The QB pecking order - who you got?

ACor58

QB to start camp  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be first in the pecking order today?

• Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Levi Brown

Not really.

Louisville is named for the bird.

Stanford is for the color.

SJF is named for he Bird.

So, either Nelson gave away that fact that it is Brohm. Or he was trying to be clever without realizing that Stanfard and Louisville were not both names the "Cardinals" after the bird.

Either way, as someone else point out. David Nelson should STFU and learn his playbook.

Isn't there still doubt about who is the starter regardless of this semantic BS?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is extremely Low given what just went on in this guys life

It's extremely low to joke that Bill Cowher may be available since he opted out of coaching for another year?

I realize his wife just died, but what the hell does one have to do with the other?

Interesting, GRZ says Fitz is getting second reps in individual drills...

That is interesting.

Remember at the end of OTAs that we were warned not to read too deeply into who took first snaps, etc.

Trent is the front runner….but nothing is guaranteed.

As for Fitzy, I don't know how significant this is.

Interesting, GRZ says Fitz is getting second reps in individual drills...

That makes sense. Fitz has games under his belt, a decent W-L record with the club, they have more contract $ going his way.

Brohm has no NFL track record. He only has the so-called "potential" as it stands. It's up to him to change opinions, if he can.

I suspect he'll get the 3rd qb non-game day spot.

Brown is a late-rounder. I'd be surprised if they put him on the PS, what with the OL in a rather thin state. If they do, he's safe. I can't think of a club that would pluck him and so have to put him on their active roster.

All speculation, of course.

That makes sense. Fitz has games under his belt, a decent W-L record with the club, they have more contract $ going his way.

Brohm has no NFL track record. He only has the so-called "potential" as it stands. It's up to him to change opinions, if he can.

I suspect he'll get the 3rd qb non-game day spot.

Brown is a late-rounder. I'd be surprised if they put him on the PS, what with the OL in a rather thin state. If they do, he's safe. I can't think of a club that would pluck him and so have to put him on their active roster.

All speculation, of course.

This sceario makes sense, but I think this is far from over. The next month should be interesting. I am not at all shocked that Chan is going for experience over potential right now, but if Trent stumbles and Brohm continues to improve, this could easily flip in my opinion.

This sceario makes sense, but I think this is far from over. The next month should be interesting. I am not at all shocked that Chan is going for experience over potential right now, but if Trent stumbles and Brohm continues to improve, this could easily flip in my opinion.

Yes. Remember how Chan seemed to make it a point to mention that Brohm had made "a jump" the last few weeks of OTAs?

He also cautioned media and fans not to give too much meaning to who is taking the first snap, etc.

I believe that the preseason games will weigh quite heavily.

Chan has mentioned that some players play better in practices and some play better in games.

I think he'll go by how they perform in the games.

But clearly they want to give Trent the first opportunity to succeed or fail.

Yes. Remember how Chan seemed to make it a point to mention that Brohm had made "a jump" the last few weeks of OTAs?

He also cautioned media and fans not to give too much meaning to who is taking the first snap, etc.

Chan has mentioned that some players play better in practices and some play better in games.

All true, and probably the right thing. I am confident that whatever way this goes, they will have a much higher probability of success under this staff and because of this process. I had no such confidence under the previous regime.

Brohm would have to significantly outplay Trent & Fitz to win the job. Considering Brohm's lack of game experience, I don't think that is a likely scenario.

I actually think that all 3 will get a start during the first 3 preseason games unless one of them significantly falls behind the others before their chance to start.

Like you said and what I have been saying all along, this pecking order is just the beginning to the competition and whoever starts week 1 will have had to win that opporunity in the first 3 preseason games. I would suspect after the 3rd preseason game that Chan will name a starter going into the final preseason game.

Its no surprise that based on experience Trent is the guy listed as QB1 to start camp and the first shot to hold onto it. But Chan has made no secret that its still anybodys job and that its very close and all three guys will get a fair shot to win it.

One thing about Trent though, he has always been a better practice QB than in game QB in his time here, and like you said, Chan has made reference to how players can tend to be that way. So, our first preseason game (assuming Trent starts it) will be critical in Trents quest to secure the job unquestionably.

Brohm would have to significantly outplay Trent & Fitz to win the job. Considering Brohm's lack of game experience, I don't think that is a likely scenario.

You are probably right, but I was hoping for a different outcome. While I think that under Gailey's offense and coaching Trent has chance to elevate his game, I still think the best we can hope from him is average. (which would be a signiifcant improvement over last year) I do not believe he has either the leadership skills or the mental toughness to be a top flight QB. On a positive note, average performance from he QB spot could be enough to make the Bills at least competitive and entertaining this year. We shall see.

You are probably right, but I was hoping for a different outcome. While I think that under Gailey's offense and coaching Trent has chance to elevate his game, I still think the best we can hope from him is average. (which would be a signiifcant improvement over last year) I do not believe he has either the leadership skills or the mental toughness to be a top flight QB. On a positive note, average performance from he QB spot could be enough to make the Bills at least competitive and entertaining this year. We shall see.

Most likely (IMO), Gailey will rotate the 3 QB's as "starter" throughout camp to decide who will at least start the preseason games. This is just a looking-over process at this point.