10 Reasons why the Obama Presidency is in meltdown

Who is they? and in what regards?

"They" being the Democratic Party. And in regards to "Well...those 'official numbers' aren't the whole story, because in fact those so-called 'unemployed people' are actually fully employed looking for new work, and getting paid for it to boot!"

Sorry, but I am not falling for this, as I so stupidly did with the "Bush Bad" stuff. President Obama is one guy and can only do what the rest of the government will allow. He can't arbitrarily make things right on his own, just because he wants to. No President gets (or should get) that type of power.

We AREN'T a monarchy.

Tell that to Obama.

Sorry, but I am not falling for this, as I so stupidly did with the "Bush Bad" stuff. President Obama is one guy and can only do what the rest of the government will allow. He can't arbitrarily make things right on his own, just because he wants to. No President gets (or should get) that type of power.

We AREN'T a monarchy.

Actually, I think quite a few points on that list are properly addressed to Obama (whether one agrees or not is a different issue).

Some, though - "Obama's response to the Gulf oil spill," for example - are, as you say, ridiculous.

a) This clown is not across the pond, he is in DC

b) He's a clown

c) He's a funny clown

Obama doesn't believe in American greatness! Oh no! :thumbsup:

Apparently not.

Obama once said that he "believe[d] in American exceptionalism, just as I imagine that Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism and the British believe in British exceptionalism." In other words, as Michael Barone recently put it, not at all. But the problem is this: whether Obama believes in it or not, American exceptionalism is a fact on the ground - and it is the principle reason that his cult of personality is unsustainable.

Apparently not.

Obama once said that he "believe[d] in American exceptionalism, just as I imagine that Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism and the British believe in British exceptionalism." In other words, as Michael Barone recently put it, not at all. But the problem is this: whether Obama believes in it or not, American exceptionalism is a fact on the ground - and it is the principle reason that his cult of personality is unsustainable.

X. Benedictionary:

American Exceptionalism = Pandering to constituents that need to believe the United States is #1 in everything therefore loved by God because God hates backing losers.

X. Benedictionary:

American Exceptionalism = Pandering to constituents that need to believe the United States is #1 in everything therefore loved by God because God hates backing losers.

Not exactly, at least by my definition.

AE is a special pride in America and the American spirt of "can do", and we've done a lot. More in fact, than most other civilizations with similar (relatively speaking) assets of power and wealth. I think the average American thinks America generally tries to do "good" in the world - (whatever the hell that is).

To me, President BO's instincts are not good. He sees America as a force for coercive evil. He seems to think it's "the man" that keeps the disadvantaged downtrodden. He does not seem to believe in capitalism. He thinks government is the answer to all problems. He's imbued with what I term a "cargo cult" mentality - that thinks mana will fall from the sky from the government's planes. It's a different kind of trickle down economics - one that the government doles out bread and favors from on high. I find it to be a plantation holder's mentality. Everybody's a victim - except the evil capitalists. It's trite rubbish, in my view. His election was a colossal mistake by the American electorate.

Not exactly, at least by my definition.

AE is a special pride in America and the American spirt of "can do", and we've done a lot. More in fact, than most other civilizations with similar (relatively speaking) assets of power and wealth. I think the average American thinks America generally tries to do "good" in the world - (whatever the hell that is).

To me, President BO's instincts are not good. He sees America as a force for coercive evil. He seems to think it's "the man" that keeps the disadvantaged downtrodden. He does not seem to believe in capitalism. He thinks government is the answer to all problems. He's imbued with what I term a "cargo cult" mentality - that thinks mana will fall from the sky from the government's planes. It's a different kind of trickle down economics - one that the government doles out bread and favors from on high. I find it to be a plantation holder's mentality. Everybody's a victim - except the evil capitalists. It's trite rubbish, in my view. His election was a colossal mistake by the American electorate.

I don't agree with everything you said, but I give you a +1 on saying American electorate, instead of just the people who voted for him.

I don't agree with everything you said, but I give you a +1 on saying American electorate, instead of just the people who voted for him.

Thanks, Adam. I do try to be fair, for the most part. I am a crack pot, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

Apparently not.

Obama is like a Bills fan who also likes the Dolphins and Patriots and tends to think their fans have more class.