Unexpected source sheds light on Bills

Nice theory but the Hall of Fame is an above board organization and I doubt they would allow a false speech.

I mean I'm pretty sure no one is saying that he necessarily "lied", the things he says about team work are true, that's how it goes. The statements about him disowning his child...yeah that's true, regardless of what Malone said in his induction speech he walked away from his family. There's just no opinion there.

The hall of fame I'm sure gives the inductees the parameters of what can and can't be talked about as well as a length that the speech should be within. You think they double check every single speech? Is someone that is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame really gonna mess with the requirements and soil his induction? Come on, really? Karl Malone is in the Hall of Fame because he was a great basketball player, not because of the quality of his character, his ethics or morals.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was the Basketball Hall of Fame induction which included The Mailman, Karl Malone. He was a great player but it was his not his play the Bills should emulate, it was his speech. His speech was all about how it was not one person that does everything in life. It is about sharing with others, doing the right thing and understanding how it is not all about you. It is about team and family.

That is what FOOTBALL is really all about. And what do we get? From Karl Malone's own son? Maybe I missed something but Bell sat out last night while his teammates struggled, he claims his father has done nothing for him and generally does not seem to understand the things laid out so clearly in his father's speech.

Now I don't want to dump everything on Bell who is a kid, because Hardly also allegedly tried to kill his father and Lynch has had his issues, but Demetrius should listen to dad.

And before you all start in with criticizing Malone, I'm sure the Hall of Fame checks all the speches out and validates them before they are made. I doubt they would let him go on and on unless he had lived up to his word. I think the Hall does a lot of background checks.

So come Bell and the rest of you.....T-E_A-M. I don't see an "I" in there.

Haha you over think way to much shiiit man. Ya im really sure that Bell sat out because he wanted to be a prick. Wouldnt it make more sense that he was just injured and sat out as a precaution? Its not like he has accomplished anythin in the nfl to feel secure enough with his job security to pull somethin like that. He only makin 7th round salary for cryin out loud!

And you really think the HOF actually gives a fuuuckk if he lies? Unless your a Bills fan no one even knows Bell exists so how do you figure they would know that he is Malones son! He doesnt even have the same last name so its not so obvious. B-LO a small market which doesnt have a BBALL team which means very few basketball fans on the grand scale of things. The BBALL HOF fame knows this and sees that its not a big deal and let Malone give his speech. Now if Bell was a starting tackle in a big market like NY or somethin it would be a whole nother story.

.....and your posts continue to get more delusional with every post.

Malone bailed completely on his "family". His son, Demetrius was a complete non-entity in Sir Karl's life. That sure shows a strong commitment to responsibility, and family by the anointed one. What it shows is that Sir Karl is dirt.

Thanks for slapping up one of the worst posts I've read in a long, long time.

here here. the poster is oblivious. if he had another brain it would be lonely.

I mean I'm pretty sure no one is saying that he necessarily "lied", the things he says about team work are true, that's how it goes. The statements about him disowning his child...yeah that's true, regardless of what Malone said in his induction speech he walked away from his family. There's just no opinion there.

The hall of fame I'm sure gives the inductees the parameters of what can and can't be talked about as well as a length that the speech should be within. You think they double check every single speech? Is someone that is getting inducted into the Hall of Fame really gonna mess with the requirements and soil his induction? Come on, really? Karl Malone is in the Hall of Fame because he was a great basketball player, not because of the quality of his character, his ethics or morals.

I'm sure the Hall of Fame did their homework before allowing the speech. Malone talked all about family and was choked up showing how much it all means to him. Team, family, and the sport. More people, including many of the Bills should follow that example.

I'm sure the Hall of Fame did their homework before allowing the speech. Malone talked all about family and was choked up showing how much it all means to him. Team, family, and the sport. More people, including many of the Bills should follow that example.

First off, methinks you are crackerdogs crazy and two: do some fricking reading. Malone bailed on Demetrius and didn't even acknolwedge him until Demetrius was in college and still has no role in his life. Malone is a hypocrite.

Remember when Malone did that public service spot about changing the name of diabetes to "livabetes" because "diabetes" made people think "oh no, I'ma die of betes"? That guy is always thinking about his fellow man. Kids are not men so haters should stop dogging him about his kid. You can't make everyone happy.

First off, methinks you are crackerdogs crazy and two: do some fricking reading. Malone bailed on Demetrius and didn't even acknolwedge him until Demetrius was in college and still has no role in his life. Malone is a hypocrite.

Don't yell at me. Yell at the Hall of Fame if you think they didn't do their homework. My guess is that it will be you with egg on your face. The Hall has a large staff and I'm sure they check this stuff out.

Don't yell at me. Yell at the Hall of Fame if you think they didn't do their homework. My guess is that it will be you with egg on your face. The Hall has a large staff and I'm sure they check this stuff out.

So you're saying that Bell is not Malone's son and he didn't bail on him and his family? My guess is that the hall of fame doesn't care about how bad of a parent he is, doesn't make him an ethical human being - just a good basketball player. Personally if being a man means I have to personify someone like Malone, I'll pass. He can say anything he wants in his speech, it doesn't mean that he ever has or ever will live up to it.

So you're saying that Bell is not Malone's son and he didn't bail on him and his family? My guess is that the hall of fame doesn't care about how bad of a parent he is, doesn't make him an ethical human being - just a good basketball player. Personally if being a man means I have to personify someone like Malone, I'll pass. He can say anything he wants in his speech, it doesn't mean that he ever has or ever will live up to it.

Let me spell this out for you:

Yes I know Bell is Malone's kid.

Their relationship is strained even if there is a relationship.

I think we all agree on these points.

Bell says Malone never gave him the time of day. Bills fans are fans so they tend to believe this without looking into it.

Malone say IN A SPEECH that he is all about family. This speech has been cleared by the basketball Hall of Fame, an organization which prides itself on its reputation.

I think these points are also beyond doubt.

So now the question becomes whether to believe a kid who is at an age where he can obviously still be emotional and who sat out on his team the other night, or an organization which has a reputation steeped in tradition. The choice is clear.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know all the details. Maybe Malone reached out to Bell and Bell reacted emotionally while rejecting him. That is something a young kid could do. Who knows the whole story? We can't be too hard on Bell either. Maybe he will come around. What I'm saying is that eventually he should follow Malone's vetted and documented example.

Let me spell this out for you:

Yes I know Bell is Malone's kid.

Their relationship is strained even if there is a relationship.

I think we all agree on these points.

Bell says Malone never gave him the time of day. Bills fans are fans so they tend to believe this without looking into it.

Malone say IN A SPEECH that he is all about family. This speech has been cleared by the basketball Hall of Fame, an organization which prides itself on its reputation.

I think these points are also beyond doubt.

So now the question becomes whether to believe a kid who is at an age where he can obviously still be emotional and who sat out on his team the other night, or an organization which has a reputation steeped in tradition. The choice is clear.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know all the details. Maybe Malone reached out to Bell and Bell reacted emotionally while rejectng him. That is something a young kid could do. Who knows the whole story? We can't be too hard on Bell either. Maybe he will come around. What I'm saying is that eventually he should follow Malone's vetted and documented example.

Jesus you're as gullible as Malone is a hypocrite. You write like you live in a Willy Wonka movie. The NBA is hardly the Boy Scouts of America. And hey don't edit HOF speeches. Malone is a hypocrite and bailed on his duty as a father. Deal with it pollyanna.

Jesus you're as gullible as Malone is a hypocrite. You write like you live in a Willy Wonka movie. The NBA is hardly the Boy Scouts of America. And hey don't edit HOF speeches. Malone is a hypocrite and bailed on his duty as a father. Deal with it pollyanna.

How did you find out about Polly? :wallbash:

Dear Crayonz,

You are a !@#$in idiot. Bell sat out because he was recovering from injury just like the other quarter of our starters. How in the world do you think that Bell is not being a team player from this? Are you sayin that Wood and Poz are also being selfish players because they are recovering from injuries and dont want to further risk injuring themselves in a preseason game? Obviously you have nothin better to do with your life so you make up some BS to try and seem insightful and garner attention. You have no logic in your arguments. Just shut the f up you are retarded. Why dont you try shoving one of those crayonz in your ass? You might just come up with better ideas for posts :wallbash:

Love, Dute

Dear Crayonz,

You are a !@#$in idiot. Bell sat out because he was recovering from injury just like the other quarter of our starters. How in the world do you think that Bell is not being a team player from this? Are you sayin that Wood and Poz are also being selfish players because they are recovering from injuries and dont want to further risk injuring themselves in a preseason game? Obviously you have nothin better to do with your life so you make up some BS to try and seem insightful and garner attention. You have no logic in your arguments. Just shut the f up you are retarded. Why dont you try shoving one of those crayonz in your ass? You might just come up with better ideas for posts ;)

Love, Dute

Is this an NBA HOF approved post? :wallbash:

Dear Crayonz,

You are a !@#$in idiot. Bell sat out because he was recovering from injury just like the other quarter of our starters. How in the world do you think that Bell is not being a team player from this? Are you sayin that Wood and Poz are also being selfish players because they are recovering from injuries and dont want to further risk injuring themselves in a preseason game? Obviously you have nothin better to do with your life so you make up some BS to try and seem insightful and garner attention. You have no logic in your arguments. Just shut the f up you are retarded. Why dont you try shoving one of those crayonz in your ass? You might just come up with better ideas for posts :wallbash:

Love, Dute

Dude,

Perhaps you didn't see it despite me posting it over and over but you are right that we cannot single out Bell. Wood, Poz, Wang and the others should also follow Malone's example. Bell was first on the list because Malone's speech was so illuminating and he is related to Malone. Basically, all the Bills should be more like Malone and put family and team first.

Newsflash dude:

It is the basketball Hall of Fame; not the NBA Hall of Fame. Big difference when it comes to honesty. If there were an NBA Hall of Fame they would let Malone claim he and Stockton had special psychic powers. Stern has no remorse about anything when it comes to promotion. That is the main reason the NBA has not been allowed to open a Hall of Fame. The NATIONAL basketball Hall of Fame has higher standards.