrade at all over the QBs the Bills currently have. In fact, to me he looks inferior to our QBs. So unless Nix and Gailey can see a potential for greatness in Leinhart that has escaped everyone else in the league (with the possible exception of Pete Carroll), then I cannot for a second imagine them making a trade at this late date. Can you?

Schefter continues down a perilous road for his career. Instead of reporting news, he's creating it and being *it*. That's great if you run your own blog, but it only takes a few major whiffs and a few calls from NFL front offices to get the networks and the NFL Network to start taking notice of your lack of credibility and increasing liability as "just another guy".

Schefter continues down a perilous road for his career. Instead of reporting news, he's creating it and being *it*. That's great if you run your own blog, but it only takes a few major whiffs and a few calls from NFL front offices to get the networks and the NFL Network to start taking notice of your lack of credibility and increasing liability as "just another guy".

+1

To take the other side....the possibility exists that the Bills did have a convo with the Cards earlier in the summer and they have since moved past the point of making a move on ANY QB...especially one with questionable talent like Leinart. Given the place that the Bills are currently, with a starting QB who has high confidence and has had some success in pre-season..it would seem natural that the Bills would want to squash any rumor of dissatisfaction, so they don't damage what they have already built up during the pre-season.

They don't really have anything to gain by having their name attached to Leinart, but could possibly lose something if their starting QB starts questioning his confidence and leadership that the staff has been trying to build up with him thus far.

Honestly, people. Schefter is a respected NFL reporter who has an excellent track record. He has two sources who say that "the Bills had ongoing discussions this summer regarding Leinart." He also apparently has a source that says that the Bills are interested in trading for Leinart right now, but it's not by itself a good enough source to merit printing that in an article.

Chris Brown works for the Bills and is obligated, at times, to serve as a corporate mouthpiece for them. Consider also that Brown cited no Bills source in his denial of the rumors, and the denial was posted on his blog, not as an article. This is about as weak a denial as you could possibly see.

Now, just because Schefter isn't the drooling boob that some posters are making him out to be, doesn't mean that we'll be trading for Leinart any time soon. Even the ESPN article that mentions us specifically states, "Buffalo is unlikely to make a trade for Leinart because the Bills are uncomfortable about bringing aboard the quarterback's contract, which carries a $2.485 million base salary this season and balloons to $7.36 million next season." Which makes perfect sense. Why would we trade for a guy who's stunk in preseason, has never particularly been good, and carries a high salary? Plus, given Leinart's crappy preseason, can anyone really say with confidence that he's actually an upgrade over Edwards?

It makes a lot of sense that the Bills would've discussed trading for Leinart extensively over the summer. It also makes sense that they'd be much less interested now, even if talks are still continuing in some form. But all of this head in the sand stuff, where they'd never even dream of thinking about even talking to the Cardinals about Leinart, I don't get it. I don't need to be a pro coach to know what I've seen in Edwards over the years. And I can't believe that the front office could be so sold on Edwards that they wouldn't explore options for an upgrade. I realize that 2 good preseason games has gotten a lot of people back on the Edwards bandwagon, but enough is enough. This is Trent Edwards, not Peyton Manning. Don't get so upset when it turns out that our team would prefer a better QB. That's actually a really encouraging sign. I don't want my team being complacent at the most important position in football.

Weren't you the one on the Sal's after hours show last night saying that a National Football Post report that Marcus Easley wasn't injured as bad as suspected should be taken lightly because it wasn't reported by someone the caliber of Adam Schefter? :P

Teasing, but really -- can't have it both ways.

Busted. :blush: My only excuse is when you are thinking for something to say you grab the first name you think of.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He works for ESPN, he's in the business of creating news. Typical Bristol pooftah he is.