Prop 8 struck down

I am rarely drink <sic>. EII always tries to find some reason to condemn homosexual marriage. So now that most of the nonsensical reasons have been batted down, he tries to bring up some bull **** that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. He does this frequently, and occasionally has a point I grant you. However, this time he adds nothing but his bias.

I am not condeming the marriage... If a certain religion wants to recognize it... Great. ANY marriage has no part in what a secular gov't is today... It leads to too many problems. Woman's rights have come a long way... They don't need to ride on the male coat tails anymore. There is absolutely no reason why any marriage has to be recognized (ie: for tax breaks, whatever, etc..) by the state or central gov't. "Marriage" is a religious concept.

Ideally, we shouldn't even be in this cluster !@#$ if woman would have always been given equal status in society.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this were black rights, and a black judge decided the case, would you say the same thing?

Again... Gayness or heteroness has nothing to do about how you are born. There I said it... Yes Conner, you surely could have turned GAY if YOU WANTED TOO (I am not so sure you didn't). :worthy:

Anyway... Everything is a cultural thing. Of course ever action or practice is natural biology thing. I just had co-workers come back from Afghanistan... It's funny how they tell stories how the culture there likes male-boy... My point is, it is perfectly natural to them.

Why is this even a "state" issue? Because of the damn preferential treatment the heteros receive... And that should stop!

I am not condeming the marriage... If a certain religion wants to recognize it... Great. ANY marriage has no part in what a secular gov't is today... It leads to too many problems. Woman's rights have come a long way... They don't need to ride on the male coat tails anymore. There is absolutely no reason why any marriage has to be recognized (ie: for tax breaks, whatever, etc..) by the state or central gov't. "Marriage" is a religious concept.

Ideally, we shouldn't even be in this cluster !@#$ if woman would have always been given equal status in society.

Huge backpedal if so...

Huge backpedal if so...

No. I disapprove of the marriage, especially if it were my children. And yes, I would express my disapproval if that was the case. I would still be open to (and love) them... It would be their choice to choose and let me into their lives. Dems the breaks and hard dealings life throws at people.

What seems to be the problem here... It is totally toxic the way this battle is progressing.

There is absolutely no reason why any marriage has to be recognized.

Really? What about:

1. Joint parental rights of children

2. Joint adoption

3. Status as "next-of-kin" for hospital visits and medical decisions

4. Right to make a decision about the disposal of loved ones remains

5. Immigration and residency for partners from other countries

6. Crime victims recovery benefits

7. Domestic violence protection orders

8. Judicial protections and immunity

9. Automatic inheritance in the absence of a will

10. Public safety officers death benefits

11. Spousal veterans benefits

12. Social Security

13. Medicare

14. Joint filing of tax returns

15. Wrongful death benefits for surviving partner and children

16. Bereavement or sick leave to care for partner or children

17. Child support

18. Joint Insurance Plans

19. Tax credits including: Child tax credit, Hope and lifetime learning credits

20. Deferred Compensation for pension and IRAs

21. Estate and gift tax benefits

22. Welfare and public assistance

23. Joint housing for elderly

24. Credit protection

25. Medical care for survivors and dependents of certain veterans

That's just a short list of things that are protected by the piece of paper. That's a little more than no reason. Your "solution" (which is just a thinly veiled attempt to disguise your bigotry) would require virtually every level of government to completely overhaul existing law and open up taxpayers and citizens to expensive litigation.

We all are biggots to an extent, based on human nature. We hate that which is different.

I am all for leaving it to religion to decide- those are some of the most money grubbing people in the world, and if it wasn't in their hands, they would drop their religous facade in a second.

Yeah, homosexual marriage is a real threat to heterosexual marriage. Give them an inch and there will be no more heterosexual marriage.

This is why sane people understand that the majority DOES NOT rule in our republic. Not that the majority is against homosexual marriage. In the Unified Stupid Association, all you have to do is claim to be the majority....

We all are biggots to an extent, based on human nature. We hate that which is different.

I am all for leaving it to religion to decide- those are some of the most money grubbing people in the world, and if it wasn't in their hands, they would drop their religous facade in a second.

Yeah, homosexual marriage is a real threat to heterosexual marriage. Give them an inch and there will be no more heterosexual marriage.

This is why sane people understand that the majority DOES NOT rule in our republic. Not that the majority is against homosexual marriage. In the Unified Stupid Association, all you have to do is claim to be the majority....

I don't hate them... I just think that alternate lifestyles outside shouldn't get bennies or be promoted... Same thing with hetero state recognized marriage... The time is now when we all can stand on our OWN feet.

I'm surprised you took the time to write that; I thought all that was so self-obvious that pointing it out to EII was a waste of time.

This back-pedal is going to be fun to watch... :worthy:

It will be fun to see "libertarian Darin" back-pedal on why the state should recognize hetero-marriage.

I have been saying the same thing all along... You guys just want to bait and hate.

Really? What about:

1. Joint parental rights of children

2. Joint adoption

3. Status as "next-of-kin" for hospital visits and medical decisions

4. Right to make a decision about the disposal of loved ones remains

5. Immigration and residency for partners from other countries

6. Crime victims recovery benefits

7. Domestic violence protection orders

8. Judicial protections and immunity

9. Automatic inheritance in the absence of a will

10. Public safety officers death benefits

11. Spousal veterans benefits

12. Social Security

13. Medicare

14. Joint filing of tax returns

15. Wrongful death benefits for surviving partner and children

16. Bereavement or sick leave to care for partner or children

17. Child support

18. Joint Insurance Plans

19. Tax credits including: Child tax credit, Hope and lifetime learning credits

20. Deferred Compensation for pension and IRAs

21. Estate and gift tax benefits

22. Welfare and public assistance

23. Joint housing for elderly

24. Credit protection

25. Medical care for survivors and dependents of certain veterans

That's just a short list of things that are protected by the piece of paper. That's a little more than no reason. Your "solution" (which is just a thinly veiled attempt to disguise your bigotry) would require virtually every level of government to completely overhaul existing law and open up taxpayers and citizens to expensive litigation.

That can all be handled under "guardian" or "significant other" (no matter what the sex).

Sorry... I didn't see this first.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone is so hateful.

It will be fun to see "libertarian Darin" back-pedal on why the state should recognize hetero-marriage.

I have been saying the same thing all along... You guys just want to bait and hate.

"You guys"?

You haven't read a single thing anyone's written, have you?

Speak for yourself. Not everyone is so hateful.

Allow me to clarify- it is basic human nature to fear that which is different.

Some people have the intelligence and inner strength to fight those instincts, while others are mentally weak

Allow me to clarify- it is basic human nature to fear that which is different.

Some people have the intelligence and inner strength to fight those instincts, while others are mentally weak

And as someone who has that intelligence and strength...I really dislike those weak-ass mother!@#$ers.

"You guys"?

You haven't read a single thing anyone's written, have you?

Calling somebody a bigot has a funny way of acheiving those results you state. You want somebody to listen, you check the hate at the door... That is exactly what I have done.

Who am I hating on? Nobody... Everybody should be equal and marriage should not be recognized except by religion. True separation of church and state.

Children can have legal guardians.

Calling somebody a bigot has a funny way of acheiving those results you state. You want somebody to listen, you check the hate at the door... That is exactly what I have done.

Who am I hating on? Nobody... Everybody should be equal and marriage should not be recognized except by religion. True separation of church and state.

Children can have legal guardians.

But what "You guys" are you talking about? :worthy: It's like you jumped in after reading the last three posts in the thread, and thought you had some sort of clue what everyone had already said.

But what "You guys" are you talking about? :thumbsup: It's like you jumped in after reading the last three posts in the thread, and thought you had some sort of clue what everyone had already said.

Why should this thread be any different from all the other ones? It's kinda like when he asked me to "do my own research" when I asked him whether we're supposed to be pro or anti-carp. When I do say that, it's ALWAYS in response to someone offering up an ignorant opinion as if it holds merit.

Now he's proposing to completely change settled law throughout the country because he's afraid his kids are going to end up queer.