Bills 2 a day

cmjoyce113

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What positive things can you actually say about the Bills this year going into the season? They have been a mess for the last 5 years and now they have a whole new coaching staff.

It is what it is................

Only way to gain respect is to do it on the field! :ph34r:

We've been hearing numbers like that from everyone. I'm not buying it. I think we can win at least as many as last year and with the right coaching and the offensive line improving we could end up with nine wins. Of course, the offensive line has to improve.

How come your not buying it?

We've been hearing numbers like that from everyone. I'm not buying it. I think we can win at least as many as last year and with the right coaching and the offensive line improving we could end up with nine wins. Of course, the offensive line has to improve.

Offensive line is a mess going into the preseason opener tonight. Do you think it's changed enough for the better?

What positive things can you actually say about the Bills this year going into the season? They have been a mess for the last 5 years and now they have a whole new coaching staff.

Only way to gain respect is to do it on the field! :ph34r:

This.

Not many of the self-proclaimed experts will pick the Bills to do much this year because of the new coaching staff and the questions about the OL. And of course, the Bills didn't draft Claussen or any other big-name QB, so there's no way they can be any good.

We're seeing that Gailey is preaching work ethic and discipline and a changed approach to the game because we have eyes & ears at camp every day. This is what gives us belief that they will be better. The E$PN guys don't see that.

I'll continue to preach my cautiously-optimistic approach.

Only way to gain respect is to do it on the field!

Positives: (If I had been asked to do the 2-a-days on M&M Show) :ph34r:

Starters: Chan Gailey as the Offensive Play Caller >>>>>>> Alex Van Pelt (Rookie OC who was thrown in the fire on day 1).

The improvement in the defense especially to stopping the Run

The return of many starters who went on IR last year (McKelvin, Wood etc)

The arrival of C.J Spiller, a potential playmaker

A tough coaching staff as shown during the training camp

A still intact top-rated Special Teams with the addition of Spiller in the return game

Starters: Chan Gailey as the Offensive Play Caller >>>>>>> Alex Van Pelt (Rookie OC who was thrown in the fire on day 1).

The improvement in the defense especially to stopping the Run

The return of many starters who went on IR last year (McKelvin, Wood etc)

The arrival of C.J Spiller, a potential playmaker

A tough coaching staff as shown during the training camp

A still intact top-rated Special Teams with the addition of Spiller in the return game

Granted there are positives and it is great that we can see positives. Last year. it was hard for me to see them. This year it is less muddied. However, there are lots and lots of question marks as well. IMHO, I cannot just turn my head and ignore them.

On the other hand did mike jr. say how the JESTS were heavy favorites to win the SB this year and when they do they should be considered one of the all time greatest NFL teams? Whereas Big Mike probably wouldn't go quite that far, he would allow for the fact that the governor should rename NY City in honor of the JESTS, when they win the SB.

I am really surprised that they feel like the other teams in the AFC EAST are going totally in a positive direction. I feel like the Pats are, at best standing still...I also feel that the Parcells affect in Miami is overrated. The Jets have a lot of talent and attitude, but their QB still hasn't proven anything...and they got rid of their top runner last year.

I guess it's easier to poke holes in the Bills.

Granted there are positives and it is great that we can see positives. Last year. it was hard for me to see them. This year it is less muddied. However, there are lots and lots of question marks as well. IMHO, I cannot just turn my head and ignore them.

Almost every NFL team (especially the ones at the bottom half) go with as many question marks as us. That is the fun of the beginning of the NFL season. No one knows how a player or team will turn out.

Even the dominating NE Patriots have issues at RB, a very thin LB corps, issues at OL with no good replacement at LG.

Chan gives us hope just as Jauron did four seasons ago. Jauron brought some calmness to a team that was torn apart in the Williams/Mularkey era. He steadied the boat and took us to a 7-9 seaons. However, he could not improve on that after the 1st season, because they could really not develop a QB. Losman had a good year throwing for 3000 yards, but they failed to capitalize on it in the next season.

Chan has bought toughness and discipline with him. I will watch for how the OL plays today. Are they minimizng their false starts or holding penatlies, things that killed us last year and put us in several 3rd and long several times...

This team has talent and needs better discipline to compete in the NFL. Jauron could not provide that. I hope Chan is the Man.

I am really surprised that they feel like the other teams in the AFC EAST are going totally in a positive direction. I feel like the Pats are, at best standing still...I also feel that the Parcells affect in Miami is overrated. The Jets have a lot of talent and attitude, but their QB still hasn't proven anything...and they got rid of their top runner last year.

I guess it's easier to poke holes in the Bills.

Yes. ESPN hates Buffalo.

Also you have to look at what they are doing with the basics. Chan is a firm KISS man. Keep It Simple Stupid. The O line will get much better because they have played a year, and have been drilled to stay low and hit hard. Dick never approached them that way. Dick also was so laid back guys laughed at camp, which showed up in the 4th quarter when we would get blown away for not being tough. Chan has these guys knowing it takes 4 quarters and they have to stay focused. Buffalo will do way better than most think and I can't wait so I can call all these experts and ask them to eat s***

I like too think we will be alot better. We do still have a few holes. But on the other hand we really don't know what we do or do not have until the season starts. So i am going in with "High Hopes". But I also know it might back fire on me. So I will be at some games and will watch the other ones and root for the Bills with all my heart.

Go Bills !!!!

Starters: Chan Gailey as the Offensive Play Caller >>>>>>> Alex Van Pelt (Rookie OC who was thrown in the fire on day 1). Chan has been a mediocre offensive coach his whole career. Yes, he's better than AVP, but let's not put him in the HOF just yet.

The improvement in the defense especially to stopping the Run - 1.) The D was not the problem last year. 2.) We have no idea at this point if they will be better or worse than last year. The return of many starters who went on IR last year (McKelvin, Wood etc)

The arrival of C.J Spiller, a potential playmaker - Potential means that he hasn't actually done anything yet. It remains to be seen if he becomes a difference maker. It is highly unlikely that he comes out in year one and has a huge impact. We'll see. A tough coaching staff as shown during the training camp

A still intact top-rated Special Teams with the addition of Spiller in the return game - OK. I'll give you this.

I like your assessment, BUT I'm still skeptical.