Edwards eyes

bmur66

Guest dog14787

Anyone else notice that he is watching his reciever the whole time? I don't think I saw him try to look off a defender once during the Cincy game. Preseason is one thing but when it means something he will be picked off so easily.

Well I tell you what then, some of you folks must have great eye sight, more camera angles then I do,

or are just plain full of it.

So are you trying to tell me you don't think the Bengals starters are looking to pick off the football just because its preseason?

Edited by dog14787

Anyone else notice that he is watching his reciever the whole time? I don't think I saw him try to look off a defender once during the Cincy game. Preseason is one thing but when it means something he will be picked off so easily.

I haven't noticed him being locked onto one receiver. I believe he has played well this preseason. I am excited to see if he can be this effective in the regular season. Maybe with Chan, a new found confidence, and adequate OL play he can be a decent to an above average QB? Time will tell...

Well I tell you what then, some of you folks must have great eye sight, more camera angles then I do,

or are just plain full of it.

So are you trying to tell me you don't think the Bengals starters are looking to pick off the football just because its preseason?

Yes, I do have great eyesight and I have been told that I am full of it more than once. I am just saying every play that I was paying attention too he was locked on his reciever. Just sharing my observations

Edited by bmur66

I would disagree based on my observations of the game. You could tell on several plays that both he and Fitz were able to get through their reads. Most of the time is was right to left. Additionally, the increased use of play action held the defense on several plays just long enough for him to quickley hit his first read for decent gains several times. Also, in the screen game (yes we finally have a screen!) he actually looked off his intended target before completing the pass for the screen. When he was throwing over the middle it appeared he was looking straight ahead. Any over the middle passes to a slot receiver are difficult to read the QB's eyes as so much is going on.

The one thing that I did notice that when he had to roll out he did seem to look for and lock on to one target. My hope is he was looking for the reciever or TE tyo come back to the ball. But those were what I would consider high risk passes.

re-watch the roscoe TD buddy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzmm3lN2EUg start it at the 1:30 mark. Not to mention many other plays where he does.

Yea sometimes he locks on, sometimes all qbs do.

I think you're talking about the Parrish td. It wasn't that big of a deal because there was no one around him. If you have other examples, please let me know.

I have not noticed that ... it up to Chan to notice it and fix it, if true.

Maybe he is actually waiting for the play to develop before checking it down. In the past he was way too quick to throw to the release valve. It takes more than a second or two to go through progressions. He looks ten times better in this area if you ask me. The starting OLs pass blocking has greatly improved through the preseason. I think Trent is realizing he doesn't have to let it go as quickly. Just my thoughts.

I am not a Trent supporter at all but....On the TD throw to Roscoe he first looked at Evans and another reciever in the end zone before hitting Roscoe coming across the middle. Now if I can remember that off the top of my head w/o reviewing film I have to question your basic premise.

I think you're talking about the Parrish td. It wasn't that big of a deal because there was no one around him. If you have other examples, please let me know.

Pay attention. He's looking off Parrish then looks at #11 right before he throws the ball.

PTR