David Nelson

He played with the 1st string the other night and held his own. GREAT hands and has a knack for getting open. VERY thin but seems to be wiry strong. His TD catch was basically the same ball that was thrown to Chad Jackson but Jackson bumbled it. Nelson has a shot to be a solid contributor at the 4th receiver spot. Hopefully his slight size does not prevent him from staying healty.

Not sure if this was posted around draft time or since, but I just stumbled across it and thought I'd share. Also note Danny Batten and Levi Brown made the list. I wonder if Banks' sources were all Bills' scouts haha

You missed our recent TE addition Andrew George. He's #5 on the list. Anyone know how Ramon Harewood is working out for the Ravens?

PTR

I seem to remember Peerless Price was wiry coming into the league then seemed to get on the moulds program and looked quite a bit bigger in years 2 and 3. Maybe Nelson can check it out.

6-5, decent speed, hands... gotta be something they can do with that.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

You missed our recent TE addition Andrew George. He's #5 on the list. Anyone know how Ramon Harewood is working out for the Ravens?

PTR

Sounds like Harewood may not make the Ravens 53 man roster. I'd be surprised if he makes it to their practice squad without another team claiming him. ;)

Harewood

He played with the 1st string the other night and held his own. GREAT hands and has a knack for getting open. VERY thin but seems to be wiry strong. His TD catch was basically the same ball that was thrown to Chad Jackson but Jackson bumbled it. Nelson has a shot to be a solid contributor at the 4th receiver spot. Hopefully his slight size does not prevent him from staying healty.

He's six five 217. I don't call that slight size, JMO

2. David Nelson, WR, Florida -- He elevated his draft stock at the Gators pro day, running 4.57 in the 40, with a 38-inch vertical leap and a broad jump of 10 feet, four inches. Though Nelson got overshadowed at times among all of Florida's playmakers, scouts are enamored with his 6-5 height and ability to use his 217 pounds to block and give his quarterback a big target. "He's a tough kid and a competitive kid,'' one NFL scout told me. "He's got rare height and he catches the ball well. He runs good routes and he's just crafty. He'll make someone's team.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/04/02/list/index.html#ixzz0y6uAzXOb

He's six five 217. I don't call that slight size, JMO

2. David Nelson, WR, Florida -- He elevated his draft stock at the Gators pro day, running 4.57 in the 40, with a 38-inch vertical leap and a broad jump of 10 feet, four inches. Though Nelson got overshadowed at times among all of Florida's playmakers, scouts are enamored with his 6-5 height and ability to use his 217 pounds to block and give his quarterback a big target. "He's a tough kid and a competitive kid,'' one NFL scout told me. "He's got rare height and he catches the ball well. He runs good routes and he's just crafty. He'll make someone's team.''

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz0y6uAzXOb

6-5 217lbs is a string bean. i was at the game the other night and he looks very slight. He is wiry strong but 217 lbs is not a lot of meat on his bones.

6-5 217lbs is a string bean. i was at the game the other night and he looks very slight. He is wiry strong but 217 lbs is not a lot of meat on his bones.

I am 6'4" 210 and don't consider myself wiry. If I was another inch taller and gained 7 pounds, wiry certainly would not be the correct term. Sounds to me like this kid has perfect frame to be a receiver...

I'm a senior at UF and have watched him develop from even more of a string bean(186 as a freshman) into a true receiver. This guy should of been utilized more in college because he always seemed to come through in the big games. He's not a guy who will make big plays on his own but he is reliable.

You guys have already pinpointed his weakness though, he needs to put on another 10-15 lbs of muscle because he has been known to get banged up.

"Sometimes he does go under the radar. But just look at his performance in the Oklahoma game. He makes those big plays because he’s accountable." (11/23/09)

Tim Tebow

"If he wants to go to the next level, he's not an outside guy. He's a guy that has to get big and strong and bang around and have great hands. He's doing that."

Urban Meyer