What About Volic ??

T master

There's a Q.B that from the first time i saw him in Tenn. i thought was (or should i say) could be a great Q.B. He is now in San Diego as there second stringer " Billy Volic " All the guy wants (i think) is a legit chance to be a starter in the NFL & to this point he has been a career back up. Just wondering if one of you Bills fans may know more about why he is a back up ??

Every time i've seen him play he does great , real strong arm , makes good decisions with the ball , what more could a team ask for ?? When he was in Tenn. he stepped in for McNair (or was it Vince ??) when he got hurt the year before he went to S.D. and kept a good season going. I know it's pretty far fetched but the thoughts of the Bills working a trade for a guy like that, that just wants a chance to prove him self & has good skills from what i can see would be a great move !!

Just thinking out loud and wondering if i'm just delusional or what ?? Besides Buddy has some connections in S.D.

So what do you think ???

There's a Q.B that from the first time i saw him in Tenn. i thought was (or should i say) could be a great Q.B. He is now in San Diego as there second stringer " Billy Volic " All the guy wants (i think) is a legit chance to be a starter in the NFL & to this point he has been a career back up. Just wondering if one of you Bills fans may know more about why he is a back up ??

Every time i've seen him play he does great , real strong arm , makes good decisions with the ball , what more could a team ask for ?? When he was in Tenn. he stepped in for McNair (or was it Vince ??) when he got hurt the year before he went to S.D. and kept a good season going. I know it's pretty far fetched but the thoughts of the Bills working a trade for a guy like that, that just wants a chance to prove him self & has good skills from what i can see would be a great move !!

Just thinking out loud and wondering if i'm just delusional or what ?? Besides Buddy has some connections in S.D.

So what do you think ???

He kinda drifted away.

IRRC, he said he was ok with a back-up role, so he got batted around in the press and by the fans.

He kinda drifted away.

IRRC, he said he was ok with a back-up role, so he got batted around in the press and by the fans.

Honestly, can you blame him? Making a few million each year holding a clipboard in sunny San Diego, California while preserving your body for life after football?? Sign me up.

So what do you think ???

Volic?

Nah.

We should just wait it out for Jay Clocker.

Billy Volek is a grade A P***Y who is content with doing as little as possible in the NFL while collecting a paycheck. Not exactly the type of player I want on the team.

I guess everyone seems to forget that we TRIED to sign him after his time in Tennesee, he opted to go to San Diego and be a back-up instead of being back-down in Buffalo. F him - he is just collecting a check - he obviously has no interest in trying to be competitive.

The fact that anyone would throw out Billy Volek (he's so good, we can't even spell his name) at this point in time is further proof that we're in trouble this year.

Let's just hope for healthy young guys playing alot, some excitement and about 11-13 one point losses. Since we're not going to compete for the Superbowl, I'm okay with sucking.....but suck ALL the way and don't embarrass the city with blowouts. I am truly okay with that...and I have season tix coming out of my ears.

I guess everyone seems to forget that we TRIED to sign him after his time in Tennesee, he opted to go to San Diego and be a back-up instead of being back-down in Buffalo. F him - he is just collecting a check - he obviously has no interest in trying to be competitive.

+1

He rejected us, and didn't want to be a starter.

I guess can you blame him-- what a life: holding a clipboard and living in San Diego...