Sanchez is so bad

Drew026

Just threw another pick in the red zone. I get that most rookie-2nd year QB's can really struggle in this league because of how the adjustment curve from college to the pros, and more because you're on an attrocious team like the Lions Browns or us I guess. But this kid has no excuse being behind maybe the best line in football and having really good skilled position players to work with, and will be the reason the Jets are a wild card team at best this year. Even from watching Hard Knocks, the kid walks around like he's the best QB in the league and just acts way to comfortable and being so buddy buddy with his coaches.

/rant.

Edited by Drew026

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just threw another pick in the red zone. I get that most rookie-2nd year QB's can really struggle in this league because of how the adjustment curve from college to the pros, and more because you're on an attrocious team like the Lions Browns or us I guess. But this kid has no excuse being behind maybe the best line in football and having really good skilled position players to work with, and will be the reason the Jets are a wild card team at best this year. Even from watching Hard Knocks, the kid walks around like he's the best QB in the league and just acts way to comfortable and being so buddy buddy with his coaches.

/rant.

All I can say is I wish he was on our team with Coach Gailey at the helm to develop him.

That's called the "it" factor...Haven't seen anyone have that swagger since Jimbo...

All I can say is I wish he was on our team with Coach Gailey at the helm to develop him.

That's called the "it" factor...Haven't seen anyone have that swagger since Jimbo...

No way. The jets won in spite of the guy last year. Guy is the horribly overrated.

How do you have an "it" factor when you lead QB's in picks while having the fewest pass attempts of all the starters?

The "it" factor has become nothing more than a popular, lazy way of saying you have a gut feeling about someone with absolutely no tangible evidence to back it up, otherwise you'd be rattling off his tangibles, of which Sanchez has thus far shown none in the NFL. By your definition Ryan Leaf, Billy Jo Hobert, Todd Marinovich, etc also possessed the "it" factor... long on bravado, short on results. Kelly would have been the same player even without the mouth because he had the undeniable talent and drive to back it up. And don't tell me about the playoffs last year... a chimp could have handed the ball off with similar results... actually, likely with fewer picks, so possibly with better results.

Actually, it's called the "douche" factor. Jeff George, Jay Cutler (and he has a long way to catch those guys), and JP Losman had it. Considering he had the #1 defense and #1 running game, Sanchez might have had the worst season of any QB ever.

Sure he can improve but I've seen nothing but a lot of talk.

Actually, it's called the "douche" factor. Jeff George, Jay Cutler (and he has a long way to catch those guys), and JP Losman had it. Considering he had the #1 defense and #1 running game, Sanchez might have had the worst season of any QB ever.

Sure he can improve but I've seen nothing but a lot of talk.

It kills me when people crucify TE, who had an undoubtedly better rookie season (first 16 games he started, actually) in much worse circumstances, and yet they want to bring in someone who has shown less in more favorable circumstances to take his place. Rookie TE on last year's Jets would have flourished based on what he did here when Losman went down.

It kills me when people crucify TE, who had an undoubtedly better rookie season (first 16 games he started, actually) in much worse circumstances, and yet they want to bring in someone who has shown less in more favorable circumstances to take his place. Rookie TE on last year's Jets would have flourished based on what he did here when Losman went down.

Of the approximately 96 owners, GMs and head coaches in the NFL, I would bet you $1000 that not a single one of the 96 would choose Trent Edwards over Mark Sanchez as of today (not counting salary, just as a player). It's possible, I guess, that there is some perverted bastard son of Jerry Glanville out there who may choose Trent, but I doubt it.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog