Keep on Truckin', Jerry...

The Poojer

They're having a Jerry Garcia night at the Giants game tonight. His family will throw out the first pitch, Bobby will sing the national anthem and Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann will try to get into the Guiness Book with the most kazoos to play take me out the the ball game. There will be a Dead cover band playing at home plate before the game. Only in SF baby! Oh yeah, of course I'm gonna be there. :unsure:

They're having a Jerry Garcia night at the Giants game tonight. His family will throw out the first pitch, Bobby will sing the national anthem and Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann will try to get into the Guiness Book with the most kazoos to play take me out the the ball game. There will be a Dead cover band playing at home plate before the game. Only in SF baby! Oh yeah, of course I'm gonna be there. <_<

Great game, if that was indeed a tribute to Jerry!

Great game, if that was indeed a tribute to Jerry!

Oh it was indeed a tribute. Bill Walton spoke in great length about Jerry at pre-game and they had interviews and concert footage on the big screen between innings. But it was damn cold. They were serving hot chocolate in the stands and doing a good business. We left early it was so cold.

BTW the Jerry bobbleheads are on Ebay for $60 already and I've got two of them.

Oh it was indeed a tribute. Bill Walton spoke in great length about Jerry at pre-game and they had interviews and concert footage on the big screen between innings. But it was damn cold. They were serving hot chocolate in the stands and doing a good business. We left early it was so cold.

BTW the Jerry bobbleheads are on Ebay for $60 already and I've got two of them.

I hate you!!!! We are on our 10th straight day, or something like that, of 100+ temperatures, and humidity that would kill some people...even the fish are sweating in Lake Travis... :)

I love San Francisco weather...

I hate you!!!! We are on our 10th straight day, or something like that, of 100+ temperatures, and humidity that would kill some people...even the fish are sweating in Lake Travis... :)

Hot chocolate in August?? No thanks.

Me too

Me too

I like the rain in the winter and the fall is great but this summer cold it a B word. What it is good for is if you spend the day in the east bay or wine country where it's 30 degrees warmer it's nice to head back to the coolness of the city so you can sleep.

I like the rain in the winter and the fall is great but this summer cold it a B word. What it is good for is if you spend the day in the east bay or wine country where it's 30 degrees warmer it's nice to head back to the coolness of the city so you can sleep.

I think of the summer months as Winter in SF. And that's not bad for winter.

Plus I like cold windy weather, so that works for me, too.

Hey Chef-Funny how you brought up the temp at Giants games because I'll be in SF on 9/15 and I'm going to see Giants-Dodgers. What are the average conditions at night because every game on TV shows a crowd bundled up to the hilt. Also, any "can't miss" gameday experiences in or around AT&T?

Hey Chef-Funny how you brought up the temp at Giants games because I'll be in SF on 9/15 and I'm going to see Giants-Dodgers. What are the average conditions at night because every game on TV shows a crowd bundled up to the hilt. Also, any "can't miss" gameday experiences in or around AT&T?

September and October are nice here. However it does get cool at night especailly at the ballpark seeing it's right on the bay. Check the weather report. It's only my second year here so I'm still learning the seasons.

I always tried to avoid the game day "experiences" seeing it's a zoo and I used to live two blocks from the park (I'm now about 5 blocks away) so I would avoid the area when was a game. But the 21st Amendment on 2nd street seems to do a good business. They open up the outside on game days. Most bars/restaurants near the park to drink specials on game day. Game day must at the park? GARLIC FRIES!!!

September and October are nice here. However it does get cool at night especailly at the ballpark seeing it's right on the bay. Check the weather report. It's only my second year here so I'm still learning the seasons.

I always tried to avoid the game day "experiences" seeing it's a zoo and I used to live two blocks from the park (I'm now about 5 blocks away) so I would avoid the area when was a game. But the 21st Amendment on 2nd street seems to do a good business. They open up the outside on game days. Most bars/restaurants near the park to drink specials on game day. Game day must at the park? GARLIC FRIES!!!

21st Amendment has pretty good beer (they brew) and OK food (a bit overrated but not bad).

There is also a bar on 3rd street closer to the park (dunno what it is called now) and it's decent to drink at. Needless to say these places get pretty crowded before/after the game.

Some others near the park are Tres Agaves (Mexican with a great tequila selection). The Paragon, very good grilled bacon and cheese served w/tomato soup.

There is a bar about a mile or so away from the park, right on the water, that is pretty good. It's like one train stop (toward downtown) from the ballpark. The name escapes me, but maybe Chef will know it. It gets less crowded and is a bit more fun, IMO.

21st Amendment has pretty good beer (they brew) and OK food (a bit overrated but not bad).

There is also a bar on 3rd street closer to the park (dunno what it is called now) and it's decent to drink at. Needless to say these places get pretty crowded before/after the game.

Some others near the park are Tres Agaves (Mexican with a great tequila selection). The Paragon, very good grilled bacon and cheese served w/tomato soup.

There is a bar about a mile or so away from the park, right on the water, that is pretty good. It's like one train stop (toward downtown) from the ballpark. The name escapes me, but maybe Chef will know it. It gets less crowded and is a bit more fun, IMO.

I think you're talking about Epic or Waterbar. Both nice. I like Paragon but it's kind of small and gets very crowded on gameday. Also the Hi Dive is a nice little joint on the Embarcadero and next door is Red's Java house which is nice on warmer days because they have seating right outside on the pier. Get to all these places early for a seat.

I think you're talking about Epic or Waterbar. Both nice. I like Paragon but it's kind of small and gets very crowded on gameday. Also the Hi Dive is a nice little joint on the Embarcadero and next door is Red's Java house which is nice on warmer days because they have seating right outside on the pier. Get to all these places early for a seat.

Hi Dive is the place I was thinking of. Thanks.