Keep an eye on Matt Jones

He could be the odd man out in Cincinnati. I know he doesn't have the greatest background, and he's been in some trouble. But this guy could be a great possession receiver for this team. He's a great athlete, he's tall, and he's experienced. We're not exactly loaded at the WR position, and he could be had for cheap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7197

He could be the odd man out in Cincinnati. I know he doesn't have the greatest background, and he's been in some trouble. But this guy could be a great possession receiver for this team. He's a great athlete, he's tall, and he's experienced. We're not exactly loaded at the WR position, and he could be had for cheap.

Hard to think he makes CIN's cuts. From what I've read he didn't impress in workouts. IIRC, had difficulty executing basic patterns. They signed him on a simple, cheap "look-see" basis.

He might work out better elsewhere - who knows? FWIW, it seems he has his head screwed on straight.

Hard to think he makes CIN's cuts. From what I've read he didn't impress in workouts. IIRC, had difficulty executing basic patterns. They signed him on a simple, cheap "look-see" basis.

He might work out better elsewhere - who knows? FWIW, it seems he has his head screwed on straight.

I remember quotes coming out of even the team, granted anonymously , that people who watched the workouts were in shock he signed. Also, is there anything credible about him getting his head straight, or just no arrests this year? I just havent heard anything good or bad -- which is better then only bad at this point!

I heard the opposite. Check out this article: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Matt-J...s-minicamp.html

would be a good move, also patrick crayton or roy williams might be available. Any of the 3 would be a big upgrade for us. I would not be surprised if James Hardy gets cut.

...and the next on TBD's continuing quest to suggest that the Bills sign..every..single..player..not already on the roster is MATT JONES

This isn't a "sign him he just got cut" thread. He's a talented guy still on the roster in Cincy. They wanted to go big and sign TO, and that leaves other productive, athletic receivers on the roster capable of being cut. The Bills do not have proven WR's outside of Evans on the roster. I don't see the problem with keeping an open mind.

would be a good move, also patrick crayton or roy williams might be available. Any of the 3 would be a big upgrade for us. I would not be surprised if James Hardy gets cut.

Um, the guy has had one season. If anyone better watch his back its Roscoe Parrish, who was exposed after the league changed the punt return rules. We already knew he wasn't a NFL receiver

Possession receiver?

Antonio Bryant has not impressed and they have concerns about his health at this point which is why they decided to bring in TO. So I really doubt they will cut anyone going into the season. However, if they did cut Jones he should not be brought in. His resume isnt any where good enough to bring him in with his baggage. More importantly he just isnt worth holding back our younger guys back. Our young guys need playing time and all have a lot of potential themselves. Its time to see what they can do.

Roy Williams is the only potential cut (although I really dont believe he will be cut) that has had enough success and is young enough to take a risk on IMHO. But I really would like to see what our current young guns can do before we start looking outside our team for help.

This isn't a "sign him he just got cut" thread. He's a talented guy still on the roster in Cincy. They wanted to go big and sign TO, and that leaves other productive, athletic receivers on the roster capable of being cut. The Bills do not have proven WR's outside of Evans on the roster. I don't see the problem with keeping an open mind.

The fact that he hasn't been cut yet only serves to make it more stupid, not less.

Antonio Bryant has not impressed and they have concerns about his health at this point which is why they decided to bring in TO.

So I really doubt they will cut anyone going into the season.

IIRC, they have 10 WRs going into camp. My guess is they will carry 6 if they have to, or 5, if Antonio Bryant turns out to be damaged goods.

Ochodinko, Andre Caldwell, 3rd rounder Shipley are locks. Bryant's knee - he might get axed in favor of insurance-policy TO. If not, that adds up to 5, and I would be very surprised if they would risk putting their #6, Dez Bryant on the practice squad.

My guess is that '08 #2 Jerome Simpson, Maurice Purify, Jones, Quan Cosby (gutsy player, and was a decent PR for them last season - but Shipley probably fills the PR role, perhaps Pac-Man Jones) and Freddie Brown get axed.

Jones, Cosby, and Simpson (the book on him is million dollar physical skills but a ten cent head) should merit a look-see by BUF, IMO.

I remember when he was drafted - I wanted the Bills to be able to get him ... obviously glad they did not.