Obama: raising taxes on small businesses

Riled up...maybe not.

But he definitely gets people to respond. Some of those responses require a bit more effort than what I tend to give to laughingstocks.

But my props basically go to his sticking with his act of total incompetence on any subject that's brought up. I mean no one could possibly be that dumb...right? :ph34r:

I agree, it HAS to be an act. right?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it HAS to be an act. right?

He'd have to be unbelievably smart to pull off trolling like this. Even garden-variety blithering idiocy is not an easy thing to fake long term, never mind conner's version of it.

So while no one's that dumb...no one's that smart, either.

He'd have to be unbelievably smart to pull off trolling like this. Even garden-variety blithering idiocy is not an easy thing to fake long term, never mind conner's version of it.

So while no one's that dumb...no one's that smart, either.

OMG, you've blundered into the answer!!!! Conner is actually the smartest man on Earth, and he's playing us all for fools!!! Ah, the genious (sic) of it!!! Damn him!!!

Time to get a clue Dave. Small businesses are this country's biggest employers and they're not doing well.

Oh, c'mon, all we need is to have them free up $30B in loans that can't be paid for and all will be well. There's this silly right-wing notion that private companies actually need business to survive, but the far left is debunking that ridiculous concept with its "You don't need income from sales or service as long as you have a credit line" plan. I mean, it's working so well at the federal level, why can't the private industry grasp this. Hell, it's so simple, even conner can understand it.

Oh, c'mon, all we need is to have them free up $30B in loans that can't be paid for and all will be well. There's this silly right-wing notion that private companies actually need business to survive, but the far left is debunking that ridiculous concept with its "You don't need income from sales or service as long as you have a credit line" plan. I mean, it's working so well at the federal level, why can't the private industry grasp this. Hell, it's so simple, even conner can understand it.

The problem with lending isn't the supply of money, rather the availability of creditworthy borrowers and aggregate domestic demand for goods and services. This is a painful deleveraging process that has to play it's way through, when banks feel that conditions are more suitable for lending, they will begin to lend. It's just that simple....

The problem with lending isn't the supply of money, rather the availability of creditworthy borrowers and aggregate domestic demand for goods and services. This is a painful deleveraging process that has to play it's way through, when banks feel that conditions are more suitable for lending, they will begin to lend. It's just that simple....

Well, now you're just talking crazy. How soon we forget how great our economy was when people who didn't have to provide verifiable income were loaned money they couldn't pay back to buy a house they couldn't afford. We were living large back then, man. If we do the same for small businesses, and get them the cash they need now but won't be able to repay later, well...then...I think we both realize how the fast the economy will rebound.

Great read here from Mort Zuckerman, who was previously a huge Obama supporter.

Highlights:

The growing tension between the Obama administration and business is a cause for national concern. The president has lost the confidence of employers, whose worries over taxes and the increased costs of new regulation are holding back investment and growth. The government must appreciate that confidence is an imperative if business is to invest, take risks and put the millions of unemployed back to productive work.

And this:

The predilection to blame business was manifest in one of President Barack Obama’s recent speeches. He was supposed to be seeking the support of the business community for a doubling of exports over the next five years. Instead he lashed out at “unscrupulous and underhanded businesses, who are unencumbered by any restriction on activities that might harm the environment, take advantage of middle-class families, or, as we’ve seen, threaten to bring down the entire financial system.”

This kind of gratuitous and overstated demonisation – widely seen in the business community as a resort to economic populism on the part of Mr Obama to shore up the growing weakness in his political standing – is exactly the wrong approach. It ignores his disappointing stimulus programme, which was ill-designed to produce the jobs the president promised. It also undermines the confidence that business needs to find if it is to invest in the face of a new generation of regulations, increased bureaucracy and higher taxes.

Disillusion has spread to the Business Roundtable, the US Chamber of Commerce and the National Federation of Independent Business, which represents small businesses. The chief economist of the NFIB recently wrote: “Business owners do not trust the economic policies in place or proposed ... the US economy faces hurricane-force headwinds and the government is at the centre of the storm, making an economic recovery very difficult.”

Well that settles it. Obama's spend, spend, spend and tax policies are working. The stimulus bill pulled us from the brink of disaster and saved the economy.

According to Dave, the best economic indicator, are Ipod and Ipad sales. :blush:

All Hail to Steve Jobs!!

Here's a great video for Conner to watch. Scroll down on the left column to the image of Ryan.

Chris Matthews The Simple talks to Paul Ryan The Numbers Cruncher. For added fun, Ryan is joined on the Democratic side by Joe Crowley. Both are on the Ways and Means Committee, and Matthews is discussing whether the WH should let the Bush tax cuts expire, etc.

By the three minute mark, the crushing of Matthews by Ryan begins. Pushed for details, Ryan delivers. And then comes the conner moment. When Ryan starts talking about the tax cuts, Matthews says something like "No, I want to talk about individual taxes," and Ryan destroys him as he explains how 75% of those getting the tax hike are small businesses that file their taxes as individuals.

For added pleasure, listen to Crowley explain how Bush tax cuts and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are single-handedly responsible for the current economic conditions. :blush:

Gotta admit...I'm becoming a very big Paul Ryan fan. When you hear him talk, those around him are lost because he has the facts behind the claims.

Here's a great video for Conner to watch. Scroll down on the left column to the image of Ryan.

Chris Matthews The Simple talks to Paul Ryan The Numbers Cruncher. For added fun, Ryan is joined on the Democratic side by Joe Crowley. Both are on the Ways and Means Committee, and Matthews is discussing whether the WH should let the Bush tax cuts expire, etc.

By the three minute mark, the crushing of Matthews by Ryan begins. Pushed for details, Ryan delivers. And then comes the conner moment. When Ryan starts talking about the tax cuts, Matthews says something like "No, I want to talk about individual taxes," and Ryan destroys him as he explains how 75% of those getting the tax hike are small businesses that file their taxes as individuals.

For added pleasure, listen to Crowley explain how Bush tax cuts and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are single-handedly responsible for the current economic conditions. :blush:

Gotta admit...I'm becoming a very big Paul Ryan fan. When you hear him talk, those around him are lost because he has the facts behind the claims.

Dude, I saw that interview yesterday, you know how Matthews prides himself on catching his interviewees off guard? He couldn't do it, for every question he had for him, Ryan had a quick and logical answer. You could see it in Matthews face, there was a look of "Man, this guy is formidable and on top of his game" sort of look. I also remember Campbell Brown trying to grill Paul Ryan during the health care debate, and she was pressing him about his plan of providing Vouchers to replace certain elements of Medicare, I could see that she really wanted to make that idea appear radical, but for every question she had for him, well.... Same thing, Ryan had coherent answers for her. I'm telling you, you could tell that she was really impressed with him.

Even Obama gave Ryan props. The guy would be an excellent Ways and Means Committee head. That is the role he is destined for. Too bad David Ocampo is ahead of him for that spot.

And in regards to Crowley's reasoning behind the economic crisis. That sounds like a Connerism. 0:)

Dude, I saw that interview yesterday, you know how Matthews prides himself on catching his interviewees off guard? He couldn't do it, for every question he had for him, Ryan had a quick and logical answer. You could see it in Matthews face, there was a look of "Man, this guy is formidable and on top of his game" sort of look. I also remember Campbell Brown trying to grill Paul Ryan during the health care debate, and she was pressing him about his plan of providing Vouchers to replace certain elements of Medicare, I could see that she really wanted to make that idea appear radical, but for every question she had for him, well.... Same thing, Ryan had coherent answers for her. I'm telling you, you could tell that she was really impressed with him.

Even Obama gave Ryan props. The guy would be an excellent Ways and Means Committee head. That is the role he is destined for. Too bad David Ocampo is ahead of him for that spot.

And in regards to Crowley's reasoning behind the economic crisis. That sounds like a Connerism. :blush:

That was fun to watch.

How does a guy who sticks by the facts get elected to begin with? :blush:

He couldn't do it, for every question he had for him, Ryan had a quick and logical answer.

One of the funniest parts was Matthews saying "Can you give me specifics?" and Ryan rattles off a bunch of things that would reduce the deficit by over a trillion dollars, and Matthews says something stupid like, "Well, that all sounds kind of general." :blush:

While head of Ways and Means is admirable, I wouldn't mind seeing his shoot higher. He made a couple of speeches recently that were reported by Daily Caller, and he was essentially saying "Look, I'm having a hard time even getting the GOP behind this because their plan going into the mid-terms is essentially "Shut up, don't say something stupid, and let the Dems hurt themselves." While there may be something to that "lay low" approach, it also stinks of Dick Jauron "We're up by 3, late in the 3rd...let's try to kill the clock." His blueprint is something I believe (and I hate to use this overused term) would further engergize the conservatives so what should be a takeover of Congress by laying low COULD turn into a takeover of both houses.

You hear the main criticism from Crowley, though: "It'll privatize Social Security," and the GOP probably wants to stay far away from talking point that until after the elections.

One of the funniest parts was Matthews saying "Can you give me specifics?" and Ryan rattles off a bunch of things that would reduce the deficit by over a trillion dollars, and Matthews says something stupid like, "Well, that all sounds kind of general." :blush:

While head of Ways and Means is admirable, I wouldn't mind seeing his shoot higher. He made a couple of speeches recently that were reported by Daily Caller, and he was essentially saying "Look, I'm having a hard time even getting the GOP behind this because their plan going into the mid-terms is essentially "Shut up, don't say something stupid, and let the Dems hurt themselves." While there may be something to that "lay low" approach, it also stinks of Dick Jauron "We're up by 3, late in the 3rd...let's try to kill the clock." His blueprint is something I believe (and I hate to use this overused term) would further engergize the conservatives so what should be a takeover of Congress by laying low COULD turn into a takeover of both houses.

You hear the main criticism from Crowley, though: "It'll privatize Social Security," and the GOP probably wants to stay far away from talking point that until after the elections.

I understand their strategy of not !@#$ing up and saying anything too controversial, it looks as if they are going to pick u a lot of seats, and they probably don't want to risk it. Hopefully after the elections they can get serious about doing something substantive regarding the National Deficit.

About "shooting higher", well, I hear what you're saying, but he's a fiscal policy wonk. That's what he is. I believe the role that fits him best is crafting legislation. Just imagine how effective he could be if he is the point man in crafting legislation designed to reduce the national deficit.

That's just my view.

but he's a fiscal policy wonk. That's what he is. I believe the role that fits him best is crafting legislation. Just imagine how effective he could be if he is the point man in crafting legislation designed to reduce the national deficit.

That's just my view.

Is this the guy with the real long term plan (say 2099) with raising SS age/other entitlements/etc slowly? Only heard him once, but he was impressive if so.