Keep an eye on Matt Jones

I remember when he was drafted - I wanted the Bills to be able to get him ... obviously glad they did not.

Oddball thought - some club might have him on the roster as the 3rd QB, and activate him if their wr corps takes an injury hit. He didn't shine brightly when CIN signed him and worked him out, but evidently his health is fine, and he certainly has some wheels.

Regarding his drug use history - hard to say...young guy with a pocketful of jingle - an old story.

would be a good move, also patrick crayton or roy williams might be available. Any of the 3 would be a big upgrade for us. I would not be surprised if James Hardy gets cut.

You are going to give up on a 2nd round reciever after basically having only 1 year of experience because he was hurt year 2. You cant count last year because he was on the PUP list.

You are going to give up on a 2nd round reciever after basically having only 1 year of experience because he was hurt year 2. You cant count last year because he was on the PUP list.

The guy is slow and can't run routes. He played well in college because he could dominate physically. He is similar to Mike Williams (usc) WR that was drafted high by the lions, but was a bust in the pros.

I don't know, when I saw him play 2 years ago I thought he was going to be a stud. Not pretty, but comes down with the freakin' football. If he in fact does have his problems strightened out, he could be good. I'm still not sure I'd do it though. Let's play a couple of pre season game and see what we got at reciever first. Of course we do have until the bungles cut him

first.

I seem to remember a guy named Bruce Smith that had the same problems this kid had. I think it was a good idea that we took a chance on him.

Bruce Smith was an underachieving, near-bust barely clinging to a roster spot after 4 years in the league? :beer:

...and the next on TBD's continuing quest to suggest that the Bills sign..every..single..player..not already on the roster is MATT JONES

You beat me to it .... wow, did you head the Toronto Argonauts are about to cut a wide-out who really is Hall of Fame material ... just didn't make the numbers for the CFL but boy he's going to be better than anyone on the Bills' roster ...

Bruce Smith was an underachieving, near-bust barely clinging to a roster spot after 4 years in the league? :beer:

This place is full of smart@sses. I'm talking about off the field problems, not performance. Jones isn't in the same category as a player, but he can be a good, serviceable wide receiver in this league. That is all.