ESPN Chat

bernie

Chuck (Pittstowm, NJ): RANDY!!!! Answer me!!!!!! With the recent injury to Travis Henry, how badly will it hurt his trade value? What do you think Buffalo will get for him?

Randy Mueller: (4:00 PM ET ) I don't think he would have had great trade value anyway...a third round pick would be good value in my mind if the Bills were going to trade him...NFL personell guys have not put alot of value on backs like him..he's solid but probably not in any elite group...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=6618#bottom

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

.....and I thought they were gonna get a top 10 pick. At least thats what I've been reading here for the last six months.

When all is said and done I think we're keeping Travis and then not getting anything for him after next season. A back-up is extremely important. I doubt any GM is going to give up what Travis is worth in a trade, especially since he has only the one year on the contract. I would assume the Bills wil allow his agent in the off season to try to make a trade for him, with a renegotiation with the trading team, and then we may get a #2 pick for him. But I wouldn't take a #3 for TH unless they think either Burns or Shaud Williams can be a feature starter back, which I doubt.

And I don't care what anyone says about whether Travis is good or great or sucks, if you're a GM and your team needs a RB and you take a guy in the second round who happens to turn out to be as good as Travis Henry has played, you're happy, if not thrilled. So he's worth a 2nd round pick. Just take a look at all the second round running backs taken in the last dozen years.

When all is said and done I think we're keeping Travis and then not getting anything for him after next season. A back-up is extremely important. I doubt any GM is going to give up what Travis is worth in a trade, especially since he has only the one year on the contract. I would assume the Bills wil allow his agent in the off season to try to make a trade for him, with a renegotiation with the trading team, and then we may get a #2 pick for him. But I wouldn't take a #3 for TH unless they think either Burns or Shaud Williams can be a feature starter back, which I doubt.

And I don't care what anyone says about whether Travis is good or great or sucks, if you're a GM and your team needs a RB and you take a guy in the second round who happens to turn out to be as good as Travis Henry has played, you're happy, if not thrilled. So he's worth a 2nd round pick. Just take a look at all the second round running backs taken in the last dozen years.

145306[/snapback]

I agree with this 110% (note, I said 110 percent, and not 100 percent, to indicate just how strongly I agree!) :w00t:

dude - throw him in Denver's offense and you have a 1700 yard rusher

145262[/snapback]

Only 1,700 yards? I am thinking more in the neighborhood of 2,000 and a berth in Canton. :w00t:

Get over it my friend. He sucks, he is out of here and we will be hard pressed to sucker someone into parting with a 6th. This MAY be possible only because he was so brain dead that he had to renegotiate a cheap contract.

The day that Travis Gump leaves Buffalo, the Bills will be a better football team, and some parents can breathe a sigh of relief.

Travis Henry is a bag of sh--, and a stupid one at that.