Here's the video of Gailey's discussion with the heckler's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping to talk to one of the youngsters afterward, but was forced to talk to coach and other players about what happened. by the time i had a free moment, it was impossible to find the them in the crowd.

jw

I'm kinda glad you didn't get to talk to them, as national identification would just encourage this kind of thing.

is this the type of juice that excites the ap? seems like work for local guys, but i'm not surprised you were on the scent!

it's unusual for a coach to do this, thus making it news. heck, even our national sports columnist, the very good and respected Jim Litke, wrote about it today:

Bills coach to hecklers: 'No autographs for you.'

jw

I saw the hecklers in camp a few days ago, there were reporters, cameraman, and fans that were either confronting them or wanting to, it was only a matter of time before someone official did something. Wish it was security that stepped in first, oh well

That's the biggest thing where I'm concerned. They're pretty good about making sure people don't stop along 31F to drop off passengers and they're pretty good about making sure no non-VIP types get to park on campus (by the way, I live two blocks away, so I'm not carping, just saying), so why can't they control these morons?

That's it? Expected something else---at least some adults in the group. He yelled at a group of about 10 kids, it seems. I can tell you that I witnessed many adults heckling TE way back in the first week--certainly within earshot of Gailey.

Why wait until the last day of camp to go off on a few kids? Was it because the cameras were right there? You can see him waving them over to follow him.

Thats it? That's what all the commotion is about?

I saw the hecklers in camp a few days ago, there were reporters, cameraman, and fans that were either confronting them or wanting to, it was only a matter of time before someone official did something. Wish it was security that stepped in first, oh well.

Still, this is like the Maybin hit earlier, so much written, yet when seen on film, it's not much to do about anything.

To think of all the self-extracted sperm that was dispensed on this board by retard rodeo over this issue, wow.

What were you expecting?

Gailey to be waving his fist? Fans throwing their arms up in frustration upon being told that no autographs would be signed? Cheering from the players? A murmur of excitement from the media as the security detail mobilized?

Look, it was bound to be pretty innocuous.

But symbolically, it was an important moment.

What were you expecting?

Gailey to be waving his fist? Fans throwing their arms up in frustration upon being told that no autographs would be signed? Cheering from the players? A murmur of excitement from the media as the security detail mobilized?

Look, it was bound to be pretty innocuous.

But symbolically, it was an important moment.

Well, not much initially, until I went through all the posts devoted to the "Chandemonium". I'm guessing most who commented early on were expecting something else also, when they viewed the vid subsequently.

Doesn't change anything---although CG waving over the cameras on his way to the "beat down" kind of takes the edge off his "spontaneous act" of indignant rage, don't you think? The "watch this, guys" effect adds a layer of cheese to the event.

Otherwise, it's nice to see him standing up for his men--even in a somewhat staged event.

Well, not much initially, until I went through all the posts devoted to the "Chandemonium". I'm guessing most who commented early on were expecting something else also, when they viewed the vid subsequently.

Doesn't change anything---although CG waving over the cameras on his way to the "beat down" kind of takes the edge off his "spontaneous act" of indignant rage, don't you think? The "watch this, guys" effect adds a layer of cheese to the event.

Otherwise, it's nice to see him standing up for his men--even in a somewhat staged event.

It was about what I expected.

In the original thread on this, I was the first to mention that I thought it was likely premeditated. I hadn't seen the video but you develop instincts after awhile. I guessed (corroborated later) that this heckling had been going on for a few days.

thanks, mr. unhappy.

to be fair, Gailey wasn't waiving over the cameras, as you put it. i believe, he was waving to either a security official or a bills official. no reporter to my knowledge, and i was standing on the sideline, was alerted or provide any sort of a heads up that this was about to occur.

jw

It was about what I expected.

In the original thread on this, I was the first to mention that I thought it was likely premeditated. I hadn't seen the video but you develop instincts after awhile. I guessed (corroborated later) that this heckling had been going on for a few days.

Kudos, then--your instincts were right on.

I mentioned the heckling in my thread about the first Saturday camp. They were all adults. It goes on every day no doubt. Chan picked the time everything was in place ofr a perfect youtube moment: last day, press with cameras running, a few kids to chide.

seriously? i'm pretty confident that Chan has got more to worry about. his reaction to it is more troubling than the heckling. it looked like a group of 4-5 teenagers. jeez, be a bigger man about it. c'mon we're gonna hurt poor trent's feelings? he kinda deserves to be heckled... hopefully he uses it as ammo to be a productive player. if chan was really the motivator that we hope he is, he'd have gone to trent and said... "you know... this is gonna happen 'till you start playing to your potential.."

thanks, mr. unhappy.

to be fair, Gailey wasn't waiving over the cameras, as you put it. i believe, he was waving to either a security official or a bills official. no reporter to my knowledge, and i was standing on the sideline, was alerted or provide any sort of a heads up that this was about to occur.

jw

Security officials?? To subdue 5 or 10 boys and girls (chanting "Maybin, Maybin!") armed with pens and programs?

Here's a heads up--the wave to the camera WAS the "heads up", jw.

I'm not "unhappy" about this little bit of fluff. I just don't mind pointing out some BS when I see it. A reporter might do the same (minus Chris Brown). Perhaps you would have too...alas: "but (I) was forced to talk to coach and other players about what happened." Forced?

Security officials?? To subdue 5 or 10 boys and girls (chanting "Maybin, Maybin!") armed with pens and programs?

I'm not "unhappy" about this little bit of fluff. I just don't mind pointing out some BS when I see it. A reporter might do the same (minus Chris Brown). Perhaps you would have too...alas: "but (I) was forced to talk to coach and other players about what happened." Forced?

Yup, JW is lying to make you look wrong o_O

I LOVE IT THIS IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF COACH WE NEED,HE IS A NO NONSENSE TYPE COACH,NOT JUST WITH THE TEAM BUT WIT THE FANS TOO.I REALLY THINK HIS ATTITUDE WILL RUB OFF ON THE ENTIRE TEAM,BY THEM SEEING THIS I THINK THE TEAM WILL SHOW EVERYONE THAT WE ARE NOT GONNA BE WALKED OVER.WAY TO GO COACH.

Exactly what Buff needs. CG I feel is improving this team mentally and that will translate to better performance on the field. We have a very tuff schedule this year, but we aren't as bad as most think. CG will get the most out of our players and the games should be atleast watchable. I for 1 didn't get all warm and fuzzy inside with him being named the HC, but he is changing that and feel most people feel the same. We do lack talent and depth in alot of areas (switch to 34, OL,ect.) but we couldn't possible be as bad as SKELATOR running the show. Here is to CHAN the man for sticking up for HIS TEAM!

sheesh. forced might be the wrong word, however, let you be the one to tell me how to do my job.

but given that this was the last day of camp, and players generally are eager to get going, i had to stop a player for a story i was working on (the wildcat, which moved today). at that point, Gailey made himself available, and it was important to talk to him, given what had happened.

but obviously, you were there and were aware of who was on the other side of that camera that got the shot of him waving. there were two Bills p.r. officials and one security person. what also pokes a hole in your argument is -- and had you been there, you'd know -- there were far more cameras behind him and to the right of him than there were those in the direction he was waving to.

it's my opinion, as i was there, that he didn't wave to the camera, he was waving at (security/p.r. staff) to ensure nothing happened. but yes, mr. unhappy, you as usual have a tin-ear on this and a nose for negativity, always seeking some type of nefarious agenda.

what's your stance on Christmas by the way?

jw

Edited by john wawrow