New to TBD

Perk71

Hello everyone. I have been viewing this site for a while now and I just wanted to get a little help with a trip I'm planning the weekend of Nov. 26th. I plan on flying out that day so I can make the game on Sunday against the Steelers. I've been a fan since the mid 80's and I figure its time to go see a game in real Bills weather (From CA). The only other game I have been to is their game against the Cardinals in 08'. I will be out there solo, since it is a holiday weekend and my girls will be with their mom. Any help in regards to seat selection, hotels, local hangouts, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Hello everyone. I have been viewing this site for a while now and I just wanted to get a little help with a trip I'm planning the weekend of Nov. 26th. I plan on flying out that day so I can make the game on Sunday against the Steelers. I've been a fan since the mid 80's and I figure its time to go see a game in real Bills weather (From CA). The only other game I have been to is their game against the Cardinals in 08'. I will be out there solo, since it is a holiday weekend and my girls will be with their mom. Any help in regards to seat selection, hotels, local hangouts, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

I can't offer any plans for your trip, but welcome on your joining us!

Thanks for your help.

You're definitely going to want to get a good tailgate experience...there's no tailgate like the Ralph, and I've been to quite a few. Since you're traveling solo, I'm sure that somebody on the board here would be amenable to hanging out with ya. I'm going to the Oct. 3 game against the Jests, myself.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

From a fan who has only had season tickets once (and split them with someone else so I only went to 4 games), I have sat all over that stadium. Corner Endzone, second row up, twenty yrd line, behind endzone, etc. The best seats are the upper deck 300 sections. If you like being able to see all the players no matter where the ball is and see how plays develop that is where you should look. You dont have to be centered on the 50 either. Id say first 10 rows of the upper deck, any section. Those are the best seats in the house. Cheap too.

Late in Nov its best to be on the home sideline so the wind is at your back and not in your face. That Giants game the year they won the SB was awful. Sleeting snow and rain straight to the face bc I was on the visitors sideline

You're definitely going to want to get a good tailgate experience...there's no tailgate like the Ralph, and I've been to quite a few. Since you're traveling solo, I'm sure that somebody on the board here would be amenable to hanging out with ya. I'm going to the Oct. 3 game against the Jests, myself.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Second that. KC is right there though. I guess we'll find out about Lambeau in a month, huh? But yeah, the tailgate, in all likelihood, will end up being the highlight of your entire trip. That and mighty Taco.

From a fan who has only had season tickets once (and split them with someone else so I only went to 4 games), I have sat all over that stadium. Corner Endzone, second row up, twenty yrd line, behind endzone, etc. The best seats are the upper deck 300 sections. If you like being able to see all the players no matter where the ball is and see how plays develop that is where you should look. You dont have to be centered on the 50 either. Id say first 10 rows of the upper deck, any section. Those are the best seats in the house. Cheap too.

Late in Nov its best to be on the home sideline so the wind is at your back and not in your face. That Giants game the year they won the SB was awful. Sleeting snow and rain straight to the face bc I was on the visitors sideline

I hear ya Thoner, but I much prefer anywhere in the lower bowl to the upper deck. Just seem to feel more part of the action when sitting in the lower bowl - if you are going for the "experience". It's definitely a personal preference thing. If you make it to the game, get there early and walk around the stadium during the game or even warmups to get a feel for different vantage points.

Unfortunately, tickets could be expensive and hard to come by - Steelers fans are notorious for traveling in droves and that hurts ticket availability.

Enjoy! It's an amazing experience....I've had season tickets since around 1999 and live in Syracuse. Sunday is the best day of the week!

Welcome, Perk!

I just wanted to chime in and second (fourth?) the tailgate comments....it's been a while for me, but tailgating at the Ralph is quite the experience! My buddy and I used to get there as early as possible, break open a few brews, toss around the pigskin, chat with the locals, eat some good food....man, I miss those days.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you all for your replies and the welcoming. The only tough decision will be the seating because they are all great suggestions and who knows when I will be able to get back. I'll have to make a decision quick on what I want most out of the game in regards to my ticket purchase. I will definitely somehow, some way check out the tailgating scene. That is a most!

All I can say is you had me bustin' up "Blue Fire".

Thanks again all

Thanks for your help.

Here's what you do.

1. Order some inexpensive tickets from STUBHUB.com. They are very cheap and to be honest - every seat has a great view.

2. I used priceline.com for my trip to Las Vegas (4 nights at Caesars Palace). It was only $630 for the flight roundtrip and hotel! I figure it will be cheaper in Buffalo. I recommend staying at Adams Mark, The Hyatt, or the Avant (a bit pricier).

3. Enjoy your time here - your hotels (if you chose mine) are all walking distance/driving distance to HSBC Arena, Anchor Bar, The waterfront, and shopping on Elmwood.