The right thing to do with Trent Edwards

Got_Wood

But in the 2nd quarter I saw a player with a look of hopleless and and quit in his eyes as if to say what the hell am I doing here.

I didn't realize you were down on the sidelines with him, examining his soul. Are you the team shrink?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with TE, but I have to tell you that I would be really happy if Brohm started. I hate RF. I dont like him behind the line. But im no coach or talent evaluator. The only thing I know is the only thing worse then the Bills OL is the QBs.

i am a talent evaluator. fitz is better by far. let me bottom line you with a question?

AT LEAST FOR THIS YEAR because we didnt draft a first string qb or acquired a great qb,

what would you prefer,

a SLOPPY WIN, or a GREAT LOSS?

if you want more wins than losses, you gotta go with fitz. this is plain truth.

That certainly could be due to protection breaking down all game. But you are correct that trent has to start showing something.

PTR

A leaky O-line is a killer, but it hasn't stopped Aaron Rodgers with GB. That's a QB who has drive, passion, intelligence, and

talent. Alas, Trent is no Aaron Rodgers.............

A leaky O-line is a killer, but it hasn't stopped Aaron Rodgers with GB. That's a QB who has drive, passion, intelligence, and

talent. Alas, Trent is no Aaron Rodgers.............

It goes both ways. After years and years of having ten or so GB games gracing my tv, it's down to six or so.

Rodgers - to me - takes off in an instant, leaving his linemen to flail about. I would be pleased if one of them turned around, and chased down and planted Sir Aaron into the turf. He needs to learn a lesson. His incessant farting around cost then a win against CIN last season.

I didn't realize you were down on the sidelines with him, examining his soul. Are you the team shrink?

He speaks the truth. I saw that look when he was warming up on the sidelines before the Cleveland game. There is something (maybe more than one thing) wrong with Trent. I hope he can get his head and heart straight.

He speaks the truth. I saw that look when he was warming up on the sidelines before the Cleveland game. There is something (maybe more than one thing) wrong with Trent. I hope he can get his head and heart straight.

My sense is that interpretation of looks generally says a lot more about the interpreter than about the person who ix being judged,

It actually would strike me as saying many good things about the importance of the team and the game to a player who could in fact looked so bummed out when he is being paid even the NFL minimum for playing a boys game. One would really have to care a bunch about your teammates (a good thing in my mind), or about the game (in both cases its gotta be pretty clear you are on a team that ain't doin well but perhaps you are willing to overlook how very good your personal situation is (the aforementioned 100s of thousands annually to play football and in addition all the girls you can eat) that you are deeply bummed by being on a hapless team. Again caring that deeply is to some extent admirable.

On the other hand, perhaps what was going through the heart of shallow Hal here is that he is do focused on being a top quality athlete that he is in fact bummed out by playing for the hapless Bills in this game. I actually view this IF this is the source of his unhappiness (which again assumes that the interpreter is not merely reflecting his or her being bummed out about their own sorry life and is reading the player correctly- I mean the player might have an ingrown toe nail which really hurts or it might be the anniversary of the death of his Mom or Dad).

I think all of these an million other uncertainties make reading a look something that likely says more about the looker than the lookee.

Check out Nathan Enderle and christian ponder this year instead

Sorry bad joke. I have seen Ponder and he has potential. I will keep my eye on him. Honestly, I am not familiar with Enderle. I will look him up.

For now, I have both my eyes on Brohm. I hope he gets plenty of playing time on Thursday. Lets hope he performs well.

Sorry bad joke. I have seen Ponder and he has potential. I will keep my eye on him. Honestly, I am not familiar with Enderle. I will look him up.

For now, I have both my eyes on Brohm. I hope he gets plenty of playing time on Thursday. Lets hope he performs well.

Enderle is a big kid from Idaho Vandals, nice arm, decent mobility, smart kid, gamer, turned in his best season last yr with 22 tds 9 ints, including a 4 td bowl performance, and last second win vs. bowling green in the humanitarian bowl.

If you go on youtube, search for him, if you find the humanitarian bowl highlights go to the 3 min mark and watch that rollout kick throw he makes, then watch the final drive. I like this kid alot coming into this season, he's been drawing comparisons to Jay Cutler, and I like that too.

. Most people realize Trent is weak and needs to be sitting. The sad thing is Gailey seems to have confidence in him. Based on what, I have no idea.

Probably he is spending a good 10-12 hours every day watching the guy practice and play. Much longer than you or me.

In terms of leadership I think Fitz is way ahead TE. I would take a good look at Brown and Brohm. Get rid of Trent and keep our eyes open for training camp cuts. A veteran off of someone else's scrapheap may be our best option this season.

At this point, Leadership is way overrated on this team...For you to become a leader, one must first perform on the field and earn the trust and respect of your teammates. Not a single player has achieved that on this team. At this point, all the leadership should come from the coaching staff.

I spoke to someone who covers Bills camp over the weekend and suggested this option. His response was that it's highly unlikely since that QB would have no time to learn the offense and you would just make a bad situation worse, much like changing an OC the week before the season starts.

PTR

The only such option would be Tyler Thigpen. He is familiar with the system. However, I don't believe Chan is going that route. If he were, he would have given his 4th/5th round pick to Miami to get him much early in the off season.

Guest dog14787
i am a talent evaluator. fitz is better by far. let me bottom line you with a question?

AT LEAST FOR THIS YEAR because we didnt draft a first string qb or acquired a great qb,

what would you prefer,

a SLOPPY WIN, or a GREAT LOSS?

if you want more wins than losses, you gotta go with fitz. this is plain truth.

With all due respect, If you think Ryan Fitzpatrick is way better then Trent Edwards, I would seriously have to question your talent evaluating skills.

Does accuracy figure in to your evaluation process?