Ryan Mallett

Good luck with that LOL!

You're probablyright, Bill...unfortunately! I friggin HATE Alabama....Maybe Florida can step up, I dunno....certainly not the bulldogs. *sigh*

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one thing's for sure, I'll be keeping an eye on the kid this season! I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities....their games are on down here all the time.

I'm sure there will be some boring weeks during the 2010 season. Plus, as always, there is a bye week.

Maybe you can dedicate one of your web shows this year to an in depth analysis of the top QBs like Locker, Mallet and Luck. Maybe you can even go into sleepers like this Jay Clocker guy I keep hearing about. It sounds like a lot of work so no pressure but it would be cool if you did it.

I'm sure there will be some boring weeks during the 2010 season. Plus, as always, there is a bye week.

Maybe you can dedicate one of your web shows this year to an in depth analysis of the top QBs like Locker, Mallet and Luck. Maybe you can even go into sleepers like this Jay Clocker guy I keep hearing about. It sounds like a lot of work so no pressure but it would be cool if you did it.

I'll check with the producers

I just spent a week in Little Rock, Arkansas, and was talking football with some of the locals. When I told them I was a Bills Fan, each and every one of them told me how great this kid is. One compared his arm strength (I know, not the most vital issue) to that of Drew Bledsoe.

Tell me, are they simply being partial to their home town product, or does he project to be a superstar as they claim?

Just curious what were you doing in LR? I live about twenty minutes north of LR.

I would say I'm slightly partial to Mallet, but he is going to be a good NFL QB after another year under Petrino.

Reminds me a Jevon Snead. He shouldnt come out this year.

I've read that before. How are they similar? Wasn't Snead supposed to be a first round pick and tanked his last season and went undrafted?

Are you aware that the Bills haven't had a quality OL unit since the Polian era? Are you aware that the Bills haven't established another franchise qb since the Kelly era? If that doesn't qualify as one of the dumbest front office's then I don't know what does? If you are not convinced about the caliber of performance of the front office then look at its drafting record and W/L over the past decade.

Don't you think that once LT is addressed (presumably in next year's draft, hopefully high) we'll have a pretty solid OL? The interior is solid, and you have to think ONE of those guys we signed/drafted will become a serviceable RT.

I just spent a week in Little Rock, Arkansas, and was talking football with some of the locals. When I told them I was a Bills Fan, each and every one of them told me how great this kid is. One compared his arm strength (I know, not the most vital issue) to that of Drew Bledsoe.

Tell me, are they simply being partial to their home town product, or does he project to be a superstar as they claim?

Hey Bill...just saw this but didn't bother reading all the responses so I probably have nothing new to offer, but that's never stopped me before. :thumbdown:

I saw a couple early games last year and a couple late games. In the early games you saw the kid's arm, but his play was very spotty. Bad decisions, accuracy not so good.

By the end of the season I was amazed at his improvement. He's got a ways to go, but if he shows the same/similar improvement this year he'll be something.

JMO

He's Bledsoe 2.0. Serious arm but not athletic at all. His stats are also misleading. He threw for 16 TD's in 8 SEC gaems last year. 10 of the 16 came against UGA and Miss St. In games against Bama, Florida, LSU, Auburn, South Car and Ole Miss he threw for a total of 6 TD's. He dominated inferior competition and played OK against the Big Boys.

I do think he's a good QB, but I don't think he's in the same class as Locker or Luck or even Clausen.

I've seen the kid play a few times living here in SEC country, and not that I have enough basis to say this yet, but as of today I'm hoping the Bills do NOT draft him. We don't need another QB with a big arm, we need a QB with intangibles who is a GAMER. Aside from Flutie, we haven't had a gamer in here since Jimbo. That's a big reason why I think a lot of us are holding out some sort of hope for Levi. The guy has got some spunk to him and he rises up when the game calls for it. I don't see that at all in Mallet, and I think that all he'd do is set our franchise back by another 3-5 years.

Very true.

Mallett has also been rumored to have some anxiety issues off the field. That may be fine in college, but in the pro's when you have national media breathing down your throat, the pressure can build.

I like Mallett for his skill set. Over the last two seasons that I have been watching more SEC football( I tend to be a PAC-10 guy), I've noticed his improved footwork and mobility, although he still has some difficult throwing on the run. But i have to agree, he rarely rises up to the occasion. He had chances to win big games, and he faltered.

Perhaps he has learned from that, and will make strides this season.