Bills moving forward without Schobel

Lurker

...I'm downright confizzled over this. Are they cutting him? Trading him? Forcing his hand to retire?

Nix just said they he is NOT playing for Buffalo again. He needs to let them know if he is going to retire or wants to play for someone else.

Good for Nix! Schobel is another over rated guy that has taken up way too much cap room on this roster for too many years. He isn't close to being the HOF'er Favre is so there is no way he can sit around like favre does and take his time.

Kudo's to Buddy, I am liking his approach more and more each day!

Nix just said they he is NOT playing for Buffalo again. He needs to let them know if he is going to retire or wants to play for someone else.

Good for Nix! Schobel is another over rated guy that has taken up way too much cap room on this roster for too many years. He isn't close to being the HOF'er Favre is so there is no way he can sit around like favre does and take his time.

Kudo's to Buddy, I am liking his approach more and more each day!

You've got that right. All he knows is how to lose. I won't miss him at all, though I do hope we are able to get something for him.

One of Schobel's close friends said Monday he would love to be reunited with Kollar and play for the Texans.

Bills defensive end Schobel interested in Texans | Sports | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Posted on Buffalo Rumblings.

It's something Bills fans already knew, but would the Texans be willing to trade for Schobel? If so, what would they offer? I can't imagine a high draft pick for a guy coming into camp this late in the year.

...I'm downright confizzled over this. Are they cutting him? Trading him? Forcing his hand to retire?

We shall see, but he will not be cut and he will not be just let go.

From the postings I have read and can understand, Schobel is waffling. He says that he is more 70/30 to playing right now. But he is not ready to decide.

Despite our hardship of having actual team players worthy of Pro Bowl consideration, I strongly applaud the Bills for being bold in this matter. They are making a statement that the TEAM is moving forward. Schobel, I'm sure can call Nix and say that he wants to be a part of that and he would be welcomed back to the team.

However, after reading his statements and the statements of the other Bills, it would seem that this is the Bills way of protecting the interest they have in Schobel should another team like the Texans come in and want him. They won't get him for nothing. Bill Kollar is the D Line coach in Houston, and he could put the push on for the Texans to trade maybe a player or a low round draft pick for him.

From the Bills perspective, it sends the right message and is a win-win should Schobel not come back. Schobel may only play for 1 more season- as he indicates- and sitting for the whole year would most likely put a damper on that. If Houston wants him, they will have to pay the Bills something for him.

It would seem like we may finally have a shrewd front office.

One of Schobel's close friends said Monday he would love to be reunited with Kollar and play for the Texans.

Bills defensive end Schobel interested in Texans | Sports | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

It's something Bills fans already knew, but would the Texans be willing to trade for Schobel? If so, what would they offer? I can't imagine a high draft pick for a guy coming into camp this late in the year.

At this point, even a 5th rounder would seem fair for a player who was once leaning heavily towards never coming back.

Hossage?

PTR

They should hold his contract status and just keep him on the reserve list. That way he can't go through with his actual intentions of playing for the cowboys or texans.

The Bills are going to hold firm it would be foolish to let a player hold out and benefit from it by becoming a free agent.

BS They are just telling schobel they aren't cutting him. He is going to have to retire to not play. Thus he gets no money and the Bills still retain his rights. He will be in camp the same week Favre reports and will be the starting OLB.

I dunno. Nix seemed pretty settled on the fact that AS is DONE!

Edit:

....done at least playing for the Bills.