Forbes: Bills lose 12% of their value, down to $799 M

Skoobydum

NEW YORK -- The average value for NFL teams has fallen for the first time since Forbes began keeping track in 1998.

The magazine released its annual ranking of NFL team values Wednesday, and it found larger-market teams have weathered the rough economy far better than their smaller counterparts. Overall, the average value decreased 2 percent from last year to $1.022 billion.

None of the top 12 franchises lost more than 3 percent of their value. The bottom six dropped by 5 percent to 16 percent.

The Buffalo Bills, 28th in the Forbes rankings, fell by 12 percent, according to the magazine. The Bills were valued at $799 million.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article172457.ece

This does 2 things, it made the team more affordable to be purchased by a Jimbo led group and gave an outlook that the better the product on the field translates into more team worth. I feel this allows a upside to someone who can purchase the team and add a substantial return on investment (ROI).

Go Bills!!

I feel so bad for Ralph. Ten years of skimping on front office personnel who made bad decisions has resulted in this. Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

Yeah, I hear you. How will his family survive on only $800 M versus a Billion? What is this world coming too. :rolleyes:

Edited by Skoobydum

I feel so bad for Ralph. Ten years of skimping on front office personnel who made bad decisions has resulted in this. Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

penny wise, pound foolish. wilson appears to have lost the plot even in money terms with this franchise. i'm sure stevie would do a much better job.

NEW YORK -- The average value for NFL teams has fallen for the first time since Forbes began keeping track in 1998.

The magazine released its annual ranking of NFL team values Wednesday, and it found larger-market teams have weathered the rough economy far better than their smaller counterparts. Overall, the average value decreased 2 percent from last year to $1.022 billion.

None of the top 12 franchises lost more than 3 percent of their value. The bottom six dropped by 5 percent to 16 percent.

The Buffalo Bills, 28th in the Forbes rankings, fell by 12 percent, according to the magazine. The Bills were valued at $799 million.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article172457.ece

This does 2 things, it made the team more affordable to be purchased by a Jimbo led group and gave an outlook that the better the product on the field translates into more team worth. I feel this allows a upside to someone who can purchase the team and add a substantial return on investment (ROI).

Go Bills!!

$799 million is not a price tag. it's and estimate. No one (certainly not "Jimbo") is going to pay that amount for the Bills. I would say few teams would get that asking price right now. The "loss" in value is irrelevant.

Tough year for Ralph in his struggling small market. He only cleared $28 million. Get Chuck Schumer on the phone!

$799 million is not a price tag. it's and estimate. No one (certainly not "Jimbo") is going to pay that amount for the Bills. I would say few teams would get that asking price right now. The "loss" in value is irrelevant.

Tough year for Ralph in his struggling small market. He only cleared $28 million. Get Chuck Schumer on the phone!

The real value of anything is what someone will pay you for it.

PTR

The "wins-per-payroll ratio?" :lol:

But good. A lower estimated value theoretically makes it cheaper for a new owner to buy the team and keep it in Buffalo. Several tens of millions in "loss" from a $800M asset is nothing for anyone to cry over.

No, there's two important values: (1) what it is worth to you and (2) what you could sell it for. #2 being worth more than #1 is why people sell things.

3) You're dead & the highest bidder has the cash.

Edited by Skoobydum