Take a moment to think about the start of camp

I'm hoping in two or three years we will look at Thursday as the day the team's fortunes changed.

PTR

...a bit of optimism will get you in trouble around here......

(I too hope the change in fortune has begun for our Bills)

I didn't intend to bring people down or cause needless worry.

When Promo subtitled his thread "It may be a moment to note" I anticipated him writing about not taking our football team for granted…taking stock in the fact that we still have the Bills to cheer for.

It just seemed an appropriate time (the start of Bills Camp) that we should recognize and understand where we stand and savor our football team. Really appreciate the time we have with our favorite team.

I guess (for me) the Bills are almost like a loved one. Cherish them. Don't take them for granted. Appreciate the time we've been given with them.

And back to the original intent of the thread, yes. I'm very excited about 2010. Go Bills!

Well said SJBF. We should cherish our team and enjoy the moment of another Tng. camp. And you're spot-on w/ the Bills being like a loved one to many of us. I think that's in part why some fans get so negative when the team struggles. They want so much for the team to succeed.

So hey, savor the moments.

Thanks, man. Lots of class.

Thanks Rev, but not really. It's what people should do for each other. I am proud to be a citizen of a country with people like you, your wife and your son in it.

My thanks & prayers go out to you and your family.

I was not thrilled when the Bills announced Chan Gailey as their new head coach.

Since then I have watched the videos of press conferences, taken in the draft picks and watched the reports on OTA's & minicamps. I like what I am hearing and seeing.

Granted, camp is not the regular season, yet I do feel that Thursday could very well be the beginning of the return to respectability.

GO BILLS!!!!!

It does feel more like a football team

I'll say what I say every year, regardless of who's coaching or playing: why not us? It's no fun to be rational as a fan.

Its a lot of fun to be rational as a fan. When you are a fan of a good team. Or at least a competitive one. Or, at the very least, a respectable one.

Just sayin.

Just reading the first story coming out of mini camp, just those few new quotes and insights on our team, I sort of felt the roller coaster start moving forward...

Not sure where this one will end, but I really have a feeling that it's going to be a fun year. We'll be at least competent and will earn some respect around the league.

To a great 2010 :flirt:

You really know how to raise peoples spirits SJ.

As for 2011, my gut feeling is that there will be some kind of deal made and instead of a lockout there will be a strike. In which case we will have strike games. The owners do'nt want to have a season without football, so they will be content with the strike games.

Their going to make a deal that will result in a strike? Don't sound like much of a deal.