Another Classic Performance by Joe Theisman

For those who watched the NFL Network broadcast of this game and got the Redskins crew... Theisman was already in midseason form last night. I loved how they kept calling Joique Bell: Jordan Bell. Ironically, he has a son named Jordan. I think very late in the game they finally started getting it right. But aside from the bone crushing hits that Perry Ellis was out there making, there was one other Theismanism that just slayed me. When they were talking to Snyder did anyone catch how after we punted Theisman said the Skins got another INT and a big turnover it was? He went on and on... but aside from the obvious that there was no turnover... did you see the look he flashed Snyder when he said "and another big turnover for the defense!" His eyes lit up almost in a longing fashion for Mr. Snyder and it was downright creepy. I can't even describe it... if you have this game on TIVO you must go back and check this out. All in all, not a very entertaining game from a Bills fan perspective, but at least that clown brought some entertainment to the show.

I caught this. It was embarrassing. After he makes the first comment about it being a turnover, when really the bills had just punted, Kenny Albert corrected him, letting him know it was just a punt. Immediately after being corrected, Theismann comments about how that was such a big turnover for the skins and that they struggled with that last year.

For those who watched the NFL Network broadcast of this game and got the Redskins crew... Theisman was already in midseason form last night. I loved how they kept calling Joique Bell: Jordan Bell. Ironically, he has a son named Jordan. I think very late in the game they finally started getting it right. But aside from the bone crushing hits that Perry Ellis was out there making, there was one other Theismanism that just slayed me. When they were talking to Snyder did anyone catch how after we punted Theisman said the Skins got another INT and a big turnover it was? He went on and on... but aside from the obvious that there was no turnover... did you see the look he flashed Snyder when he said "and another big turnover for the defense!" His eyes lit up almost in a longing fashion for Mr. Snyder and it was downright creepy. I can't even describe it... if you have this game on TIVO you must go back and check this out. All in all, not a very entertaining game from a Bills fan perspective, but at least that clown brought some entertainment to the show.

Funny, I thought the same thing! He looked at Snyder with an almost erotic intensity!

How many hours does he spend in the tanning booth before gametime?

My favorite was when he criticized Donald Jones for running back to catch a kickoff that was about 8 yards deep in the end zone, and then commented, "I don't understand why these guys don't stand really far back and then run up to the ball, instead of running back to the ball." Hmm--kinda tough to do that when the ball is kicked 8 yards back in the endzone.

Theisman is in desparate need for an OPTIRECTOMY. Please, someone volunteer to pay for it! :wallbash:

he was as bad as the Bills!!!!

Totally agreed, I believe this was the first full game that I watched on the NFL network and was disgusted with the calls. Theisman was acting like a little nervous schoolgirl with a crush around Snyder. Calling a punt an interception, that is just incompetence.

And I don't care if it is preseason, don't have the announcers wearing effing Redskins shirts. Unbelievable.

Totally agreed, I believe this was the first full game that I watched on the NFL network and was disgusted with the calls. Theisman was acting like a little nervous schoolgirl with a crush around Snyder. Calling a punt an interception, that is just incompetence.

And I don't care if it is preseason, don't have the announcers wearing effing Redskins shirts. Unbelievable.

The broadcast team was wearing Redskins garb because the NFL Network picked up the Washington Redskins broadcast.

The NFL Network will, in the name of broadcasting all the NFL Preseason games, pick up local broadcasts of said games. In fact, it is common practice for them to show one half of one team's broadcast and then the second half of the other team's broadcast. They elected not to pick up the Bills' production, possibly (I'm guessing) because the Bills broadcast wasn't in hi-def and the NFL Network wanted to transmit only the hi-def version of the game.

The fact that it was the Redskins broadcast was problematic for Bills fans.

There was no Bills pre-game. You didn't see a Bills uniform until shortly before kickoff.

The commentary was Redskins-centric…the crew had little or no insight or inclination to talk about the Bills.

The video was disjointed because during the stoppages in play, there were frequent sideline interviews with Redskins and Redskin associated people and often the director didn't switch back to the play until a moment after the ball was actually snapped.

All of this on top of having to listen to Joe Theisman and watching a game where the Bills played poorly and the ball seemed to continuously bounce for the Redskins made for one very unsatisfying NFL TV experience.

The game was nearly unwatchable at times because of this confluence of negative factors.

The broadcast team was wearing Redskins garb because the NFL Network picked up the Washington Redskins broadcast.

The NFL Network will, in the name of broadcasting all the NFL Preseason games, pick up local broadcasts of said games. In fact, it is common practice for them to show one half of one team's broadcast and then the second half of the other team's broadcast. They elected not to pick up the Bills' production, possibly (I'm guessing) because the Bills broadcast wasn't in hi-def and the NFL Network wanted to transmit only the hi-def version of the game.

The fact that it was the Redskins broadcast was problematic for Bills fans.

There was no Bills pre-game. You didn't see a Bills uniform until shortly before kickoff.

The commentary was Redskins-centric…the crew had little or no insight or inclination to talk about the Bills.

The video was disjointed because during the stoppages in play, there were frequent sideline interviews with Redskins and Redskin associated people and often the director didn't switch back to the play until a moment after the ball was actually snapped.

All of this on top of having to listen to Joe Theisman and watching a game where the Bills played poorly and the ball seemed to continuously bounce for the Redskins made for one very unsatisfying NFL TV experience.

The game was nearly unwatchable at times because of this confluence of negative factors.

This.

Also, I was watching some of the Cowboy-Raider game today on NFLN and they had the Cowboys local broadcast. I thought it was less biased and much more insightful than anything that Theisman or the Redskin team did. It just goes to show that it's not the local broadcast thats the problem, it's the broadcasters.

In that Washington DC market, former "heroes" of the team with the racist nickname are treated like gods and actually make a lucrative career out of being "former" ***skins." Sonny Jurgeson, John Riggins. Rick "Doc" Walker, and Sam Huff are all over the local radio and TV stations, either as announcers or "experts." The idolatry makes one want to puke.

As for Joe "motor mouth? Thiesiman, I can't say this story is 100% accurate, but the word around the DC area is that when Theisman started college, his last name was pronounced "Theesman." At some point in his college career, when people started to think he was good or something, he started pronouncing his last name "Thighs-man" so that it would rhyme with "Heisman."

That tells you a lot about the man. He's slimy. Always was, and always will be.

In that Washington DC market, former "heroes" of the team with the racist nickname are treated like gods and actually make a lucrative career out of being "former" ***skins." Sonny Jurgeson, John Riggins. Rick "Doc" Walker, and Sam Huff are all over the local radio and TV stations, either as announcers or "experts." The idolatry makes one want to puke.

As for Joe "motor mouth? Theisman, I can't say this story is 100% accurate, but the word around the DC area is that when Theisman started college, his last name was pronounced "Theesman." At some point in his college career, when people started to think he was good or something, he started pronouncing his last name "Thighs-man" so that it would rhyme with "Heisman."

I've read the same thing and Paul Maguire commented on that quite a bit too. During one game several years ago, that they tag teamed, Paul was so annoyed with Joe, that he started calling him "Theesman", which really popped his cork. They never worked together again.

As for Joe "motor mouth? Thiesiman, I can't say this story is 100% accurate, but the word around the DC area is that when Theisman started college, his last name was pronounced "Theesman." At some point in his college career, when people started to think he was good or something, he started pronouncing his last name "Thighs-man" so that it would rhyme with "Heisman."

I remember his leg snapping, that's a clip that needs to make every broadcast he is involved with after a injury. Then Joe can say, if you think that was bad wait until you see this. That would be worth watching for a moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1iVRRu6w0

LT had a load of coke in him that night, that's for sure. Who knew the girl was underage, LOL.

I remember his leg snapping, that's a clip that needs to make every broadcast he is involved with after a injury. Then Joe can say, if you think that was bad wait until you see this. That would be worth watching for a moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1iVRRu6w0

LT had a load of coke in him that night, that's for sure.

There is no way you can humble that guy, he is too much of a jerk and full of himself. However, it would make for a great commercial, only if they pronounced his name the correct way.