Steve Johnson #2 WR?

Cory

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what is a waste - Hardy! Do we actually pay this guy?? I remember he caught a nice pass for a TD in his 1st game and then has been hurt ever since.

What a sad career so far.

James seems like a bit of a troubled person, and on top of that, he's had some bad luck with injuries.

There's a darkness to the guy when he talks and I hope he can pull it all together, if not here, somewhere else.

It looked like James was gonna get an 11th hour reprieve as a Buffalo Bill with the injuries to Huggins and Easley.

Then of course Hardy gets injured himself.

I think Hardy's definitely on the bubble…the upside is that a very comparable physical talent, David Nelson, was plucked by Nix and Company and we might be witnessing a case where the undrafted free agent is a better player than the highly drafted one.

He's got the number two job on lock barring horrific pre-season game performances. I think he will be a solid player for us. He's a smart player, good hands, good route runner...not overly fast but that's ok. And he's got a great personality to boot. CERTIFIED FLY GUY

I'm not privy to seeing him in camp, but everything I've read suggests his route running is questionable.

Anyone else excited to see Steve Johnson get a chance as the #2 WR? I've been dieing to see him play some real ball since he was drafted and looked better than Hardy in every camp. Hope he gets a legit chance.

He appears to be the leader for the #2 spot. Sadly, it's a reflection of just how little talent there is behind Lee Evans.

He appears to be the leader for the #2 spot. Sadly, it's a reflection of just how little talent there is behind Lee Evans.

That's why when we go 3-13 this year it might be a good thing -- a couple of years with some high draft picks for some real talent might actually pay off. I am really sick of going 7-9 every year. Let's go 1-15 and really get a high pick!!! If anyone didn't notice - I am in this for the long haul

In today's economy it is sad whenever someone wastes money to travel to the Bills training camp. But enjoy your time there - it is probably the best football you're going to see from the Bills all season.

Nothing to see hear folks, this is the same idiot who postulated that the Bills losing was all a product of the fans. Yep, this rocket scientist said the Bills lost because of the fans enthusiasm...

That's why when we go 3-13 this year it might be a good thing -- a couple of years with some high draft picks for some real talent might actually pay off. I am really sick of going 7-9 every year. Let's go 1-15 and really get a high pick!!! If anyone didn't notice - I am in this for the long haul

It would be kind of cool to go 3-13 instead of 7-9. Locker will go to someone else, and then we can grab the best running back on the board to go with Spiller, Jackson, and Marshawn. That'll fix the offensive line.

Why would you think this, Jauron didn't give him much of an opportunity last year. And he could/should have. For that matter he didn't give Johnson any love either.

Because last year we had TO..and if you didn't start, you were not involved last year. Hardy was drafted high, so Jauron probably would have favored him. This seemed to be Jauron's pattern of thinking. Look at what happened when Lynch came back from his suspension. Everyone else could see that Freddy should continue to start, buy Jauron saw it differently. He also refused to move Maybin to linebacker.

Because last year we had TO..and if you didn't start, you were not involved last year. Hardy was drafted high, so Jauron probably would have favored him. This seemed to be Jauron's pattern of thinking. Look at what happened when Lynch came back from his suspension. Everyone else could see that Freddy should continue to start, buy Jauron saw it differently. He also refused to move Maybin to linebacker.

Great points!! Plus, Jauron never played the best player. It took injuries for Jackson, Greer and Byrd to get their chance in the starting line-up. Jauron would have played Hardy over Johnson because of their draft positions.

NO SPEED.. GREAT HANDS... HOPE IT WORKS OUT!!!

Who said he has no speed? He's fast enough or he wouldn't be on the field. He doesn't need to be a track star

to play at high level. Art Monk, Steve Largent, Fred Biletnikoff, Michael Irvin all in the HOF; Cris Carter will

be. Guess what? None of them were considered burners either. Yet they all got open and often times deep too.

Go back and study the game. Hope it works out!!!

In today's economy it is sad whenever someone wastes money to travel to the Bills training camp. But enjoy your time there - it is probably the best football you're going to see from the Bills all season.

You are just sad in general. Go be miserable by yourself. LoL

Our rebuilding of the WR position(s) starts with Johnson. He has shown glimpses of the ability to play in the NFL in the very minimal amount of time on the field. If he can just become a solid 3 this year I would be happy. The combination of Evans, Parrish and Johnson have a lot of speed. IMO, he has the ability to be a dark horse for this team. Hopefully the coaching staff let this kid play.

Why would you think this, Jauron didn't give him much of an opportunity last year. And he could/should have. For that matter he didn't give Johnson any love either.

Maybe because TO and Reed were still here?