Whos killing the Spiller pick now

Best player available,..... Thats the way to draft... Good job Buddy...Depth!!!

Who knows,... Wally Pipp

Maurice Jones-Drew,Fred Jackson, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Shonn Greene, Ryan Grant, Jammal Charles,Brandon Jacobs, Darren Sproles, Matt Forte, Marion Barber, Shady McCoy and Pierre Thomas think the Bills should've addressed LT, QB or Pass rusher first. :lol:

Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson were selected 24th in the 1st round. Deangelo Williams was selected 27th. Thomas Jones is a journeyman free agent. Cedric Benson was a castaway. Ricky Williams castaway.

Cadalac Williams, Reggie Bush, Marshawn, McFadden and Ronnie brown were all selected high in the first round......how are they working out? Litterally the only high RB taken high who's had success lately is Adrian Peterson.

Spiller is a very exciting player for sure, but is he going to be Reggie Bush or Marshall Faulk? Can he carry the load for a full season? Then why draft him with the 9th pick! As much as I like Spiller, the pick will never make sense to me.

I'm little worried that Jackson might start the season on the P.U.P. list, due to the fact that Lynch may not be ready by the opener but we need additional RBs behind Spiller.

It would stink to have Jackson miss any time, but having him miss 6 weeks as a result of being put on the P.U.P. list out of necessity?

Pretty darn stinky.

FYI -- Jackson cannot be on the PUP list as he has already practiced this year. It is either the 53 or IR.

SSDD

THE GUY GOT 16 yards on FOUR carries!!!!! Except for the fact that he is the number one pick in an area where we don't need him either of the other healthy backs might well be starting. Given our offensive line I won't be surprised if he gets injured as well. For that matter its only a matter of time before the qb's start going down.

Fix theoffensive line.

I agree the O line needs help... But People need to remember its very young and we have 2 high picks from last yrs draft invested there,.... LT is a huge problem.....

But Withe 2 rbs done for 3-6 wks, the Spiller picks looks a lot better

Maurice Jones-Drew,Fred Jackson, Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Shonn Greene, Ryan Grant, Jammal Charles,Brandon Jacobs, Darren Sproles, Matt Forte, Marion Barber, Shady McCoy and Pierre Thomas think the Bills should've addressed LT, QB or Pass rusher first. :wallbash:

Chris Johnson and Steven Jackson were selected 24th in the 1st round. Deangelo Williams was selected 27th. Thomas Jones is a journeyman free agent. Cedric Benson was a castaway. Ricky Williams castaway.

Cadalac Williams, Reggie Bush, Marshawn, McFadden and Ronnie brown were all selected high in the first round......how are they working out? Litterally the only high RB taken high who's had success lately is Adrian Peterson.

Spiller is a very exciting player for sure, but is he going to be Reggie Bush or Marshall Faulk? Can he carry the load for a full season? Then why draft him with the 9th pick! As much as I like Spiller, the pick will never make sense to me.

Will it make sense if he takes over the RB Duties, and is not a scat back type??

Then tell me at the 8 spot who did you want,.... Awful no way,...Aaron Maybin,.... Thats awful

This question has been asked on this board many times, as if there is no reasonable answer. But there are many.

Brandon Graham, please. Think he would look awfully good, compared to Maybin and Torbor? And if Maybin works out down the road, we'd have had two dangerous pass rushers at ROLB and LOLB, and that is a very dangerous thing in a 3 - 4. Derrick Morgan. Bulaga. Dez Bryant. Dan freaking Williams, because I like Troup, but Williams is better. He would have been a great pick, and my first pick out of all of them. And sure, I wouldn't have minded trading back to pick up a few of these guys and getting an extra pick or two besides. There were people trying to trade up in that region this year, San Francisco at #11 and Philly at #13 being good examples. We could have traded down.

And to be honest, if I would have traded down and if none of these other good folks were available, I would have picked Clausen (at the time, obviously, I didn't know he would be available in the second, so I would have lost on the value). In three years or so, we will see how passing on Clausen works out. But if Clausen is a franchise QB, this may look like one of the worst mistakes in the last decade or more. On the other hand, in fairness, if Clausen bombs, not picking him will look not just like a good move, but like a great one.

We'll see. But all of the above would have been picks of players who look great, at positions of need. Bryant would probably have been the best value, but all of them would have been decent values.

I like Spiller as a player, but if he turns out to be another Reggie Bush, and one of the above bunch turns out to be an animal, picking him will have been a mistake, IMHO.

Oh, and by the way, you did mean #9, not #8, right?

Will it make sense if he takes over the RB Duties, and is not a scat back type??

What have been the Bills biggest problems over the last 10 years on the field? In order, I'd say QB's, OLine and Pass rush. It's been a long time since the Bills didn't have a good RB. Travis Henry, Willis, Marshawn and Freddy are all very good.

Look at the teams who consistantly win, Colts, NO, Eagles, Arizona, Pittsburgh (over the last 4 years), New England, Cowboys, Ravens. None of them have great RB's. Some have platoons, some have average RB's, some have versatile RB's but none of them have a RB who was picked high (Bush, but he's not a feature). They know that RB's are a dime a dozen, Shannahan proven that year after year.

Who are the last teams to win a SB with a truly great RB......the Rams in 2000 and Denver in '98-99. They also had All Time Great QB's (Warner, Elway), All Time Great LT's (Pace and Zimmerman) and very good Olines.

I'm not saying that you don't need a great running game, you just don't need a great RB.

I thought Spiller looked o.k. in the pre-season opener. He had some bad blocking plays, maybe some messed up assignments there, but he ran pretty good for having nothing to speak of for an O-line.

The O-line was fine the other day. Especially in run blocking. Nothing much to speak of for an O-line after a game is a good thing. No sacks and all the backs were able to get yards.

Spiller is good, but he will need space, he's not a banger-type running back. The whole success of his career in Buffalo will be based on the ability for his blockers to give him space. I don't think Buffalo has that this year, and that is something they need to work toward. He is a very different back than Lynch or Jackson.

Thank God we drafted a 3rd-string RB at #9. Now that our top 2 RBs are going to miss a game or two to start the season, we have a prime prospect to shoulder the load. Except that he'll still only play part-time because he's not built to handle more than 15 carries a game or so. So I guess the moral of the story is that we should've gone for a 4th-string RB in round 2.

Um, me!

LT, QB, rush LB? Remember?

Count me in with you! The easiest position in the league to fill if you have a fuggin line. I would have been ecstatic if the Bills would have used all of their draft picks on offensive and defensive lineman.

You protect a meager running attack and bad QB play with a kickass line, not with skill positions.

But hey, next year, with the #1 pick, we can take yet another RB. Depth baby.

I love learning stuff on this board.

Seriously, thank you, SEP, I did not know that.

I didn't know that until the other day either, but its good to know

So he'll likely just be on the 53-man then. Probably misses a week, maybe two. The first three weeks of the season are an absolute buzzsaw anyway, so I don't know that Action J would make that much of a difference. I'd rather have him for the next three weeks though, which are eminently more winnable.

Best player available,..... Thats the way to draft... Good job Buddy...Depth!!!

Who knows,... Wally Pipp

What's your point? Because of an injury Nix is a genious? Bell and Simpson looked awefully good, I give him more credit for those players than Spiller at #9. Nix still did nothing for QB and OT's which would have helped us out more than another RB. Unless Spiller is the best RB in this draft class, grts OROY and plays for us into his next contract, he's still a luxury pick in my book.