Pre-season game planning

nero47

Unfortunately, can't find it now, but CG made a comment last week about how he was going to spend Sunday last. He mentioned that he and the staff were going to be doing a little gameplanning for this week.

I thought you didn't gameplan in preseason, you just go out wing on plays you know without rhyme or reason. :D

Of course, that is what we were used to under DJ.

Game planning, who woulda thunk. How novel. <_<

Unfortunately, can't find it now, but CG made a comment last week about how he was going to spend Sunday last. He mentioned that he and the staff were going to be doing a little gameplanning for this week.

I thought you didn't gameplan in preseason, you just go out wing on plays you know without rhyme or reason. :D

T - 3.5 days. . .

That's funny you just mentioned that because I just started a thread recommending that.....

I thought you didn't gameplan in preseason, you just go out wing on plays you know without rhyme or reason. <_<

Why would you think that? Of course you have a game plan in preseason. It isn't a game plan necessarily designed to WIN the game, but to give you the info you need to prepare your team for the season, decide on cuts, etc.

Um...no. DJ was a crappy coach (particularly a crappy game-day coach) but he wasn't one of the Three Stooges. I'm positive DJ had preseason game plans, too.

Well there's game-planning and planning to play a game. I doubt the coaches will spend any time actually game-planning in the true sense of the word. They will plan their personnel groups. They will plan on running certain plays in certain situations. They'll plan on who gets how much playing time where and with what units.

But they won't spend a minute on breaking down film. They won't isolate perceived weaknesses to exploit, etc.

Don't expect to see too much of what they've installed in camp at this point.

The pre-season is all about evaluating players you know little to nothing about. It'll be very vanilla I suspect. And for good reason.

GO BILLS!!!

That I know. it was just interesting that Chan actually mentioned it. Obviously they won't be breaking down film, but I get a better feeling that we have more purpose. It appeared in the past that other teams were doing as you described and we weren't K-9.

Everyone gameplans for everything in the NFL. The difference is in the pre-season you don't gameplan to WIN, you gameplan what you want to work on, you gameplan what players you want to see in certain situations, you gameplan to put players into situations where you can evaluate them best.