Andrew Luck Article

yungmack

Luck looks great but at least 2 things will keep him from being a Bill, (hope Im wrong). 1. He is not a 3 year starter and from what Ive seen of the way Nix drafts that is a big deal. 2. I think the Bills will actually pick in the mid teens and unless they trade way down, which they dont seem to want to do, Luck will be long gone.

Thanks.

Luck, Locker, Ponder, Pryce, Mallett, . . . Stanzi, Devlin, Foles, Tolzien, Enderle, Johnson, Dalton, Keenum, Riley, Gabbert . . .

next year's draft should be fun to watch -- not to mention this year's college football season!

Edited by Sabre Bill

Yeah, wouldn't want the Bills to get stuck with a bum like John Elway or Jim Plunkett.

You are saying that because Elway and Plunkett are ProBowl QBs and Superbowl winners, that ALL Stanford QBs are ProBowl QBs and Superbowl winners? :unsure:

In that case, we should be all set with Edwards :wacko:

You are saying that because Elway and Plunkett are ProBowl QBs and Superbowl winners, that ALL Stanford QBs are ProBowl QBs and Superbowl winners? :unsure:

That's not what the dude was saying. He was saying that you shouldn't discount Stanford QBs just because Trent hasn't worked out because others (Elway and Plunkett) have succeeded. It was pretty straight forward actually.

Theres no way that Luck comes out this year.

To many things stacked against him I think. The accuracy needs to come up, he needs to finish stronger in games, going 8-5 in the Pac-10 is fine, but in the NFL, he's going to need to learn how to put a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory. His body of work, though impressive, is small. He needs more experience plain and simple. Plus, smart kids like him don't leave an Ivy League school 2 years early to play pro ball. Maybe at an SEC school or even USC, but not Stanford. Harbaugh has a lot invested in him, and I don't think he'll let him go so easily.

There is also the labor agreement. What kid is going to sacrifice his college career (both academic and athletic) to possibly sit out an entire year with no practice or training. I think the draft class of 2011 is going to be limited to seniors and redshirted juniors. But thats just me.

The last two QB's that amounted to anything as rookies were Flacco for the Ravens and Ryan for the Falcons. One played 1AA football and the other played in the ACC. So color me skeptical that Mr luck will amount to anything.

PTR

Locker is a much better passer than Tebow. Also, Locker plays with no talent at Washington. He carries that team by himself.

That was exactly what all of the analysts said about Trent when the Bills drafted him.

1. He is not a 3 year starter and from what Ive seen of the way Nix drafts that is a big deal.

Nix drafted Marcus Easley, who was a one-year starter, in the 4th round.

Just because Nix PREFERS to draft players with a proven track record doesn't mean that he won't break that rule, given other more overriding factors.

It would depend more on what draft grade the Bills gave him, how grave our QB situation might be, and if/where he was available when we drafted.

1 stanford QB is enough for me.

Yeah 'cause everyone knows that if one player at one position from one college doesn't work out, every other player like him will fail. That's really deep, Dan.

Yeah, wouldn't want the Bills to get stuck with a bum like John Elway or Jim Plunkett.

Drinking early Senator? You might want to re-check your logic flow chart.

The last two QB's that amounted to anything as rookies were Flacco for the Ravens and Ryan for the Falcons. One played 1AA football and the other played in the ACC. So color me skeptical that Mr luck will amount to anything.

PTR

Promo, I love you and all but I don't really know what relevance your comment has.

Yes, most rookie QBs have modest debut seasons.

That's no reason to not draft them. You draft a quarterback if you think he will develop into a franchise quarterback, not if you think he'll set the league on fire his rookie year.

Your remark would have greater weight if you mentioned that Ryan and Flacco were 5th year seniors or if you invoked the Parcells' Rule for judging quarterbacks. Luck's dad had a long NFL career. Luck is being coached by one of the foremost QB coaches in existence. He has all the measurables and so it only remains to see if he has all the intangibles. He certainly has the pedigree.

Aside from the fact that he probably won't declare for 2011, Luck is looking like a can't miss prospect…regardless if he arrives during his rookie season, year two, or year three.

That was exactly what all of the analysts said about Trent when the Bills drafted him.

No they didn't. They said Trent was a good player on a bad team. No one ever accused Trent of "carrying his team" because he didn't.

What a strange thread.

Trent was a 3rd rounder. Locker might have been the #1 overall pick as a junior. There is no comparison between the 2.

When you noted that Trent was a 3rd rounder and Locker might be the #1 overall, you know what you did? You made a comparison between the two.

:o

Analysts said Trent was a bright spot on a bad team. They never said he carried that Stanford squad because as we all know, he was hurt quite a bit. Locker has beat top 10 teams with little help. Is he a surefire prospect? No. But what quarterback is.

When you noted that Trent was a 3rd rounder and Locker might be the #1 overall, you know what you did? You made a comparison between the two.

I think he was right though, because his comparison was horrible.

Trent was a 3rd rounder. Locker might have been the #1 overall pick as a junior. There is no comparison between the 2.

I think Kevin was the one who made that comparison, not Biscuit.

Maybe I'm missing something but this thread is surreal.