Lynch Should be Traded for an OT

box0life

Not a bad idea. If Reggie Corner or Youboty are showing anything in camp maybe Florence could be moved with a draft pick. If Whitner is lighting it up in camp maybe Wilson or Scott could be moved as an alternative.

If camp reports are accurate Florence is solidifying himself in the starting lineup. Do you really want to trade a starter (on a team that is still relatively berift of proven talent) for an o-lineman that another team is willing to get rid of? Gaither can't stay on the field, what other OTs would you trade Florence for?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this post. The reality is that no team is going to give up even a half-decent starting LT for Marshawn Lynch.

Lynch's performance last year was not good and add in his off-field problems, this once-suspended player isn't worth

much in trade.

I agree for the most part..Personally, I think Lynch is a bad apple that only spreads his bad attitude to other players. I think that we would have to bunch lynch and a draft choice to get a player like McNeil or whatever the OLT. Playing devils advocate even though I don't care for Lynch I think he is a very talented RB who is underachieving. But, based on recent activity and behavior the Bills would have to probably include a 4th round draft pick or higher to sweeten the pot.

I think the Bills screwed up once again, by releasing Aaron Schobel when there is legitimate interest in him by a few teams including New England. If we could have gotten a 4th or even 5th round pick for him which I think we could've gotten a 5th no problem...that would enable us to ship over a 4th or 5th round pick with Lynch for McNeal.

There are no difinitives here as I don't have the inside track on what Schobel may do. He may retire and not consider another team like Houston or New England, and there is nothing saying that any other team would want to make a trade with us for one of their OLT's. I know earlier in the year everyone was talking about Gaither. I don't know what happened with that idea, but he must have obviously reported to camp. That may still be something to consider if your the Bills.

I wish I could GM the team just for one year...I think I could make some excellent decisions in which I think they have been lacking for the most part. I didn't agree with the Draft and still am in disbelief of the '09 draft where they could've gotten Orakapo instead of Maybin.

There are no guarantees that I wouldn't fall on my face neither, but I guarantee that the Bills organization would be no worse off than they are now, and that is embarrasing as these people like Modrak, former Bills guy (Guy), have been around here for a long time with little to nothing to show for it.

Hopefully, NIX and Whaley will overshadow whatever input Modrak may add in the years that follow. All that being said, I have been predicting the Bills to be a 5-11 team since January. I am going to bump it up by one win as I think that this training camp is being done better than years past. I like that they are wearing pads, stirring it up, and practices are much longer.

On the negative side, they still have Trent Edwards as their starting QB and don't have a true #2 wide receiver. Not even considering the other shortcomings on the roster I think this will hurt the Bills in the upcoming season. I'd almost prefer

the Bills to be the worst team and get the #1 pick, but I think their defense will be good enough where they will pick between #5-10 next draft.

Appreciate having the opportunity to jump in and out of the topic at hand and I'm sorry bout that, but with 3 young kids in the house I squeeze what's on my mind when I can with regards to the Bills. Go Bills !!!! (I'll be hoping for 10-6 though..)

Gaither has way to many health problems right now and he has very questionable work ethic unfortunately we might have to wait until 2011

This argument cracks me up- it's only Gaither's health problems and questionable work ethic + Baltimore's relatively large supply of OTs + their injuries at CB that give us any chance at getting a young, experienced, quality LT- you are not going to get a guy who's a great player and has no issues- sometimes you have to take a calculated risk to improve.

Gaither has way to many health problems right now and he has very questionable work ethic unfortunately we might have to wait until 2011

also if you're going to wait to 2011 to fix the situation you better hope that we are fine at the QB position because unless we have an extra #1 round pick from a crappy team that I don't know about there is no way we get a quality QB and a quality LT in that draft.

That about our only bet to getting a good LT, McNeil is not going to be a Buffalo Bill or anything but a NOSaint.

Why would he be a N.O. Saint? And when do you predict he will get traded to the Saints? Can you also let us know why the Saints would trade for McNeil? The Saints just traded Jammal Brown to the Redskins because they are supremely confident in Jermon Bushrod, who filled in for Brown last year when he got injured and helped lead the Saints to the super bowl.

I think a lot of people are gonna be eating their words on lynch this year when you realize what he brings to this stable of backs.

Agreed. He is going to be a beast. If the Offense can make it to the red zone often enough, I bet he gets 8 maybe 10 TD runs this year along with a TD reception or two. The only other red zone threat that I would like to see develp more is Nelson. It would be awesome if he develops into even a shadow of what Gates has been.

I agree for the most part..Personally, I think Lynch is a bad apple that only spreads his bad attitude to other players. I think that we would have to bunch lynch and a draft choice to get a player like McNeil or whatever the OLT. Playing devils advocate even though I don't care for Lynch I think he is a very talented RB who is underachieving. But, based on recent activity and behavior the Bills would have to probably include a 4th round draft pick or higher to sweeten the pot.

I think the Bills screwed up once again, by releasing Aaron Schobel when there is legitimate interest in him by a few teams including New England. If we could have gotten a 4th or even 5th round pick for him which I think we could've gotten a 5th no problem...that would enable us to ship over a 4th or 5th round pick with Lynch for McNeal.

There are no difinitives here as I don't have the inside track on what Schobel may do. He may retire and not consider another team like Houston or New England, and there is nothing saying that any other team would want to make a trade with us for one of their OLT's. I know earlier in the year everyone was talking about Gaither. I don't know what happened with that idea, but he must have obviously reported to camp. That may still be something to consider if your the Bills.

I wish I could GM the team just for one year...I think I could make some excellent decisions in which I think they have been lacking for the most part. I didn't agree with the Draft and still am in disbelief of the '09 draft where they could've gotten Orakapo instead of Maybin.

There are no guarantees that I wouldn't fall on my face neither, but I guarantee that the Bills organization would be no worse off than they are now, and that is embarrasing as these people like Modrak, former Bills guy (Guy), have been around here for a long time with little to nothing to show for it.

Hopefully, NIX and Whaley will overshadow whatever input Modrak may add in the years that follow. All that being said, I have been predicting the Bills to be a 5-11 team since January. I am going to bump it up by one win as I think that this training camp is being done better than years past. I like that they are wearing pads, stirring it up, and practices are much longer.

On the negative side, they still have Trent Edwards as their starting QB and don't have a true #2 wide receiver. Not even considering the other shortcomings on the roster I think this will hurt the Bills in the upcoming season. I'd almost prefer

the Bills to be the worst team and get the #1 pick, but I think their defense will be good enough where they will pick between #5-10 next draft.

Appreciate having the opportunity to jump in and out of the topic at hand and I'm sorry bout that, but with 3 young kids in the house I squeeze what's on my mind when I can with regards to the Bills. Go Bills !!!! (I'll be hoping for 10-6 though..)

On what non-racist basis due you base this???? The players have never said one negative word about him. Fred Jackson his primary competition is his best friend on the team. Attitude would seem to be his best attribute. Making dumb decisions criminal or not is not a bad attitude.

The Saints are NOT supremely confident in Bushrod, the guys sucks. They were shocked though that Brown the LT from USC was available at the end of round 2. Bushrod is only keeping the seat warm for him. Please, no trade for Bushrod comments either. The Saints were very lucky and very talented at others positions to be able to get by with Bushrod.

So far our OT's can't stop anybody from getting to the QB. If we can't throw long for fear of getting sacked all the time, this offense won't succeed. Lynch is in his last year of his contract. We are only going to lose him to free agency unless we trade him now or during the season. Trade Lynch for McNeil right now while McNeil is holding out. Without OT help, this team doesn't win 5 games this year.

I cannot bear to read one more thread that begins trade X for a premier starting left tackle. Really? If our players all suck why would anyone give us a premier left tackle for one of our players? Trade our 3rd string back for a pro bowl tackle. Good idea! Jesus why the Hell has nobody on this entire TSW board thought of that!!!!!

I cannot bear to read one more thread that begins trade X for a premier starting left tackle. Really? If our players all suck why would anyone give us a premier left tackle for one of our players? Trade our 3rd string back for a pro bowl tackle. Good idea! Jesus why the Hell has nobody on this entier TSW board thought of that!!!!!

Hey, I thought of trading Lynch for Peyton Manning. It would solve our QB woes so we could trade Trent Edwards for Oher.

also if you're going to wait to 2011 to fix the situation you better hope that we are fine at the QB position because unless we have an extra #1 round pick from a crappy team that I don't know about there is no way we get a quality QB and a quality LT in that draft.

It would be a challenge but not imossible, especially when you consider that we'll probably have high picks if we're in need of both positions. Take the best available with the first pick and if you don't think the depth is there to get what you need early in the second, trade back up into the first. Plus free agency will likely have a lot more to offer from all the guys who got screwed into being RFAs this year due to the lack of a CBA.

Somebody suggested that the best bet would be if Lynch can have a good year, then we trade him. Ummm, if he has a good year, why trade him then. Jackson is older and I really think the future at RB is a Spiller/Lynch combo. Especially if you can get Lynch to behave off the field. I hope the 3 headed monster carries the ball 40+ times per game.

.Personally, I think Lynch is a bad apple that only spreads his bad attitude to other players. I think that we would have to bunch lynch and a draft choice to get a player like McNeil or whatever the OLT. Playing devils advocate even though I don't care for Lynch I think he is a very talented RB who is underachieving. But, based on recent activity and behavior the Bills would have to probably include a 4th round draft pick or higher to sweeten the pot."

Crazy talk. The team loves him and he's been all business this year. A hit and run is bad, and hanging with the wrong crowd is bad -- but that's it, and many many many NFL players have done worse. Cut him some slack - he's 24 with 2 1K yard seasons and a Pro Bowl under his belt. How about giving him some leadership and discipline that DJ never did?