Chan on 97 Rock this morning

man, I really enjoy hearing this guy talk. He says the right things and knows what he wants and where he wants to go. What a refreshing change from what we've had in the past. I think we finally got ourselves a head coach gentlemen. <_<

Apparently Dallas, Georgia Tech, and Miami didn't get the memo. :w00t:

Apparently Dallas, Georgia Tech, and Miami didn't get the memo. <_<

Jerruh Jones said that firing Gailey was a mistake. As for GT, who cares? College is college. And he was hired by GT when he was Miami's OC and Wannstedt was still their HC.

Good interview. I thought that compared to most interviews, most of the questions were good. Coach Gailey kindof wiggled out what Trent did that was good. The answer to his last question made me a little nervous. I'm with the interviewer. It's not a "rebuilding year", it's a year for us to go for it. I was hoping Coach Gailey would say, shoot, we're going for it and want to win. He kind of mumbled around but did say he was going to try to win every week. So I'll give him a pass on it for now.

The interviewer asking him we had 4 really good QBs was funny though.

Coach Gailey talked about how he was going to work around a bad line with timing routes. I've complained about this for 3 years under DJ. Our QBs don't have time to drop 5 to 7 steps and pat the ball waiting for a reciver to get open. Snap the ball and sling it out to where the reciever is supposed to be. When he makes his cut or turns around, the ball should be there. I was glad to hear this.

man, I really enjoy hearing this guy talk. He says the right things and knows what he wants and where he wants to go. What a refreshing change from what we've had in the past. I think we finally got ourselves a head coach gentlemen. <_<

I wonder if that's one of the reasons why Jones cut him loose in Dallas. Jerrah was in his puppet phase at that time, could be he didn't like what Gailey was saying.

I wonder if that's one of the reasons why Jones cut him loose in Dallas. Jerrah was in his puppet phase at that time, could be he didn't like what Gailey was saying.

Very likely, since the next HC was Dave Campo. It's also possible that Gailey & Jones just didn't get along because they had the same personality. You mix two guys who have the same ambitions and one of them isn't going to like working for the other.