The Real Bills

Understand this, the pre-season means very little! For all you out there who are losing it over this past game let me remind you of one thing. The Bills during the super bowl runs, were not very good in the pre-season!!! Stop over reacting! I know there is more media coverage now than there was then, but it the PRE-SEASON!! The Bills are going to be better than many think because they have a coach who is stubborn enough to be consistent, and while that may be sooooo different than the dicky.j era, it is not a bad thing. And time will justify it!!!!

Dude, it's not one preseason game....it's TEN DAMN YEARS!!!! I'm usually one of the ones on the "don't overreact" bandwagon, but I continue to be let down year after year after year. I'm hopeful that Chan will get it turned around,but I felt the same way about Greggo, Mike, and even Dicko. Until we find a legit starting QB....a true leader....and we get some legit tackles, we're probably going to keep sucking.

Understand this, the pre-season means very little! For all you out there who are losing it over this past game let me remind you of one thing. The Bills during the super bowl runs, were not very good in the pre-season!!! Stop over reacting! I know there is more media coverage now than there was then, but it the PRE-SEASON!! The Bills are going to be better than many think because they have a coach who is stubborn enough to be consistent, and while that may be sooooo different than the dicky.j era, it is not a bad thing. And time will justify it!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion and I beg to differ. It feels like you are scolding me and telling me how to think. IMHO you come off as a know it all.

Your comparison is not a good run for several reasons. The super bowl Bills knew how to win, had established and experienced players on the team, had the same defensive and offensive systems in place. Pre season was used in a fashion to tune up, stay healthy, get in shape, and evaluate the young talent on the team. This years team is much much much different then those teams. I won't go into detail because it's obvious. You are comparing apples with oranges. IMHO, this preseason is important, not so much about winning but playing together as a unit, seeing how new guys respond to game time situations, evaluating young and old talent, setting a tone for the young guys, learning new schemes, etc...Yes its preseason but don't underestimate its importance to a young team in a rebuilding process with new coaches as . Don't tell me its only preseason! If you want to think that, that is fine. If you want to dismiss that horrendous preformance in Washington as nothing go ahead.

You speak as though there is an absolute that the Bills are going to get better and we will see it. You can have that opinion and I hope you are correct. The fact is you have no proof whatsoever to back up a statement like that. Your stating an opinion as if it is a fact. Time will tell if you opinion becomes fact...

keeping in mind that game planning is virtually non existent during preseason game 1, and the fact that we scratched 11 starters, im not worried. With that said, in the skins game, our LB's looked horrendous, bad play all around, this is not something to take lightly, also, kyle w looked mismatched at the nose, another bad sign. I am concerned about those issues

You are entitled to your opinion and I beg to differ. It feels like you are scolding me and telling me how to think. IMHO you come off as a know it all.

Your comparison is not a good run for several reasons. The super bowl Bills knew how to win, had established and experienced players on the team, had the same defensive and offensive systems in place. Pre season was used in a fashion to tune up, stay healthy, get in shape, and evaluate the young talent on the team. This years team is much much much different then those teams. I won't go into detail because it's obvious. You are comparing apples with oranges. IMHO, this preseason is important, not so much about winning but playing together as a unit, seeing how new guys respond to game time situations, evaluating young and old talent, setting a tone for the young guys, learning new schemes, etc...Yes its preseason but don't underestimate its importance to a young team in a rebuilding process with new coaches as . Don't tell me its only preseason! If you want to think that, that is fine. If you want to dismiss that horrendous preformance in Washington as nothing go ahead.

You speak as though there is an absolute that the Bills are going to get better and we will see it. You can have that opinion and I hope you are correct. The fact is you have no proof whatsoever to back up a statement like that. Your stating an opinion as if it is a fact. Time will tell if you opinion becomes fact...

You make a good point. My post was simply a response to all the MANY post that have stated that the Bills are done because of ONE pre-season game. You are completely right about the Bills of old, but that does not mean that Bills fans should be justified in writing off the season because of ONE PRE-season game. Lets give this FO& Coaching staff a chance before we do that....And yes we sucked against WAS, and yes we need a stable QB, but just because we do not have that this year doesn't mean we will regress as a team this year.......HOPEFULLY..... :thumbdown:

You make a good point. My post was simply a response to all the MANY post that have stated that the Bills are done because of ONE pre-season game. You are completely right about the Bills of old, but that does not mean that Bills fans should be justified in writing off the season because of ONE PRE-season game. Lets give this FO& Coaching staff a chance before we do that....And yes we sucked against WAS, and yes we need a stable QB, but just because we do not have that this year doesn't mean we will regress as a team this year.......HOPEFULLY..... :thumbdown:

I think the premise of your statement is incorrect. I don't think anyone has said that. I think those who think "the Bills are done" thought that before the Washington game. It only confirmed that their thinking might be correct. I think those who didn't" think the Bills were done" before the Wasshing game, still think the Bills are not done. I don't think anyone is saying the Bills are done because of the Washington game.

There may be a bit of over reacting yet I can't help but remember those SB years too. Even in the preseason, our firt line offense could move the ball, and do so quite well. Marv went to the second & third teams quickly and we lost, but we still saw an offense that was going to be effective, if not excellent.

I watched those games and never thought, "Oh Boy, we're in trouble".

I think the premise of your statement is incorrect. I don't think anyone has said that. I think those who think "the Bills are done" thought that before the Washington game. It only confirmed that their thinking might be correct. I think those who didn't" think the Bills were done" before the Wasshing game, still think the Bills are not done. I don't think anyone is saying the Bills are done because of the Washington game.

I think that they are done WITH the Washington game .... does that count??? :thumbdown:

I could care less about wins and losses in the pre-season. But, I do want to see some hint of progress and maybe some competitive play. They look a lot like last years bills being outhustled, outplayed and seem to be the dumber team. The bills don't make me wanna shout they make me roll my eyes a lot. I hope to see a little more competitiveness and some effort in trying to be a better team.

I seem to remember hearing 'don't worry about the offense' last preseason after the starting unit couldn't score a touchdown. It still remained a theme the entire year. After last year, and all the years before, I reserve the right to be as critical of preseason performances as I please.

Dude, it's not one preseason game....it's TEN DAMN YEARS!!!! I'm usually one of the ones on the "don't overreact" bandwagon, but I continue to be let down year after year after year. I'm hopeful that Chan will get it turned around,but I felt the same way about Greggo, Mike, and even Dicko. Until we find a legit starting QB....a true leader....and we get some legit tackles, we're probably going to keep sucking.

Fixed. :thumbdown:

I'm starting to see why you are not very popular around here. A know it all? Dude stated an opinion. Period. You try too hard to be tactful, and you take this site and yourself way, way too seriously. Do you really need to debate everything that every poster says? Hossage is rude and arrogant, but I'm beginning to think he is justified when dealing with you.

Before you start with me...yeah I know I add nothing to this board. I do knot have the football acumen of most of the posters here. I just love the Bills. I read this site daily and I resist adding my two-cents as much as possible, but sometimes I can't help myself. I respect your opinions, but sometimes I wish you would STFU!

keeping in mind that game planning is virtually non existent during preseason game 1, and the fact that we scratched 11 starters, im not worried. With that said, in the skins game, our LB's looked horrendous, bad play all around, this is not something to take lightly, also, kyle w looked mismatched at the nose, another bad sign. I am concerned about those issues

Really? Am I the only one who thought he not only held his own, but was in on a bunch of pressures as well?

Really? Am I the only one who thought he not only held his own, but was in on a bunch of pressures as well?

I saw him get washed in the 3-4 front with a RB running right by him, maybe I missed some of the plays you mentioned, but in the 3-4 front, I didnt see him do anything

I'm starting to see why you are not very popular around here. A know it all? Dude stated an opinion. Period. You try too hard to be tactful, and you take this site and yourself way, way too seriously. Do you really need to debate everything that every poster says? Hossage is rude and arrogant, but I'm beginning to think he is justified when dealing with you.

Before you start with me...yeah I know I add nothing to this board. I do knot have the football acumen of most of the posters here. I just love the Bills. I read this site daily and I resist adding my two-cents as much as possible, but sometimes I can't help myself. I respect your opinions, but sometimes I wish you would STFU!

Wow, that came out of nowhere. What in the heck are you talking about? I really wasn't trying to be rude to the guy...

The poster HooperBills responded back to me in a nice professional manner.

I think you just don't like me which is fine. However, the attack on me was unjustified. An apology will be accepted.

Wow, that came out of nowhere. I really wasn't trying to be rude to the guy...

I stated mine as well and I didn't think it was rude and obviously you did.

And that was probably rude of me as well, and I apologize for that, because I believe you intend no ill-will...but, you calling the guy 'a know it all' sounded like the pot calling the kettle black. And you disguise it so tactfully. Anyway, Ive had my morning Coke and Smoke now, and I will leave you be. Peace.

On a more cheerful note:

GO BILLS

I'll be the first to remind folks that the Bills went 0-4 in the 1990 preseason, then went on to a 13-3 regular season record and a Superbowl appearance - but before you go to further lengths to enlighten us about the meaningless of the preseason and implore us all to optimism, let remind you of some of the differences between then and now:

1990 - Jim Kelly (HOF), Kent Hull, Jeff Wright, Howard Ballard, Mitch Frerotte, Jim Ritcher, Glen Parker, Thurman Thomas (HOF), Kenneth Davis, Jamie Mueller, Larry Kinnebrew, Andre Reed (future HOF), James Lofton (HOF), Don Beebe, Keith McKeller, Bruce Smith (HOF), Mike Lodish, Mark Pike, Cornelius Bennett (should be HOF), Darryl Talley, Shane Conlan, Carlton Bailey, Ray Bentley, Marvcus Patton, Marv Levy (HOF), Bill Polian, etc., etc.

2010 - Trent Edwards, Geoff Hangartner, Demetrius Bell, Kirk Chambers, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Joique Bell, Lee Evans, James Hardy, David Nelson, Jonathan Stupar, Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Dwan Edwards, Aaron Maybin, Paul Posluszny, Kawika Mitchell, Reggie Torbor, Keith Ellison, Andra Davis, Chan Gailey, Buddy Nix, etc., etc.

No one cares about winning a PS game. I cared about the Washington game because we so thoroughly sucked in every phase of the game. It was as if the entire team were rooks. Thursday, we need to see some semblance of a football team. One that can field a punt, block, cover and have a clue about assignments. We'll see.