Wishniak

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too. CCHS??

Yep. Class of '75. I think years ago you said you were Class of '77 (my sister was too).

In the late 80s, every single elected official in Cheektowaga was Polish (Tom Johnson's mom was Polish) and we had two County Executives (Rutkowski and Gorski)

Yes... 100% decendant Polish (mother was a "ski"). I never knew my last name is a village name in Poland:

Wiki link

My grandfather (and father) and his brothers did make it sound Irish (and use the apostrophe) to obtain employment on the railroad since only Italians and Irish would mainly get hired. Big difference from:ˈɔsux (awe-sue) to the Irish variant. :wallbash:

Edit: Was part of Germany prior to 1945... Probably explains why my father said that in '39 his mother would weep out of control to the radio as Poland was blitzed.

Yes... 100% decendant Polish (mother was a "ski"). I never knew my last name is a village name in Poland:

Wiki link

My grandfather (and father) and his brothers did make it sound Irish (and use the apostrophe) to obtain employment on the railroad since only Italians and Irish would mainly get hired. Big difference from:ˈɔsux (awe-sue) to the Irish variant. :wallbash:

Edit: Was part of Germany prior to 1945... Probably explains why my father said that in '39 his mother would weep out of control to the radio as Poland was blitzed.

You're in. You got the street cred. :P

You're in. You got the street cred. :P

The only thing is that I never heard of Wishniak. :blush:

I do like cherry soda as my favorite drink... For years in WNY, Cherry Crush was my favorite... They never sold it anywhere else till just recently... The past year I have been finding it here!:worthy: It was always Strawberry Crush that was sold here!:sick: