Shawn Crable released

NewEra

Looks like the 2008 Patriots draft class has been a disappointment.

Crable was a 3rd rounder who because of injuries and now a failed physical, never played a down for the Patsies.

Jerod Mayo may be the only decent player from that draft and he had a sophomore slump last year.

As I said in earlier posts, the Patsies have been great at stockpiling draft picks.

Especially now since Pioli has left the organization, it will be interesting to see if they will parlay all those draft picks into actually good players.

Crable has awesome athletic abilities to play rush-backer in a 3-4. So far he hasn't been able to really transfer that physical ability to play on the field. At Michigan he would sometimes make great plays but also disappear for long stretches. He'd be worth a look,but I wouldn't get my hopes up that he'd ever be a difference maker.

Must be lots of slit wrists over at Patsfans.com--those guys thought Crable was the second coming of Dick Butkus, until, of course, he missed each of the last two seasons with knee injuries (kind of like Butkus in that respect at least).....

Yeah, there's always an upgrade when another team lets a player go. Usually, I don't agree with it. Sometimes, though, like with the recent post about Matt Jones in Cinci - a player like that I'd take a look at, at least. But, I like our young LB's and I'd like to see them get a chance. I like Poz, Mitchell, and Davis, too. Maybin might be good at the position. So, we've got talent now, I think. More or less, there are a few positions where we don't have depth - like QB, Tackle, and Center, to name three, where we might find other teams let a player go that might be a real upgrade for us in those areas. But, we are pretty deep in other areas, I think, when you consider we'll lose a bunch of guys to the 53 man cuts. With our roster, I think we've only got room, reasonably, for two or three new faces before we start to chance losing yount talent.

Looks like the 2008 Patriots draft class has been a disappointment.

Crable was a 3rd rounder who because of injuries and now a failed physical, never played a down for the Patsies.

Jerod Mayo may be the only decent player from that draft and he had a sophomore slump last year.

As I said in earlier posts, the Patsies have been great at stockpiling draft picks.

Especially now since Pioli has left the organization, it will be interesting to see if they will parlay all those draft picks into actually good players.

Actually, that '08 Pats draft that you reference above, was a Pioli draft. His last as a Patriot. Many Pats fans were not too displeased Pioli left, feeling it was time.

The last 2 Pats drafts, minus Pioli, appear to be much better.

Actually, that '08 Pats draft that you reference above, was a Pioli draft. His last as a Patriot. Many Pats fans were not too displeased Pioli left, feeling it was time.

The last 2 Pats drafts, minus Pioli, appear to be much better.

I know the 2008 draft was Pioli's. Pioli has been given a great deal of credit for building the New England dynasty.

With the last two drafts (non-Pioli), it's simply too early to say whether the Patsies have drafted well.

I know the 2008 draft was Pioli's. Pioli has been given a great deal of credit for building the New England dynasty.

With the last two drafts (non-Pioli), it's simply too early to say whether the Patsies have drafted well.

Losing Dimitroff to the Falcons in addition to the loss of Pioli depleted the front office.

Whatever one thinks of the Pats they have lost some key front office staff and numerous coaches to other teams. It is a testament to the caliber of staffing in their organization. I wonder if John Guy hooked up with any other team? If there are any openings for an elite marketing staffer Brandon would certainly be considered. However, I'm confident there is little appeal for his football knowledge.

Yeah, there's always an upgrade when another team lets a player go. Usually, I don't agree with it. Sometimes, though, like with the recent post about Matt Jones in Cinci - a player like that I'd take a look at, at least. But, I like our young LB's and I'd like to see them get a chance. I like Poz, Mitchell, and Davis, too. Maybin might be good at the position. So, we've got talent now, I think. More or less, there are a few positions where we don't have depth - like QB, Tackle, and Center, to name three, where we might find other teams let a player go that might be a real upgrade for us in those areas. But, we are pretty deep in other areas, I think, when you consider we'll lose a bunch of guys to the 53 man cuts. With our roster, I think we've only got room, reasonably, for two or three new faces before we start to chance losing yount talent.

I'd say the only thing we have at QB is depth, I don't understand why you would want to add more.

Losing Dimitroff to the Falcons in addition to the loss of Pioli depleted the front office.

Whatever one thinks of the Pats they have lost some key front office staff and numerous coaches to other teams. It is a testament to the caliber of staffing in their organization. I wonder if John Guy hooked up with any other team? If there are any openings for an elite marketing staffer Brandon would certainly be considered. However, I'm confident there is little appeal for his football knowledge.

Great point on Tom Dimitroff. I know also that the Patsies have employed long time Titans GM Floyd Reese as a senior consultant for the past two years.

I felt before the Bills hired Buddy Nix that they should at least bring Reese in for an interview but they didn't.

Also to your point about losing front office and coaches, it's interesting to see that Pioli has been reunited with both Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel in Kansas City as they were Belichick's principle coordinators for so long in New England and they all trace their coaching roots back through Bill Parcells. Now they are Todd Haley's (the man who never played football at any level) top assistants.

Also, I've read a few articles where Chiefs 2nd year Head Coach Todd Haley basically failed his first season, being a megalomaniacal control freak (firing Gailey to run the offense) etc. Players said that he made things personal and had anger issues. Haley is probably on thin ice.

None of the coaches who have left the Pats have done much, and neither has Pioli. And if the Falcons miss the playoffs again, Dimitroff doesn't look like the genius he did in his 1st year.

I guess it's harder without the video camera. :beer: