In Case you were wondering why we drafted Spiller 9th

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it didn't work out in the game you linked us too. I don't follow your logic

That's a college game for you, things happen. You'll have a tough time finding one player with 301 All purpose yards in one NFL game that didn't end up on the winning side.

Look I get it - stop it with the Spiller highlight vids. We drafted Spiller because Ralph said we needed excitement and he thinks one fast RB will turn the whole offense around. I get it, I just dont agree with it.

I dont agree with it because you dont get any of those kind of highlights, without these kinds of highlights.

The Bills dont have the ability to let Spiller use his abilities - We have the cart but not the horse so to speak.

PS for a good laugh, fast forward to 4:30 in the video and watch Maybin get thrown around like a rag doll! (these highlights were from 2008) And to think we drafted him at #11, to play DE none the less. Truly comical.

Look I get it - stop it with the Spiller highlight vids. We drafted Spiller because Ralph said we needed excitement and he thinks one fast RB will turn the whole offense around. I get it, I just dont agree with it.

I dont agree with it because you dont get any of those kind of highlights, without these kinds of highlights.

The Bills dont have the ability to let Spiller use his abilities - We have the cart but not the horse so to speak.

PS for a good laugh, fast forward to 4:30 in the video and watch Maybin get thrown around like a rag doll! (these highlights were from 2008) And to think we drafted him at #11, to play DE none the less. Truly comical.

Actually we drafted him because this offense is void of any real playmakers and Spiller is exactly that. Excitement or not. WINNING builds excitement and we can't win without playmakers

We're going to be in great shape when we play Wake Forest and South Carolina next year! Oh...and those big fat guys in front of him hitting defensive linemen...they are called blockers...we should really get some of them.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You obviously don't understand this brilliant plan designed by this stellar front office. You don't need blockers when you have not one, not two, but THREE running backs! Especially when one is fast. Barry Sanders never had blockers and look at how well his teams did!

Get with the times, man!

Yeah, teams ran left against Penn State all year. Maybin was in way over his head against good teams.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You obviously don't understand this brilliant plan designed by this stellar front office. You don't need blockers when you have not one, not two, but THREE running backs! Especially when one is fast. Barry Sanders never had blockers and look at how well his teams did!

Get with the times, man!

yeah..and to think OJ had to put up with that Electric Company group.

Actually we drafted him because this offense is void of any real playmakers and Spiller is exactly that. Excitement or not. WINNING builds excitement and we can't win without playmakers

The team is only void of playmakers at the positions that matter. Prior to the draft, we had a PB RB and the RB who beat him out for the starting spot. We have Evans at WR, and last year we saw what having TO got us. We have a very promising second year TE. We had 3 of the leagues best return men in Parrish/McKelvin/McGee, We have tons of talent in the D backfield....

But what we DONT have is what we still dont have and thats what matters most. How many times have you heard "you first pay the QB, then the OL to protect that QB, then the guys to get the other teams QB...."

We dont have an OL. We barely have a DL. We lack true playmakers at LB - where we now need 4 starters. We also have no playmakers at the games most important position of QB.

So the Bills have zilch at the games 3 most important areas. Yes they lack playmakers - but only at the games most key positions. We have plenty of talent at the B rate positions. This is what the Bills front office habitually fails to correct.