Poor Puppy

May Day 10

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...64&catid=13

NIAGARA FALLS-A dog in Niagara Falls is in desperate need of surgery after being severely beaten, and the Niagara County SPCA needs help with the funding.

Authorities were called to the Townsend Place Apartments in Niagara Falls on Thursday night for a case of animal cruelty. A 3 month old pointer mix had been severely beaten with a wooden table leg.

The owner didn't have a name for the dog, but the SPCA has since named her Daisy.

According to the Niagara County SPCA, the dog needs extensive surgery or it will have to have its leg amputated.

The owner is set to appear in court on August 6, and they hope to have him charged under "Buster's Law," which makes intentional killing or maiming of a dog a felony, subject to jail time.

The SPCA is looking for any kind of financial assistance from the public.

You can donate online at www.niagaraspca.org or by phone at 731-4368. Donations will also be accepted by mail to the Lockport Rd. location.

NIAGARA FALLS-A dog in Niagara Falls is in desperate need of surgery after being severely beaten, and the Niagara County SPCA needs help with the funding.

Authorities were called to the Townsend Place Apartments in Niagara Falls on Thursday night for a case of animal cruelty. A 3 month old pointer mix had been severely beaten with a wooden table leg.

The owner didn't have a name for the dog, but the SPCA has since named her Daisy.

According to the Niagara County SPCA, the dog needs extensive surgery or it will have to have its leg amputated.

The owner is set to appear in court on August 6, and they hope to have him charged under "Buster's Law," which makes intentional killing or maiming of a dog a felony, subject to jail time.

You can donate online at www.niagaraspca.org or by phone at 731-4368. Donations will also be accepted by mail to the Lockport Rd. location.

Cold place in hell. Modest donation sent. :blink:

I'm with my wife on this one - sentencing guidelines for animal cruelty should specify punishment "in like kind".

The dude needs to do at least five years. Anyone who can listen to a dogs yelping in pain and keep doing what they're doing is one sick mofo.

:lol:

:blink:

:unsure:

What he said. :(

Here's an article on Buster's Law. Evidently they want to strengthen the bill.

...“Buster, I really think he was serving a purpose,” said Nancy Bonesteel, who owned the tabby cat for which the law was named. “I really believe that’s why he hung on, so people could hear his cries and we could do something about it. We need to do more.”

Her cat died a few days after being set ablaze by Chester Williamson, then 16, who went on to rack up a lengthy rap sheet. He is currently serving 12 years in prison for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl....

:lol::blink:

http://www.pnj.com/article/20100802/NEWS01...amily-dog-Sasha :blink:

Gulf Breeze man admits mutilating, killing family dog Sasha

Kris Wernowsky • kwernowsky@pnj.com • August 2, 2010

...When investigators arrived, Matthew Foote was calm and cooperative, according to his arrest report.

Foote explained he spent the weekend in Louisiana where he met a lot of “evil people.” He told the investigator that he also punched a girl on a bus and believed that “something was put in the water,” the arrest report says.

Matthew Foote told investigators he believed the dog, a 7-year-old dachshund-Chihuahua mix named Sasha, was possessed by Satan. ...

...When investigators arrived, Matthew Foote was calm and cooperative, according to his arrest report.

Foote explained he spent the weekend in Louisiana where he met a lot of “evil people.” He told the investigator that he also punched a girl on a bus and believed that “something was put in the water,” the arrest report says.

Matthew Foote told investigators he believed the dog, a 7-year-old dachshund-Chihuahua mix named Sasha, was possessed by Satan. ...

But I do believe there's a distinction between "monstrously cruel" and "full goose looney".

Though if I saw a dachshund-Chihuahua mix walking toward me, I might cross the street. :blink:

Please, if a Dachshund-Chihuahua mix saw you walking towards it, it would definitely cross the street. :blink:

Only because it knew I was considering crossing the street, and the little demon-spawn canine wanted to !@#$ with me.

and all seems to be well:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?...77&catid=37

NIAGARA FALLS, NY-- There's a hero for a puppy in need. The SPCA of Niagara rescued Daisy last week. She needs an expensive surgery to try and save her front leg after a severe beating.

Now, a 2 On Your Side viewer is coming through with $5,000 to give Daisy a second chance. The donor wants to remain anonymous. Daisy will have the procedure Thursday.

John Faso Executive Director of the SPCA of Niagara says, "We're really confident that this surgery is going to save her leg. without the surgery she definitely would have had to have it amputated. I do want to thank the overwhelming response from the public to help daisy."

The response has been so overwhelming that they are using additional money to start a new fund. Daisy's fund will go to other animals in need of medical attention due to a cruelty case. You can donate through the SPCA of Niagara.

The fight for daisy will also continue in court. On Friday, her former owner is scheduled to to face a charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

NIAGARA FALLS, NY-- There's a hero for a puppy in need. The SPCA of Niagara rescued Daisy last week. She needs an expensive surgery to try and save her front leg after a severe beating.

Now, a 2 On Your Side viewer is coming through with $5,000 to give Daisy a second chance. The donor wants to remain anonymous. Daisy will have the procedure Thursday.

John Faso Executive Director of the SPCA of Niagara says, "We're really confident that this surgery is going to save her leg. without the surgery she definitely would have had to have it amputated. I do want to thank the overwhelming response from the public to help daisy."

The response has been so overwhelming that they are using additional money to start a new fund. Daisy's fund will go to other animals in need of medical attention due to a cruelty case. You can donate through the SPCA of Niagara.

The fight for daisy will also continue in court. On Friday, her former owner is scheduled to to face a charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

:doh:

I'd like to hit that dude with my metal baseball bat. Break both his legs...then maybe a few ribs. That still wouldn't be enough though.

Agree, I will hold him down while you do your work. But many Bills fans want that sadistic monster M Vick on the team. After all, they were just dogs! He might win a game for us!!!!

Agree, I will hold him down while you do your work. But many Bills fans want that sadistic monster M Vick on the team. After all, they were just dogs! He might win a game for us!!!!

I will help hold the other leg assuming you do not shoot him first. I assume he would be easier to abuse while bleeding.

Geesh, stories like this make me severely nauseous. I just cannot deal with hearing about animal abuse, and it is one of the few things in life that triggers my temper to such a degree that I pray I'm never witness to it in person. I'll never understand how anyone can take pleasure in causing an innocent life such suffering and pain. To me, it's one of the clearest examples of the existence of true evil.

I'm with Tom's wife on this one, too.