Maybin in Puerto Rico

He has failed to gain weight. Maybe he cannot, but he looks awfully lean for a guy who is supposed to be adding 20 lbs.

I am six three, 225 and I am a bigger man than Maybin is. I stood ten yards away from him him at the first open practice. He has very skinny hips, shoulders, and wrists. He runs like an oatrich, striaght up and down. He is a total joke. He looks athletic and in shape, though. Maybe he can play safety?

Oh ... I didn't realize he had skinny hips, shoulders and wrists. He should probably be euthanized. My bad.

I couldn't agree more. This kid gets relentlessly bashed on this board on a daily basis. All of this "maybinot" stuff, etc. He's done nothing wrong except to not be an overnight success. Shame on him! Gimme a break.

"Overnight success"??

He was drafted in the first round to be a DE! How f**king long is it going to take for him to be starter?

He is being paid $25 million to produce at the highest level. He hasns't and doesn't appear able yet at this point.

Fans are free to praise and to scorn. It's done all over the world. Wake up.

I'm sure a lot of us are living "the good life" and will have money in the bank, a job and be earning a living well past 40, unlike "the stripper tackler".

He's got to show he's trying a little harder after last year's performance.

Oh ... I didn't realize he had skinny hips, shoulders and wrists. He should probably be euthanized. My bad.

Not euthanized, but we sure dont have a use for someone who has the same physique as James Hardy at linebacker. Ok, that was unfair, Maybin is a little more muscular than Hardy. A little.

I actually think if Maybin had more experience playing at linebacker and in space that he could be a good player. If he turns out to have cover skills, his height and speed could help him when he drops back. He could be a good open field tackler. But he will never hold up in the run or rush the passer until he gains bulk.

Trust me, I couldn't care less. It's jsut sad that people try so hard to rip a kid they never met. Don't hate, congratulate.

So says the person who is notorious for doing just that. Try following your own advice.

Gotta love old guys bashing a 22 yo living a life they could never imagine. Some of you need to get a life.

It's not really a bash as much as it is goofing on a guy who is a very easy target at the moment. For the record his on the field activity is all I care about and again that's easy to pick on. If he becomes a force and pro bowler he can go boat party with Fred Smoot all he wants in the off season for all I care.

AND I'm not sure about anyone else here, but I sure have been to better parties that had strippers involved...Not envious at all.

He has failed to gain weight. Maybe he cannot, but he looks awfully lean for a guy who is supposed to be adding 20 lbs.

I am six three, 225 and I am a bigger man than Maybin is. I stood ten yards away from him him at the first open practice. He has very skinny hips, shoulders, and wrists. He runs like an oatrich, striaght up and down. He is a total joke. He looks athletic and in shape, though. Maybe he can play safety?

The guy was a failure at DE. He may or may not be a failure as a linebacker in a 3-4...but I think he has a better chance at the linebacker position than he would have had at DE. That being said, I haven't seen anything about this guy that makes me optimistic. I'm hoping he steps up, plays lights out football and makes me apologize!

:)

I blame him for not turning down the Bills when they picked him and turning down their money. He also shouldn't have fun in the offseason. He also needs to stop getting excited during games as well.

What an @ hole and despite beign a fan of the Bills, I hope he fails. In fact, I hope they cut him now.

I think the reason he gets bashed is his performance on the field. If a guy is out partying like Kelly and those guys did plenty of nobody cares as long as they produce on the field and thus far Maybin hasn't done anything but open his mouth a lot.

I think that shows how small Maybin is...for the record Davis is listed as the exact same weight as Maybin - 250

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/vernon-da...d-faf80e03761d/

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/aa...b-676c5668d804/

Clearly Maybin is actually much much smaller...somewhere on the scale of 215-220, by the looks of it.

I continue to have serious reservations about someone playing at that weight at any of the front 7 positions in the NFL

but but but but.... its on the roster :devil: