Aaron Schobel looking for housing

Understood - been through the Columbus area myself. I guess I was suspecting that it was some kind of a knock against Texas (the stereotype of tumbleweeds, hicks and all). Hopefully most here understand that Texas' economy is leaving most of the rest of the US in the dust.

Tell that to my friend in Austin. He is a contractor for stone flooring and counters. He complains about the local economy and housing prices constantly.

Anybody else thinking that if Schrobel comes back we should look to unload Maybin if any way possible? I KNOW he is young but jesus there appears to be something wrong here......

I think Maybin should get a chance to play this year, then lets see what he does.

Schobel will play one more year. I have been a Schobel fan for a long time but frankly I was already used to the idea of him retiring. I don't think his heart is in it. I don't care for his leadership. I think he has already retired in his mind so my expectations for him are low.

I hope I am wrong.

Tell that to my friend in Austin. He is a contractor for stone flooring and counters. He complains about the local economy and housing prices constantly.

well, Austin has been a boom town for at least a decade, with lots of money to have your friend install nice stone work. It's understandable that a free-falling economy would kill off business like that.

I live in Austin. The economy here seems fine to me. I'm thinking about switching jobs and there's a bunch out there right now.

Cuz his neighbor was an asshat?

ROFL :worthy:

I live in Austin. The economy here seems fine to me. I'm thinking about switching jobs and there's a bunch out there right now.

You are not a self employed businessman in the housing industry like my friend.

I think Austin is a very cool town by the way.

Texas' unemployment rate is higher than all but about 10-15 states. Congrats to Texas in that they gained the most jobs over the past month of June (14,000) than any other state. Six Flags over Texas must have been hiring for the summer.

Schoebel wants his paycheck, but I'll be curious to see how much his heart is still into it.

Been to Texas many times - they can have it....

Anyways, Austin is to rural Texas as San Francisco is to rural California.

People make me laugh when they talk about California. They have no idea. Plenty of rednecks here. Believe me.

Austin=Boulder=…Ann Arbor?…anyways, you get the point. Cities have always been meccas of art, culture, entertainment, etc.

And some cities even more so, when contrasted to their respective states.

Talking about Austin and talking about rural Texas are like talking about two different worlds.

I am suggesting that maybe he really did mean to retire.

He wanted to compel the Bill to release him. When he realized they weren't going to budge, he has begrudgingly come back to stake his claim to $8M. Can't blame him for that!