Crazy street fight in Boston, MA

LongLiveRalph

I wonder why we don't have that kind of stuff in Alaska? Oh wait, no I don't.

"Any person 21 years of age or older may carry a handgun concealed on their person provided that, when contacted by a police officer, informs the officer of that possession and allows the police officer to secure the handgun for the duration of that contact."

"Any person 21 years of age or older may carry a handgun concealed on their person provided that, when contacted by a police officer, informs the officer of that possession and allows the police officer to secure the handgun for the duration of that contact."

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Either that, or everybody is too constricted in their parkas! :thumbsup:

What kills me is that in all the time the guy is video taping the idiots out in the street, no one called the cops.

You don't know that but don't let that bother you.

I admire the baseball bat guy's moxy and like the rewarding cling of the bat connecting as much as anyone but 1v6 were really bad odds and he just barely got away without the beatdown of a lifetime. I agree with the observation that he should have just floored the car and let the bodies fall where they may. His self-defense case was clear to me.

I admire the baseball bat guy's moxy and like the rewarding cling of the bat connecting as much as anyone but 1v6 were really bad odds and he just barely got away without the beatdown of a lifetime. I agree with the observation that he should have just floored the car and let the bodies fall where they may. His self-defense case was clear to me.

By FAR the highlight of the video.

For me, a distant 2nd but still hilarious was the whining session in the parking lot after the facts. All those punks wondering how they got punked but without enough brains to figure it out....

good law.

what would that do? this is over in 5 minutes. it would take the cops half an hour to show up.

I'm under the impression that those idiots were out there for a while kicking cars. That should be enough to call the cops.

That self-defense case goes right out the window with what he did though. It was entertaining and all, but I'd imagine that he's in for some legal trouble after this one.

Isn't that a political post? Tsk, tsk. :w00t:

As KY and OH (finally) joined the majority of States that woke up and permitted concealed carry, there were no end of dire predictions about mayhem in the streets. See also FLA and TX.

Of course, that didn't happen, and the screeching yowlers are nowhere to be found these days.

The OH contingent managed to make permit holders a matter of public record initially, but that has been stopped.

Vermont. The State's leanings are well known. However, they somehow cut short those leanings when it came to protecting themselves. The hypocrisy drips, of course, but the low crime rates in Vermont are enviable. Coincidence? :bag:

VT firearm law:

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/f/gunlaw_vt.htm

Isn't that a political post? Tsk, tsk. :bag:

I prefer to look at it as a "reality" post.

Alaska's Concealed Carry law was patterned after Vermont's. The only reason we have a Permit is for reciprocity with other states. I think there are 17 or so that accept Alaska's CCW card as valid.

Every time I watch one of the nut jobs go off on a killing spree at work I think about how that would look in our office - with about 90% of the people firing back.

Alaska's Concealed Carry law was patterned after Vermont's. The only reason we have a Permit is for reciprocity with other states. I think there are 17 or so that accept Alaska's CCW card as valid.

Every time I watch one of the nut jobs go off on a killing spree at work I think about how that would look in our office - with about 90% of the people firing back.

When OH re-instituted concealed carry (with a ton of restrictions), many commercial establishments rushed to put up signs and decals saying no concealed carry allowed.

The restrictions have been lessened, and the merchants that listened to their lawyers found out through the years that their signage ended up being an announcement to criminals who interpreted such as "C'mon in! We are an easy mark. Come and kill and rob us." And it happened. Often.

I refused to patronize such businesses that have that signage. I'm not alone - they have been steadily been removed as merchants think about their falling number of patrons. Long before today's troubles.

When OH re-instituted concealed carry (with a ton of restrictions), many commercial establishments rushed to put up signs and decals saying no concealed carry allowed.

The restrictions have been lessened, and the merchants that listened to their lawyers found out through the years that their signage ended up being an announcement to criminals who interpreted such as "C'mon in! We are an easy mark. Come and kill and rob us." And it happened. Often.

There were a few places here that tried the same thing. The legislature went back to the drawing board and passed a law that basically stated that establishments that serve the public cannot have regulations that are more strict than the state law. Problem solved.

I refused to patronize such businesses that have that signage. I'm not alone - they have been steadily been removed as merchants think about their falling number of patrons. Long before today's troubles.

That's pretty much how most Alaskans handled it as well. The one mall that had it posted was the most crime ridden. Not surprising.

There were a few places here that tried the same thing. The legislature went back to the drawing board and passed a law that basically stated that establishments that serve the public cannot have regulations that are more strict than the state law. Problem solved.

That's pretty much how most Alaskans handled it as well. The one mall that had it posted was the most crime ridden. Not surprising.

Let me guess. Northway?

Anyway on the issue at hand, I have often thought that the fact that it is well known that people can carry is more important than who or how many actually carry. Those thugs in Boston are a perfect example. They know the full weight of the power of Massachusetts law is preventing their targets from being armed, and therefore have no fear. In a armed state they have no idea what they are taking on.

You work in an office with 90% carrying a gun and you haven't been shot yet? That is an amazing accomplishment! :ph34r:

Let me guess. Northway?

Bingo. Sears mall used to have it too. That place was horrible from dusk on.

Anyway on the issue at hand, I have often thought that the fact that it is well know that people can carry is more important than who or how many actually carry. Those thugs in Boston are a perfect example. They know the full weight of the power of Massachusetts law is preventing their targets from being armed, and therefore have no fear. In a armed state they have no idea what they are taking on.

Wholeheartedly agree.

On any given day? Pretty much.

I wouldn't call it amazing. I'd call it very courteous. We have some of the best morning meetings. :ph34r:

LOL!

I bet there isn't much backstabbing going on in your office!

I wish every state had the same gun laws. I honestly believe thugs would think twice before they committed a crime.