Bills On Top of Division

At 2-1 the Bills are on top of the Division. With the 86 points scored we are Top 4 in scoring behind Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England.

Not bad and I just had to say it, because who knows how the season will turn out and when was the least time we could say that.

The defense is another story if I read correctly we are second to last with the 80 points we have given up.

I hope we can improve our opening drives and get points quick.

Edited by Throwback Bills

At 2-1 the Bills are on top of the Division. With the 86 points scored we are Top 4 in scoring behind Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England.

Not bad and I just had to say it, because who knows how the season will turn out and when was the least time we could say that.

The defense is another story if I read correctly we are second to last with the 80 points we have given up.

I hope we can improve our opening drives and get points quick.

And the Bills will be #1 heading into the first game & when they squish the fish they will be guaranteed the #1 spot because they fall first alphabetically.

Edited by Beerball

And the Bills will be #1 heading into the first game & when the squish the fish they will be guaranteed the #1 spot because they fall first alphabetically.

The alphabetical thing worries me. If we move to Niagara, we would be 3rd in the division. I think Ralph had that in mind when he located in Buffalo.

While I typically lead the bandwagon in disclaiming preseason performance, I have noticed how many "good" teams are really struggling offensively with their first string this PS. They are saying all of the same things we have said in prior years (too vanilla, trying not to show too much, we'll start clicking in the RS, working out the kinks, etc.).

It is both refreshing and encouraging to see the production that has come out of our first string offense over the past two games.

I know its only preseason, but isn't this record and these statistics hard to square with us being the "worst team" in the NFL? I can't believe the media having orgasms over other teams based on preseason performance or dooming teams for poor performance and completely ignoring our record to date. Yes, its only preseason, but right now preseason is all they have to talk about. We have certainly provided something to talk about and we aren't hearing a darn thing. I'm starting to buy into the media being biased stuff that's been posted.

While I typically lead the bandwagon in disclaiming preseason performance, I have noticed how many "good" teams are really struggling offensively with their first string this PS. They are saying all of the same things we have said in prior years (too vanilla, trying not to show too much, we'll start clicking in the RS, working out the kinks, etc.).

It is both refreshing and encouraging to see the production that has come out of our first string offense over the past two games.

The Jets scored 11 this weekend and Miami had 6.

We have the second best QB in the division. LOL

P R E F R E A K I N G S E A S O N

And yet if we we're 0-3 and only scored 6 points, would we still be saying it's only pre-season? Of course not. It would be proof of that we really are the worst team in the NFL. P R O O F !!!!

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If its just ths Preseason, why was everyone B#*@hing and complaining after the Washington game?

Why was everyone B#*@hing and complaining last year whe the Bills couldn't score an offensive TD in 4 preseason games?

Now the Bills look halfway decent and everyone is dismissing the fact because it's

P R E S E A S O N ?????? :wallbash:

Detroit went 4-0 in the preseason the year they went 0-16 when the games meant something.

They sure did go 4-0. But let's take a closer look shall we?

2008 Lions pre-season:

Record 4-0

TD's by starters - 3

Avg. Pts scored by starters: 11

2010 Bills pre-season:

Record 2-1

TD's by starters - 6

Avg. Pts. scored by starters: 16

So basically the Lions won those games in scrub time while the Bills have been winning them when it's starter vs starter.

PTR

I know its only preseason, but isn't this record and these statistics hard to square with us being the "worst team" in the NFL? I can't believe the media having orgasms over other teams based on preseason performance or dooming teams for poor performance and completely ignoring our record to date. Yes, its only preseason, but right now preseason is all they have to talk about. We have certainly provided something to talk about and we aren't hearing a darn thing. I'm starting to buy into the media being biased stuff that's been posted.

Who gives a crap what the media does and does not report?

Does media coverage impact the actual won/loss records?

Personally, I would rather go 14-2 with little to no media coverage than go 7-9 with the media and analysts dissecting what went wrong.

Guest dog14787

2008 Lions pre-season:

Record 4-0

TD's by starters - 3

2010 Bills pre-season:

Record 2-1

TD's by starters - 6

So basically the Lions won those games in scrub time while the Bills have been winning them when it's starter vs starter.

PTR

What really impresses me so far PTR and Trent Edwards touched on it briefly in a recent inerview, was the offenses/teams ability to fight back from momentum swings which is something most playoff/ Championship caliber football teams can do on a regular basis in my opinion.

Having an old mastermind like Chan Gailey at the helm and calling the plays is something most outsiders could never even begin to understand the significance of,

Myself personally and I know some folks will probably laugh at this, but Chan Gailey is our Angel from from football Heaven sent down to make sure Ralph Wilson goes out in a blaze of glory,

I Billieve...

Edited by dog14787

2008 Lions pre-season:

Record 4-0

TD's by starters - 3

2010 Bills pre-season:

Record 2-1

TD's by starters - 6

PTR

Interesting...I don't think these stats can be ignored too much, but how much of the "starters vs starters" argument can be used? Is it that the starters on the opposition haven't warmed up yet? Are the other teams not going in with a game plan just to allow the starters to get sharp? And how do we quantify that? I mean, there could be two guys who are playing with the first unit that would normally be on the bench and those guys miss an assignment, blow a coverage, or miss a block due to whatever reason.

I understand your enthusiasm. I'm cautiously optimistic about what we've seen & heard from camp and the preseason games. That said, I maintain - and always will - that it's preseason and the results of these games (stats, W/L, etc) mean diddly-poo. Preseason is just a stretch to get the starters in game-ready shape for the regular season.

We'll really know the real deal for this team by Week 5.