Maybin sees his game improving

Chris Brown

Posted August 24, 2010 – 12:44 pm

Tags: Aaron Maybin

Bills OLB Aaron Maybin believes he has made strides with his game in the team’s training camp.

“Without question,” he said. ”Obviously, like I’ve been saying this whole time, I still feel like I have a long way to go. There’s still a lot I feel I have to improve on and all that kind of stuff. But as far as where I started at and where I’m at now, I feel great. I really think I’ve shown a lot of improvement.

“My coaches have said that they’ve been pleased with the improvement that I’ve shown and how much I’ve been able to learn. The key now is to keep building once we get back up to Buffalo.”

Maybin is still working on his counter moves to his speed rush and is still trying to shore up his coverage skills and run stopping skills to become more of an every down player.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/24/maybin-sees-his-game-improving/

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

Chris Brown

Bills OLB Aaron Maybin believes he has made strides with his game in the team’s training camp.

“Without question,” he said. ”Obviously, like I’ve been saying this whole time, I still feel like I have a long way to go. There’s still a lot I feel I have to improve on and all that kind of stuff. But as far as where I started at and where I’m at now, I feel great. I really think I’ve shown a lot of improvement.

“My coaches have said that they’ve been pleased with the improvement that I’ve shown and how much I’ve been able to learn. The key now is to keep building once we get back up to Buffalo.”

Maybin is still working on his counter moves to his speed rush and is still trying to shore up his coverage skills and run stopping skills to become more of an every down player.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/24/maybin-sees-his-game-improving/

Well at least one person thinks he's improving. :rolleyes:

Aside from the stripper parties and millions of dollars, I kind of feel bad for Maybin. I think he is a player that wants to be really good but it's not translating for him. I've already given up on hopes of him being a real playmaker. At this point i'd be really pleased if he became a decent contributor.

If his numbers continue as they have in the first 2 preseason games, he'll amass 64 tackles and 8 sacks this season. I'd take that for a luxury project player with high potential that required a lot of development, and continue to think how dumb the front office was for selecting him, not Maybin personally.

At the same time, one's own perceived improvement is important to development even if takes time for others to notice. I hope he proves the nay-sayers wrong.

If his numbers continue as they have in the first 2 preseason games, he'll amass 64 tackles and 8 sacks this season. I'd take that for a luxury project player with high potential that required a lot of development, and continue to think how dumb the front office was for selecting him, not Maybin personally.

At the same time, one's own perceived improvement is important to development even if takes time for others to notice. I hope he proves the nay-sayers wrong.

I have to agree. Fact is - we need him to provide pressure on the QB or we'll be crap on 3rd downs once again. From watching him in PS and attending some practices, I have to say that any counter move he masters will be effective because he is ungodly fast off the line. He's a project but he's our project and I look for him to make strides as the games go on.

Watching Maybin play in the Indy game I saw him pound his chest making routine tackles and bumping into opponents as if to mess with them. To me that's being a punk; acting like your something special when you're really nothing. That disturbs me because I can see Maybin getting a dumb penalty at a crucial time. Gailey needs to straighten him out and get him to grow up some.

PTR

Aside from the stripper parties and millions of dollars, I kind of feel bad for Maybin. I think he is a player that wants to be really good but it's not translating for him. I've already given up on hopes of him being a real playmaker. At this point i'd be really pleased if he became a decent contributor.

I agree. He's 22 and has played one season. He should just quit now and save himself the trouble. That's the attitude. :devil:

But hopefully, we can get some more Maybin bashing. It always gets fresher.

Watching Maybin play in the Indy game I saw him pound his chest making routine tackles and bumping into opponents as if to mess with them. To me that's being a punk; acting like your something special when you're really nothing. That disturbs me because I can see Maybin getting a dumb penalty at a crucial time. Gailey needs to straighten him out and get him to grow up some.

PTR

So Jauron is a zombie because he shows no emotion. Edwards sucks because he doesn't scream at players like Marino and plays it safe. Now Maybin sucks because he plays with emotion?

Watch the gametape. Maybin is always the first to congratulate his teammates. He has fire and I like that. Of all the thing to criticize Maybin, this seems silly.

I agree. He's 22 and has played one season. He should just quit now and save himself the trouble. That's the attitude. :devil:

But hopefully, we can get some more Maybin bashing. It always gets fresher.

So Jauron is a zombie because he shows no emotion. Edwards sucks because he doesn't scream at players like Marino and plays it safe. Now Maybin sucks because he plays with emotion?

Watch the gametape. Maybin is always the first to congratulate his teammates. He has fire and I like that. Of all the thing to criticize Maybin, this seems silly.

Maybe I just caught a bad series but he was all fired up when he really didn't do much. Then he started bumping Colts players as we walked by like he was trying to start something. Maybe I read it wrong.

PTR

Maybe I just caught a bad series but he was all fired up when he really didn't do much. Then he started bumping Colts players as we walked by like he was trying to start something. Maybe I read it wrong.

PTR

Sorry to criticize you because I like your posts. And I get how it can rub people the wrong way. But former Georgetown coach John Thompson said (and I'm paraphasing): "I'd rather calm down a fool than raise a corpse."

After so many emotionless Bills players over the last years, what is wrong with some energy? He is 22 yo, worked his butt off to get here, and always is the first to give props to his teammates. Sure, he has a long way to go, but everyone hates everything he does. It just so old (not directed at you).

PTR

What I think Maybin is missing, perhaps the team is missing as well, is a vocal leader on the defensive side. I like Poz but I've never seen him confront another player and take him to task for missing an assignment. I think if this team had a defensive leader that teaches ala Ray Lewis that Maybin would be much farther along in his development.

Maybin sees his game improvingChris Brown

Maybinot must have great vision because he can see things that no one else can see.

Sorry to criticize you because I like your posts. And I get how it can rub people the wrong way. But former Georgetown coach John Thompson said (and I'm paraphasing): "I'd rather calm down a fool than raise a corpse."

After so many emotionless Bills players over the last years, what is wrong with some energy? He is 22 yo, worked his butt off to get here, and always is the first to give props to his teammates. Sure, he has a long way to go, but everyone hates everything he does. It just so old (not directed at you).

Good point.

PTR

PTR

I used to play on a sports team and one of the guys was very talented, but very low in confidence. He knew he was good, but he always would talk about how good he was almost needy our agreement. I sort of see the same thing from Maybin from these reports, it's almost like he has to act confident and prove himself. I know the amount they are paid and have accomplished are very different, but I still see a similar trend.