mnf crew badmouths bills

gobills123

Sure, the Bills suck and people laugh at them... but someone needs to ask Ditka about his career record against the Bills.

He has been a tool about the Bills ever since they schooled the Bears in 1991.

After that game he said the outcome probably would have been different if they received the opening kickoff.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. Even in the '90s when the Bills were good, the national sports media (besides Chris Berman) rarely discussed them. The Dolphins were always expected to win the AFC East. Every year Miami was finally supposed to get that running game to complement Dan Marino, and they were going to dominate the AFC. It never panned out, though... Heh. I remember the ecstatic announcers discussing the arrival of the "unstoppable" Sammy Smith, who was going to propel Miami to their rightful place in the AFC Championship...

The Bills could win the Super Bowl.

They could win Super Bowls. In a row. All 51-3.

They could go 16-0. You could have CJ Spiller running up and down the field like a gazelle in the Serengeti.

You'd still have the national media not giving the team or the city any respect. To the Hollywood types, Buffalo is a caricature.

Buffalo is never going to be "popular" in the high school of national sports media. It'll always be the vo-tech kid. There won't be Bills jerseys in rap videos. You won't see Bills merchandise in Allentown, just as you don't today. Haha.

Part of the reason I enjoy being a Bills fan. It's not trendy. It's not cool. It's definitely not easy. You gamble that all the depression and frustration will someday payoff in a high of equal value. We can all never be accused of bandwagon jumping.

They could go 16-0. You could have CJ Spiller running up and down the field like a gazelle in the Serengeti.

You'd still have the national media not giving the team or the city any respect. To the Hollywood types, Buffalo is a caricature.

Buffalo is never going to be "popular" in the high school of national sports media. It'll always be the vo-tech kid. There won't be Bills jerseys in rap videos. You won't see Bills merchandise in Allentown, just as you don't today. Haha.

Part of the reason I enjoy being a Bills fan. It's not trendy. It's not cool. It's definitely not easy. You gamble that all the depression and frustration will someday payoff in a high of equal value. We can all never be accused of bandwagon jumping.

This is not completely true. When we were relevant, we were taken seriously, both the team and the fans. This thought is purely the inferiority complex suffered by our area.

Our team has been embarrassingly bad. If we were the opponent I would laugh my ass off. Period. If the team we were lined up against made some of the chicken-**** calls we have, and always seemed to find a way to blow it, I would laugh.

Unfortunately, we are a laughing stock. That is the test of fan hood. On WGR this morning they were talking about "Second Teams." There is no such thing. I rode high when we were good, and I still wear my Bills gear, I still have season tickets, and I watch the away games. Does it hurt? Yeah, but it will make the good times that much sweeter.

If Ditka and the other ass clowns at ESPN want to laugh at us, that's fine. It's not like it is anybody I take seriously, or respect. I don't even watch ESPN anymore. Let them laugh, it will make it that much better to shove it up their ass.

I would also like to see Schopp and Bulldog if we ever won. Bulldog is a fan, but Schopp makes a living taking cheap shots at the Bills. Hell, they are paid to talk about them and don't even watch the games. Bulldog has to pretend he doesn't like them, and mocks them to suck Schopp's ass. It would be sweet to give them the old "!@#$ off!" if we win the SB.

We're down. We know we are down. If you want to kick, kick, but we'll remember. There are a lot of fans of other teams that say they feel for me, and there are those that laugh. I hate Steelers fans as a culture, but I know some really good Steelers fans, who I can talk football with. In fact, one of my good friends, is a convert. He is following the Bills because he is tired of all of the dick riding Steeler fans, and he hears me talk about all of the **** going on with the Bills. I remember the 90's and all of the "fans" that were in school with me, now I get to see them on Facebook in their Hines Ward jerseys...!@#$ 'em, they're dead to me.

After that game he said the outcome probably would have been different if they received the opening kickoff.

and afterwards, after losing 35-13, he went on to say that there were several teams in the NFC better than the Bills.

Chicago people then went ballistic when the Bills rested their starters the last Sunday of the 1991 season and lost to the Lions thus costing the Bears a playoff berth. I was living in Chicago at the time, and remember it well.

your post is somewhat correct. but i once heard young jeezy mention the bills in one of his songs, and not in a bad way. also, a few years ago, i saw fat joe wearing an old school logo sabres hat.

I think that we all feel the sting of former pride when they knock your favorite team.

At this point, we sadly have little to cling to in defense.

But this is also how we feel as fans. I watched many games the past few years where some kind of infraction occurred, or a comment was made (Rex Ryan making fun of Trent Edwards last year- something to the effect of 'that's hardly Brady, Boller(?) back there'- I may be wrong on the QB), and it ticked me off royally as a fan, that I was motivated to play.

What I have been looking for from the Bills, is somebody to be motivated by comments like that. Put some swagger back in Buffalo. Some pride. I don't get the impression that our roster has any.

Would anyone be upset or think it unfair if the crew had the same conversation about the Lions? I don't think so. It's the Lions and Bills setting the bar for futility the last decade. One thing and one thing only stops the national media bashing of the Bills. Winning. Until then grow some thicker skin.

Put some swagger back in Buffalo. Some pride. I don't get the impression that our roster has any.

I think it is ridiculous to have any "swagger" when you suck ass.

You should only show that as you are proving people wrong. And unfortunately, the Bills do not seem to be capable of doing that yet.

Would anyone be upset or think it unfair if the crew had the same conversation about the Lions? I don't think so. It's the Lions and Bills setting the bar for futility the last decade. One thing and one thing only stops the national media bashing of the Bills. Winning. Until then grow some thicker skin.

theres nothin wrong with showing pride in your team. youd be lying if you said comments like those dont bother you even a little bit.

And yet somehow the Bills beat the Jets last year.

A long time ago national media seemed to know nearly as much about our local team as we did, and also, because of their greater football expertise, had some acute observations on our team.

Now the national media doesn't really know ANYTHING about our local team, like for instance that the Jets lost to the Bills last year. If you asked Ditka or any of the others to say evaluate the play of Hangartner last year, they wouldn't even know who he was or what position he played.

Those guys always pick on teams this way. I thought some of those names were clever.

Not too long ago it was the "Aints" and "Bungals." It seems like I have also heard "Jests" and "Dullphins."

... and we can thank Stewart Scott for referring to us as the "Ills" on multiple occasions.