Dolphins trade WR Camarillo to the Vikings

Fitzmagic

In return, the Dolphins get cornerback Benny Sapp, a Fort Lauderdale native entering his seventh year in the NFL

Anyone know anything about Sapp? I don't think I reconize him...

Doesn't say what they got for him but interesting just the same. I kind of think they will miss him. Doesn't seem they have the depth to do that really.

The phins got a CB.

Bess is a good player. I watched him a lot late at night when he was playing for Hawaii and I needed to get a football fix. I wish the Bills had brought him in.

Camarillo is pretty good, but he had a knee injury a couple years ago if I recall correctly.

So I'm assuming Bess or Hartline will be the new number 2 receiver

Good :)

I've been reading Fantasy football pubs that have been saying Hartline was looking sound in camp and Camarillo was the odd-man out. --Now he's 'out' allright.

1 - WR Marshall

2 - WR Hartline

3/Slot - WR Bess

4 - WR Turner

They also have Patrick Turner (2nd year from USC) who showed some flashes this year in pre-season (3/51yds) They also have a few rookies they drafted this year.

Seems like a solid move to fortify their secondary. They dumped the 5 year Camarillo for the second year Hartline even though Camarillo provided the 'big catch' a few years ago against Baltimore in their sole win of the season. ---Very Tyree-esque of them. :rolleyes:

This is a really dumb trade for the Dolphins. They learned nothing from letting Welker go a few years ago. These types of guys are invaluable.

Sure, they were short at CB, but you could sign someone as good as Sapp. In the meantime they lost a really valuable cog.

When Marshall is throwing one of his fits and Bess is injured or having a down year, they'll really be kicking themselves.

Oh, well, better chance for us in game 1.

Edited by FightClub

ummmmm, not wide recievers. We had one of the best passing defenses in the league last year.

Second best in the league behind the Jests according to an NFLN graphic I saw last night...

This is a really dumb trade for the Dolphins. They learned nothing from letting Welker go a few years ago. These types of guys are invaluable.

Sure, they were short at CB, but you could sign someone as good as Sapp. In the meantime they lost a really valuable cog.

When Marshall is throwing one of his fits and Bess is injured or having a down year, they'll really be kicking themselves.

Oh, well, better chance for us in game 1.

True that. Talk about a knucklehead move by the phins to not try and keep welker. Anyone who saw him play with them could see he always found a way to get open. Oh well their loss.

Camarillo is a decent wideout. Nothing great at all but not too shabby. They'll miss him. Possibly another bonehead move by the phins that will benefit us in game 1.

Gotta hand it to the Vikings. They lose (possibly) two of their top three receivers in the space of a few days, and address the issue by signing the troubled, but talented Javon Walker, and give up almost nothing, for a young receiver who has shown flashes, in Camarillo. I don't know how it will work out, but I am impressed with their pro-active stance.